First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think there are mainly two boats on spending for the Raptor.

It is slightly out of my price range, but this is an amazing chance, so I'll get the base with no add ons. The other camp is, I'm spending 80k+ on a vehicle I'm not going to cut any corners at this point.

I don't see many people getting some upgrades then cutting corners on other to save a buck.
Considering I was planning on a 54K vehicle, and the Raptor is more than I wanted to spend, but with the opportunity to get one I am going to get one. Disappointed I can not get the blue leather with the wash out floor. So I am going MGV. Have to have the LUX package. Opted for the bead locks, the code orange seat belts. Had I gone with the blue leather I would have done carbon fiber for sure.

We didn't add it to our build. Seemed steep to me. But then it would be nice to have.
I have gone back and forth on it. I think its too much money for how little you get, that said it does look nice.

Originally Lux was going to be my only option.
Sponsored

Adrenalista

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
For me the interior is money well spent. I’m the one sitting in the vehicle and that’s what I’ll see and touch more than anything else. The CF gives ME something to experience and enjoy. It makes it feel that much more special.

I sat in a Bronco for the first time this week. It has a lot of plastic. I was a bit underwhelmed. There is no way I wouldn’t include this option after that experience. If I’m spending $80k then it really needs these types of touches to justify its price point.

If I was buying used, it absolutely would be a must have option. Aftermarket stuff is more often a miss. And wrapping it??? Not a chance. It’s not some cobbled street racer.

River Rat

Raptor
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda 450 x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Question… couldn’t we just add it later with a Ford OEM carbon kit if we like it after seeing it in person versus the website simulator? I think I saw Ford OEM carbon kits for the truck Raptor for sale …

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Considering I was planning on a 54K vehicle, and the Raptor is more than I wanted to spend, but with the opportunity to get one I am going to get one. Disappointed I can not get the blue leather with the wash out floor. So I am going MGV. Have to have the LUX package. Opted for the bead locks, the code orange seat belts. Had I gone with the blue leather I would have done carbon fiber for sure.

I have gone back and forth on it. I think its too much money for how little you get, that said it does look nice.

Originally Lux was going to be my only option.
I can relate about wishing the wash out floor was available with the blue leather. Did you consider ordering wash out floors and then getting aftermarket blue leather seating like Katskins for the same amount you otherwise would pay for stock leather seats?

Adrenalista

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The F-150 carbon fiber package includes a lot of things named “appliqué “. That suggests to me they are easier to add on. The F-150 carbon package includes:
Shifter knob
Dash appliqué
Door appliqué
Media Bin door

The Bronco includes:
Steering wheel bezel
Grab handles
Shifter knob
with some unofficial potential about center console trim included, but to be clear it is not listed on website, only shown in render

Depending on how the CF on the steering wheel is done, that could be a very expensive post purchase add on. Possibly requiring an entirely new steering wheel, and the airbag complicates things. Not impossible, but it’s more involved than an appliqué would be.

Something else to note. You cannot combine the blue interior and CF package on the F-150 Raptor. It’s one or the other.
Bronco let’s you have both.

Sponsored

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

najay

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
boss 302, focus st, gen1 lightning, f250 7.3l 4wd
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have an issue with using Carbon Fiber as a decorative accessory. The material is ultra high strength and light weight, and meant for structural applications. It just seems wrong to use it as interior flair.
We are not going to add the option to our build.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Gen2 f150 raptor had a carbon fiber shifter but the GEN3 raptor does not.

I have owned both. The CF in the GEN2 was much better than the gen3. And from the pics, the bronco raptor CF looks much much better than the f150 raptor ever had

The F-150 carbon fiber package includes a lot of things named “appliqué “. That suggests to me they are easier to add on. The F-150 carbon package includes:
Shifter knob
Dash appliqué
Door appliqué
Media Bin door

The Bronco includes:
Steering wheel bezel
Grab handles
Shifter knob
with some unofficial potential about center console trim included, but to be clear it is not listed on website, only shown in render

Depending on how the CF on the steering wheel is done, that could be a very expensive post purchase add on. Possibly requiring an entirely new steering wheel, and the airbag complicates things. Not impossible, but it’s more involved than an appliqué would be.

