Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The advanced 4x4 case has a 3.01 final in 4Lo, The standard has 2.72 in 4Lo

You'll still have the Crawler Gear in the tranny with the 7MT.

You'll have 4.46 Gears in your axles...

No, you won't the 94.7 Crawl Ration of the Badlands 7mt. But you'll still have a pretty damn good 81.1!
Sponsored

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Right......The axle is running 4.46 gears, but my understanding is that the transfer case is geared much higher (deeper) with the Advanced 4x4 Transfer Case versus the Standard Transfer Case.

I think the standard transfer case is geared at:
High: ???
Low: 2.72:1
Crawl Ratio: 79.92:1

Versus the Advanced 4x4 Transfer Case:
High: ???
Low: 3.06:1
Crawl Ratio: 94.75:1

When in High Range, are both Transfer cases geared the same?

The below thread has the transfer case breakdown of 4 Low

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/low-range-ratio-of-transfer-case.12339/
Yeah I was focusing on the wrong thing in my response. @jjack50 cleared it up for me!

Mdsuits

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 f350, 68 bronco 89 samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven’t had enough coffee today yet so bear with me here…the Advanced transfer case by itself does not have a lower low gear ratio than the standard one right? Both should have 4.46 in this configuration. The 4.7 doesn’t happen unless you add SAS. So in this context, the OP needs to decide if he wants to add the cost of SAS to his build, not just if he wants 4.7 gears
Yes the advance case does have slightly lower gearing…3.0-1 vs 2.72-1 the 4.46 and 4.7 your referring to are diff gears in the axles which also varies between different configurations.

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

See....That is why I asked, because there is a lot of experience out there that can guide me thru this as I have no experience on rock and usually only go slightly bigger on tires on my 4x4s. This will be the first vehicle that I am going significantly bigger in tires and plan to actually go off road with. My plan is to start with 315/70/17s, but will over time go bigger.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am not going to sweat it and try to change things then. Right now I have a projected build date and my luck, I would screw myself by asking to change something. I am going to hold tight and enjoy my Bronco as it is, well kind of.

I already have my 315/70/17 tires, just need to decide whether to try to squeeze them onto the steelies or get a different set of wheels. I know there are several people putting that size tire on the stock steel wheels with no rubbing after a 2 inch lift (4wp). Although I have been told that it is extremely close to the upper control arms. Anyone do this and then take it off road or having issues as the suspension starts to flex? Maybe I'll get lucky and over time, I will find some Badlands parts in a bone yard.....maybe a 4.46 locking front dif axle or get into some 4.7 axles.

I figure this is just the blank canvas to start off with.....And with that it is probably more capable than I will ever need right out of the box since I am not looking to abuse or smash it up. I just want to go out for some spirited driving and off road fun and adventures.

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have plenty of crawl ratio with the compound first in the transmission, 2.72 low range transfer case and 4.47 differential gears. You ll lose traction before you run out of power/crawl/torque.
My old Jeep, I m keeping it too, has less crawl ratio than that with a 4-1 low range. 4.5 first gear and 4.11 gears and I can walk faster than it goes !! Don’t sweat the transfer case ratio difference.
Sponsored