First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone installed a rear dash cam on a soft top? Trying to decide between interior or exterior options.
I installed the Thinkware frt/rear camera from the Ford accessories website to the plastic housing around the rear view mirror. Instead of running the rear camera all the way to the back I simply dbl sided taped it to the rear of the front camera. It has a good field of view out all the side and rear windows. That could be an option that would work well
Ford Bronco Front & Rear dashcams installed with pics & links to products 20231003_181411
for a soft top.
Sponsored

BeerRunner

Badlands
First Name
LUKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Oh wow, I just came across this seemingly cool dashcam. It basically replaces the existing black cover behind the rear-view mirror for a truly hidden camera.

https://www.stickerfab.com/products...021-bronco-mid-package?variant=46899966017855

It looks super easy to install, and has a rear-camera too, all for $248.

Ford Bronco Front & Rear dashcams installed with pics & links to products 1696535206322

It doesn't seem to have "parking mode" out of the box, but the site says to contact them.

I wish I would have seen this before I installed the camera that I have. Oh well.

Would be interested to hear if anyone installs this.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

TRDFurgesson

Wildtrak
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 2dr WT Lux, '22 Mach 1 HP, '92 Toyota 4x4 P/U
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I thought I had a great idea for my Vantrue N4 Pro 3 ch 4k dash cam install. Normal install of the front camera using the Dongar but the rear cam is on the left rear of the roll bar. I have a hard top but still wanted a cam when the top is off. It works perfectly.

Sponsored

TRDFurgesson

Wildtrak
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 2dr WT Lux, '22 Mach 1 HP, '92 Toyota 4x4 P/U
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Additionally, I ended up mounting my rear camera on the body itself. Slightly lower field of view, but doesn't get in the way of removing the hardtop.
I don't know if it would work as clean on yours though. Mine mounts from behind rather than above.

Ford Bronco Front & Rear dashcams installed with pics & links to products 1696535206322

I did the same just off set to the drivers side a bit and directly to the plastic without issues. I have the RTR tire carrier that moves the tire up a bit.

Step

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Any help appreciated. My redtiger dash am wonā€™t turn on using outlet inside center console or hardwire kit. It WILL turn on in the outlet in the rear cargo area and also in my wifeā€™s car. I really need it hard wired to access parking monitoring. I might have inserted the hardwire kit wrong but I think itā€™s all good. Not sure why it wonā€™t get power using the center console outlet either.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Has anyone installed a rear dash cam on a soft top? Trying to decide between interior or exterior options.
I installed the Ford rear camera to the plastic on the back of the roll bar and with the adhesive tape and making sure the spot is clean with rubbing alcohol it sticks really good no movement. Camera is light. Not sure why brackets are being used. Mine would be tough to pull off the plastic. Followed Fred's video on Youtube!

Step

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

OK I just got the hardware kit to work. I only had one fuse in the fuse tap instead of both. Next is running the wires but itā€™s already dark so that will have to come on a different day.

Bacon is Life

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX+Sas, 992 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP, you posted wrong product link - looks like Iā€™ll be returning. It should be a 16pin type A

Made the same mistake. I guess I should have read the entire thread before ordering.... and paid closer attention to the adapter and its vehicle compatibility. My bad. @JodyT , you may want to update your thread with the correct link.

OP
OP
JodyT

JodyT

Outer Banks
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Made the same mistake. I guess I should have read the entire thread before ordering.... and paid closer attention to the adapter and its vehicle compatibility. My bad. @JodyT , you may want to update your thread with the correct link.
Thanks for letting me know. I just corrected the link.
Sponsored