Something else to note. You cannot combine the blue interior and CF package on the F-150 Raptor. It’s one or the other.
Bronco let’s you have both.

IXFE

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I love carbon fiber, and in the right vehicle it can really set off an interior. Unfortunately I think both the placement and the execution in the BRaptor is just not that good. It feels forced and out of place in an extreme offroad vehicle. And even if you disagree with that, I think we can all agree Ford was a little to chinsy in how little they gave us. I skipped this option, and not because of the cost.

ironmike

Raptor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I love carbon fiber, and in the right vehicle it can really set off an interior. Unfortunately I think both the placement and the execution in the BRaptor is just not that good. It feels forced and out of place in an extreme offroad vehicle. And even if you disagree with that, I think we can all agree Ford was a little to chinsy in how little they gave us. I skipped this option, and not because of the cost.
Exactly this. The cost is just insulting for what you’re getting. I swear Ford could sell “Raptor Dice” for your rearview mirror, and some people would HAVE to have them.

Sponsored

Adrenalista

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Gen2 f150 raptor had a carbon fiber shifter but the GEN3 raptor does not.

I have owned both. The CF in the GEN2 was much better than the gen3. And from the pics, the bronco raptor CF looks much much better than the f150 raptor ever had
The Ford configurator currently lists the shifter as included for the current F-150 Raptor carbon package. I trust your knowledge and experience with past iterations and quality.

I agree, the CF integration for the Bronco looks like a higher quality product. Really like the matte finish as opposed to the gloss on the F-150. It’s a better fit for the Braptor persona.

Of course I’d like to see more cf included. But I’ll take what I can get over the standard option of an overwhelming amount of plastic.
There is a point at higher $$ levels that you expect higher quality materials. The Bronco raptor straddles the fine line of rough go anywhere outdoors vibe and at Raptor price point, a luxury performance expectation. I’m happy to see the how many features have become purpose built for the Braptor.
For those who want all out rough and tumble capability, it’s great that the option for marine grade interiors and the ability to hose it out from weekend fun and drive to work exist side by side with alternatives.

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Question… couldn’t we just add it later with a Ford OEM carbon kit if we like it after seeing it in person versus the website simulator? I think I saw Ford OEM carbon kits for the truck Raptor for sale …
No sure you can add the steering wheel carbon. Seems integrated. I know on an after market carbon fiber wheel, you can't get a heated wheel.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I can relate about wishing the wash out floor was available with the blue leather. Did you consider ordering wash out floors and then getting aftermarket blue leather seating like Katskins for the same amount you otherwise would pay for stock leather seats?
That is a possibility. I am going with washout floor. The marine grade vinyl is really nice. Just wish they would have added some color to it. We will see how I actually like it. Still looks new in my 12 year old boat.

I have an issue with using Carbon Fiber as a decorative accessory. The material is ultra high strength and light weight, and meant for structural applications. It just seems wrong to use it as interior flair.
We are not going to add the option to our build.
My Carbon 65 Corvette has a Carbon Fiber hood, roof, front spoiler, rear spoiler, side ground effects, seat backs all part of the 65th anniversary Carbon 65 package. The dash carbon fiber option was 900 dollars.

The price they want for the little bit of carbon fiber is not worth it to me. Also it is not integrated with anything on the outside of the vehicle like it is with my Carbon 65 Corvette.

Exactly this. The cost is just insulting for what you’re getting. I swear Ford could sell “Raptor Dice” for your rearview mirror, and some people would HAVE to have them.
I agree. Looks good, especially on wheel. However way over priced for what you get.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Description says steering wheel, grab handles and shift knob, not much for $1700. If you zoom in on some of the pics it looks like the center console around the cup holders is also carbon fiber. Anyone have guesses if it is or not?
Somehow methinks I have other places to spend $1,700 smackeroos.