First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Installed two separate dash cams, one in front and one in rear window. (I didn't want to use the Dual Dashcam and have to run a wire from the front camera to the rear camera) I used the Vantrue E1 and E1 Lite because they are pretty small but still have a good picture. To power the front camera and not to have to run a wire down the A-Pilars I used a rearview mirror adapter made by DongarTech. Links to everything are listed below. For the rear camera I connected the included 12-volt power adapter to the Bronco’s rear auxiliary power outlet. I was able to hide most of the power wire by tucking it in or zip tying it to the rear defrost cable. The rear window opens and closes just fine with the camera mounted. The front camera shuts off when the vehicle is shut off but the rear camera stays on about an hour after I turn the ignition off. Not a problem though really.

Ford Bronco Front & Rear dashcams installed with pics & links to products IMG_5645.JPG

Ford Bronco Front & Rear dashcams installed with pics & links to products IMG_5646.JPG

Ford Bronco Front & Rear dashcams installed with pics & links to products IMG_5648.JPG

Ford Bronco Front & Rear dashcams installed with pics & links to products IMG_5649.JPG

Ford Bronco Front & Rear dashcams installed with pics & links to products rear dash cam image

Ford Bronco Front & Rear dashcams installed with pics & links to products IMG_5650.JPG

Ford Bronco Front & Rear dashcams installed with pics & links to products IMG_5651.JPG

Vantrue Element 1 / Amazon

Vantrue Element 1 Lite / Amazon

Dongar Dashcam Power Adapter / Corrected Link
Sponsored

Last edited:

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for posting!

front / rear camera is most definitely on my list of things to do!
I could see the OEM's really picking up on this a factory option going forward. At the very least they could provide dedicated power points in the right locations.

Ford does sell a front rear setup through the accessories store, but it is a generic setup. Let's get all the wiring tucked away from the factory!

Last edited:

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nice work with the install! I have a vantrue E1 lite also, so far not hardwired to my front windshield but it's definitely on my list of long term things to do.

It's a great camera & I love the magnetic quick release option if I'm parked somewhere sketchy.

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I assume one could could simply run constant power to utilize the parking mode? Thanks for the links!

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

front / rear camera is most definitely on my list of things to do!
I could see the OEM's really picking up on this a factory option going forward. At the very least they could provide dedicated power points in the right locations.

Ford does sell a front rear setup through the accessories store, but it is a generic setup. Let's get all the wiring tucked away from the factory!
Looks good. I did the Ford Thinkware front and back and comes with a harness that plugs under dash for constant power. Also has 30ft wire to run to the back. Just tuck wires behind plastic and everything is hidden. Guy on YouTube in FL has a 2 part video that is great. I think you can just get the power harness from Ford if you want to use a different cam setup.

Sponsored

LOSTXGOLD

Base
First Name
TEO
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lostgoldx.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAV4, past: 2013 BMW 328i, 370Z, XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
I installed my front camera, but since I have a soft top, I haven’t installed the rear camera…

OP
OP
JodyT

JodyT

Outer Banks
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I assume one could could simply run constant power to utilize the parking mode? Thanks for the links!
That should work fine. I’m just paranoid about draining my battery.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

That hybrid power adaptor is real sweet. Has anyone else seen it sold separately? I have dual LED strips in the back running off a USB power adapter with a 12V trigger cable (because I am too lazy to pull the plastic and tap directly into the power outlet line).

WildtrakBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

very nice! I like the rear setup and am going to look into this. I'm running a Garmin MIni 2 with the Dongar adapter up front. Such an easy setup!

Sponsored

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Cool. I’m looking at the Ford oem kit that interfaces into the OBD port. Use up my Ford points on it.

OP
OP
JodyT

JodyT

Outer Banks
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
very nice! I like the rear setup and am going to look into this. I'm running a Garmin MIni 2 with the Dongar adapter up front. Such an easy setup!
Yep, I love the Dongar adapter. Im Interested to see how the dash cam holds when I start using the rear defrost.

WildtrakBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yep, I love the Dongar adapter. Im Interested to see how the dash cam holds when I start using the rear defrost.
another thing just came to mind as I look at the rear image again. When it rains or the bronco gets dirty, I don't know if that part of the rear window will be usable for video recording. Doesn't look like the wiper would clear that area. Is that something you could check?

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That package was a great buy! Hooking up to the mirror power was such a no-brainer to me and I prefer the smaller profile of the mini as opposed to other options that include a screen. I just check the view on the app occasionally to make sure the view is where I want it.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
The bronco shuts down power to the 12v ports after a period of time with engine off.
that looks good. I'm still not sure if I want to have something like that in my rig as it can be used to tattle on me as much as tattle on others.
Sponsored