First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 HUMMER H3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just wondering if anybody has any info on which fuses to tap into on the interior fuse box to hardwire a Blackvue dashcam with 'Parking Mode' . I have a 2023 Wildtrak with High Package.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

waveform55

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any harm in wiring a Midland MXT500 (50W radio) into the passenger compartment fuse boxes? Good variety of spares that aren't used...what amperage fuse should the radio be tied to?

JackFlack

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any harm in wiring a Midland MXT500 (50W radio) into the passenger compartment fuse boxes? Good variety of spares that aren't used...what amperage fuse should the radio be tied to?
If you check your installation instructions, most (all?) radios want to be wired directly to the battery, especially those that transmit 50W. They can pull significant current and most circuits in a fuse box aren't wired for the required current. If you decide to wire to a spare slot in the fuse box, make sure the existing fuse box wire gauge can carry the current (e.g., is the same gauge as the power wiring on your radio). You can check the required fuse by checking what fuse is installed inline with your radio power wiring. They all come with an inline fuse. I use a KG1000G instead of a midland, so I don't have a radio to check. However, my radio uses a 40A fuse in *both* the positive and negative leg of the radio power wiring harness.

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Midland MXT500
Looking at the install guide in the owners guide. It states you can either go straight to battery, or tap a fuse. If taping a fuse make sure the wire gauge (amperage is enough). The power and ground wire are both 14 AWG. I also noticed there was no yellow wire for memory.

I would look at the size fuse installed installed in the in-line power wire and find an open spot that matches it.

I have not looked at the fuse block of the Bronco yet so I don't know if the extra fuse spots are labeled.

I have in the past looked at the owners manual at what fuse are empty along with what size fuse should go into it to attach CB's and other radios.

Hope this helps
Mike

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are several "spares". You'll have to just test which ones stay on all the time and which ones go on and off with the ignition.

https://fuse-box.info/ford/ford-bronco-2021-fuses/amp
Few other threads detail this but the short answer is 29 for constant power and 35 for power only when ignition-on. Both have fuse in them already but are spares. Tested them to be sure of the accuracy and work perfectly for my dash cam. I have a Badlands LUX so should be the same for you.
Sponsored