First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
another thing just came to mind as I look at the rear image again. When it rains or the bronco gets dirty, I don't know if that part of the rear window will be usable for video recording. Doesn't look like the wiper would clear that area. Is that something you could check?
You are absolutely right about the wiper not reaching to the location of the camera. Guess I'll need to clean that spot often or perhaps move it to a different spot. The Bronco rear wiper is really small so it looks like if I moved the dashcam to where the wiper would clear that area it would be directly in my line of sight. Too bad we can't convert backup cam to dashcam when in Drive vs Reverse.
Sponsored

Peitnahtan

Base
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Installed two separate dash cams, one in front and one in rear window. (I didn't want to use the Dual Dashcam and have to run a wire from the front camera to the rear camera) I used the Vantrue E1 and E1 Lite because they are pretty small but still have a good picture. To power the front camera and not to have to run a wire down the A-Pilars I used a rearview mirror adapter made by DongarTech. Links to everything are listed below. For the rear camera I connected the included 12-volt power adapter to the Bronco’s rear auxiliary power outlet. I was able to hide most of the power wire by tucking it in or zip tying it to the rear defrost cable. The rear window opens and closes just fine with the camera mounted. The front camera shuts off when the vehicle is shut off but the rear camera stays on about an hour after I turn the ignition off. Not a problem though really.

IMG_5645.JPG

IMG_5646.JPG

IMG_5648.JPG

IMG_5649.JPG

rear dash cam image.jpg

IMG_5650.JPG

IMG_5651.JPG

Vantrue Element 1 / Amazon

Vantrue Element 1 Lite / Amazon

Dongar Dashcam Power Adapter / Amazon
Very nice!!! I was already looking into this, I guess I can make that purchase. Thanks!!

duel007

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4-door Bronco Badlands Lux Non-Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very nice! I am looking at doing the same with a 2nd Garmin Dashcam Mini 2 in my rear window.

Y2KFirehawk

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When I install my dashcams, I attached a piece of Oracal 651 matte black vinyl to the inside of the windshield. It looks nicer on the outside than bare double-sided adhesive.

You can buy 12x12" sheets of it at most craft stores like Michaels for ~$3, it's located by all the Cricut supplies.

Ford Bronco Front & Rear dashcams installed with pics & links to products PXL_20220612_003243760

Ford Bronco Front & Rear dashcams installed with pics & links to products PXL_20220612_231513394

Last edited:

Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Additionally, I ended up mounting my rear camera on the body itself. Slightly lower field of view, but doesn't get in the way of removing the hardtop.
I don't know if it would work as clean on yours though. Mine mounts from behind rather than above.

Ford Bronco Front & Rear dashcams installed with pics & links to products Screenshot_20220910-170335

large_display_e12a14f4-7e5c-4494-be11-f0f3c7ded797.jpg

Last edited:

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a Rove R2 4k w/Dongar rear view mirror dongle. Nice clean install.

I chose this one for a balance of price/features.

Ford Bronco Front & Rear dashcams installed with pics & links to products PXL_20230313_170457189

This is the screen that kicks on after a minute.
Ford Bronco Front & Rear dashcams installed with pics & links to products PXL_20230313_172325786

If I were to purchase again, I might choose a bit of a wider lense but overall I've been quite happy with it.

Screenshot from a video.
Ford Bronco Front & Rear dashcams installed with pics & links to products tempsni

Last edited:

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This looks like a great idea! Question, E1 in front and E1 Light in the rear, yes?

Reasoning/why?

OP
OP
JodyT

JodyT

Outer Banks
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When I install my dashcams, I attached a piece of Oracal 651 matte black vinyl to the inside of the windshield. It looks nicer on the outside than bare double-sided adhesive.

You can buy 12x12" sheets of it at most craft stores like Michaels for ~$3, it's located by all the Cricut supplies.

Ford Bronco Front & Rear dashcams installed with pics & links to products tempsni

Very clean look. I didn't do that and can see the adhesive and a white wire showing. May have to get some of this. Thanks.

EBG

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71EB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For those of us with Broncos that come from the factory with several cameras - backup camera in the spare tire carrier, front camera in the grill, cameras in both side mirrors - how can we save/record the video from those cameras that are already there, wired, paid for, and working? Surely there's a way to connect to the video signal those cameras are already sending to the dash display, and simply record it like a dash cam does. I realize it would involve large memory cards or possibly even a hard drive, but everything else is already there, how can we use it?

Sponsored
OP
OP
JodyT

JodyT

Outer Banks
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve also thought that function should be available. It seems like a tech company somewhere could come up with a small box with a 256gb micro sd and connecting wires to tap in to the Broncos existing cameras. Way beyond my abilities r though!

Bad To The Stone

Badlands
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands;2015 Hellcat;2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Additionally, I ended up mounting my rear camera on the body itself. Slightly lower field of view, but doesn't get in the way of removing the hardtop.
I don't know if it would work as clean on yours though. Mine mounts from behind rather than above.

I made almost the exact same mount for my rear camera to ensure I could remove the top with no issue. Tucking the wire all the way to the front camera was not an issue. Fully hidden and out of the way. Nice job on your mount.
Ford Bronco Front & Rear dashcams installed with pics & links to products IMG_5774

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I made almost the exact same mount for my rear camera to ensure I could remove the top with no issue. Tucking the wire all the way to the front camera was not an issue. Fully hidden and out of the way. Nice job on your mount.
Take it you had issues adhering to the plastic, too? I really should've done something about all the cat hair before taking my picture.

Step

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Has anyone installed a rear dash cam on a soft top? Trying to decide between interior or exterior options.

Bad To The Stone

Badlands
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands;2015 Hellcat;2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Take it you had issues adhering to the plastic, too? I really should've done something about all the cat hair before taking my picture.
You got it. Lasted about 20 seconds on the plastic and I had to come up with plan B.
Sponsored