Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can anyone with the dash mounted USB from the LUX verify if the port is just a power port or does it also provide access to the infotainment system with wired CarPlay/AA ?
Sponsored

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I tried this a few days ago and it was just power, unfortunately. Wish it also carried data.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, posted it in another thread. Its only power.

OP
OP
j_anderson

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I tried this a few days ago and it was just power, unfortunately. Wish it also carried data.
Yep, posted it in another thread. Its only power.

I'm adding a power port and was curious how the factory solution functioned. I'm still waiting to hear back on some parts from a wrecked model that I found. I may add the factory defrost vent and port but if I cant get it for a reasonable amount, I may just drill a hole.

thanks for the info

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm adding a power port and was curious how the factory solution functioned. I'm still waiting to hear back on some parts from a wrecked model that I found. I may add the factory defrost vent and port but if I cant get it for a reasonable amount, I may just drill a hole.

thanks for the info
I would just drill a whole and go aftermarket. Nothing special about this one. Wouldn't you have the drill the hole anyways to install the factory one?

Sponsored
OP
OP
j_anderson

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would just drill a whole and go aftermarket. Nothing special about this one. Wouldn't you have the drill the hole anyways to install the factory one?
No, I am looking to buy the defrost panel, port and speaker grilles out of a wrecked Bronco. It would just be a swap of the trim piece and wire the port for power. Since I have to tear it all down regardless, I thought the lux panel would be cleaner.

What I like about the Lux panel is the USB is located near the ambient light sensor and angled back toward the cabin. The non-lux trim panel has the sensor centered in that spot so there isn't enough room to place the port. I would have to put it in a different location.

like here:
Ford Bronco Question about the dash mounted USB from LUX 1634585787746

the only thing that worries me about this location is if the top is down and I'm caught in the rain. That tray could pool moisture and drip down directly in the infotainment modules.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have installed usb ports (dual usb-c/usb-a) on the outside of my camper trailer. Just pick up marine grade ports that have the o-ring seals and dust caps and you’ll be fine.
Sponsored