HP11

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302 (sold) , 2023 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Very nice! I have the Garmin 55 and Mini in both my rides. The only difference I would have done is mount the camera higher so it's out of view when driving (more left and up towards the driver side). I just hate having anything obstructing my view, so personal preference. I've had my Garmin 55 for about 6 years and the mini for about 4 and they have been flawless!
Do you have both 55 and mini in the same vehicle? If so, when powered up are they able to sync with one another when exporting and viewing in multi view (front and rear for example) mode? I'm thinking about adding a 57 to my first gen mini for both front and rear coverage.
Sponsored

limited02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Do you have both 55 and mini in the same vehicle? If so, when powered up are they able to sync with one another when exporting and viewing in multi view (front and rear for example) mode? I'm thinking about adding a 57 to my first gen mini for both front and rear coverage.
They each are in different rides. The 55 wasn’t designed to pair with another camera, but the 56 version and up do (46, 56, 66 and Mini). So, I can’t speak how well that works, but eventually plan to do the same as you and go front and rear.

duel007

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4-door Bronco Badlands Lux Non-Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a Mini 2 in both the front and rear of my Bronco, and they do sync up - I can choose to export video of the front with the back camera included with picture-in-picture if I want.

The app is slow as hell to export, but does work. Just have to disable wireless CarPlay to get it to connect.

jsoa

Heritage
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I also installed Donger with a Garmin Mini 2, but I wanted it mostly hidden, this was my results...

Ford Bronco Installed Garmin DashCam w/ Dongar Power Adapter PXL_20240325_120643450

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just installed my first dashcam (N4 Pro) using the Donger cable. The issue I have is ASS forces the camera to lose power when stopped at a light. Does that happen with the Garmin? I assume so.

The N4 Pro has great video. But the size/weight are massive. I don’t think it’s gonna stay attached to the windshield when off-roading. But I’ll find that out soon enough. I used the electrostatic film and let the mount cure for 12hrs before attaching the camera. We shall see
I can’t speak to the Garmin but I recently installed the Thinkware dash cam that Ford sells (not my preference but I had points burning a hole in my Fordpass account). The thinkware camera comes with an ASS module that connects near the OBD port and tells the camera that power is still needed even if ASS shuts the engine off. I’d think most companies would have a similar feature but it seems like yours did not. Hope you get it figured out!

Sponsored

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can’t speak to the Garmin but I recently installed the Thinkware dash cam that Ford sells (not my preference but I had points burning a hole in my Fordpass account). The thinkware camera comes with an ASS module that connects near the OBD port and tells the camera that power is still needed even if ASS shuts the engine off. I’d think most companies would have a similar feature but it seems like yours did not. Hope you get it figured out!
Ah that’s interesting. Do you need to run the wires from the camera to the ODB port? I assume that’s the case. The N4 Pro also has an optional hardwire kit I just found. But I’m feeling too lazy to run hidden wires!

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ah that’s interesting. Do you need to run the wires from the camera to the ODB port? I assume that’s the case. The N4 Pro also has an optional hardwire kit I just found. But I’m feeling too lazy to run hidden wires!
Yes, the Thinkware camera came with an OBD adapter that essentially connects to the existing port with a male end. It has its own female end to place where the old connector was so you don’t lose the ability to connect a code scanner to it. I ran the wires behind the driver side grab handle and up the A pillar to the notch behind the rear view mirror. Looks real nice Clark!

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went with the Garmin Mini 2 and mounted it just to the left of the mirror using Electrostatic Film. The only thing I see is the activation light.
Please educate me on the electrostatic film. Why, rather than directly on the windshield?

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Please educate me on the electrostatic film. Why, rather than directly on the windshield?
In case I need to transfer it to a new windshield. Easier to remove than prying the mount from the windshield. Additionally, you can move it around before you install your cam. With the cam mount you better get it right the first time.

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In case I need to transfer it to a new windshield. Easier to remove than prying the mount from the windshield. Additionally, you can move it around before you install your cam. With the cam mount you better get it right the first time.
Ok, thanks for the explanation. So, you can move the film from one vehicle to another and it will stick? Thx!

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Ok, thanks for the explanation. So, you can move the film from one vehicle to another and it will stick? Thx!
Yeah, to a point. I know people that do on rental cars. One of the people I work with has been able to do it a couple of times before he hast to change the sheet.
Sponsored