TexSooner17

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 1500 Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the 2.3 with no special differentials etc.... Drives great on the Beach! Consider the cloth in hot climate, I have the Navy Pier Cloth. I love it, it is denim like...(my 1st clot seats in over 20 yrs). The "leather" you paid for is "leather trimmed vinyl"
bronco beach.jpg
Lo
Just curious, now you got me wondering. If you don't plan to take the doors off, Your offroading is not very extreme, what about the OBX is drawing you into the Bronco/
A few things, first I had a '94 two door Blazer 350 (2door Tahoe body but was a Blazer) and the Bronco is the closest thing I've felt to driving that in a long time. I'm always out at the lake and so just kind of goes with the vibe and it also will fit in my small garage (only 200 inches deep) while my truck has to go on the street. I've never owned a car and didn't want one, so when I drilled down on SUVs that would fit, I was basically between this, an A5, or Grand Cherokee. This one felt the most like me when I tested it.
Sponsored

EndlessAdvnture

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Autobahn GTI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the 2.3 with no special differentials etc.... Drives great on the Beach! Consider the cloth in hot climate, I have the Navy Pier Cloth. I love it, it is denim like...(my 1st clot seats in over 20 yrs). The "leather" you paid for is "leather trimmed vinyl"
bronco beach.jpg
Can you post some pics of your interior? Would love to see the Roast Cloth seats other than a rendering. I got cloth as well. I am bummed and pumped, When I called to add the AUX switches, I couldn't because I got a VIN and a build week. I am bummed though because I am going to add things. Oh well. 01/24 build week, fingers crossed.

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can you post some pics of your interior? Would love to see the Roast Cloth seats other than a rendering. I got cloth as well. I am bummed and pumped, When I called to add the AUX switches, I couldn't because I got a VIN and a build week. I am bummed though because I am going to add things. Oh well. 01/24 build week, fingers crossed.
I have the Navy Cloth and I love it... Denim like... I don't like the look of the "leather" trimmed vinyl.
You got Not the end or the world news.....and Great news!

azuano3654

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

New to the forum as I just placed an order for a non-sas OBX. Since it is Thanksgiving week and orders get submitted on Thursdays, I have a bit of time to make any tweaks. Currently, here is how have it optioned:

-Modular Bumper
-Tonneau Cover
-Onyx Leather Interior EDIT: NAVY PIER/ROAST LEATHER
-Aux Switches
-Floor liners
-Safe Deposit (I'm in Texas so I'll be topless a lot)
-High Package
-Tow Hitch
-2.7L engine

I've spent hours pouring through the forum on different upgrades, but the thing I cannot quite pin down is rear locking differential and the final drive ratio.

As I mentioned above, I did not go with the sasquatch package because I just don't really think I can pull off 35s and will mostly be using this on pavement. So, I didn't want spend the extra $$ and immediately switch out the tires. My plan is to lift the OBX an inch (maybe even just a 1 inch leveling kit) and put the Grabber A/TX 275/70R18 with the SL Load Rating tires on.

Generally, my most extreme "off-roading" is dirt roads out in the country or a bad parking lot outside of a college football game (nothing extreme). Is it worth upgrading to the rear locking differential and the 4.27 drive ratio given that I'll be running 33s and an inch lift? I won't lift it any higher or ever go to 35s.

Also - if you have any other recommendations on the size of lift (if any) to throw the Grabber 33s on it or any other advice, I'd appreciate it.
Definitely go with the rear locker and higher gear ratio. My OBX is not SAS but I'm upgrading to 33" wheels which the higher gear ratio will support. The 4A transfer is also recommended.

I have the Lux package and I love the adaptive cruise control and all the other bells/whistles that it comes with - there's not really a way to add the LUX features later but you can do all the exterior stuff later on as you want to.

OP
OP
TexSooner17

TexSooner17

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 1500 Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Definitely go with the rear locker and higher gear ratio. My OBX is not SAS but I'm upgrading to 33" wheels which the higher gear ratio will support. The 4A transfer is also recommended.

I have the Lux package and I love the adaptive cruise control and all the other bells/whistles that it comes with - there's not really a way to add the LUX features later but you can do all the exterior stuff later on as you want to.
Thanks! Per a former rec on this forum, I did the 4A upgrade which automatically upgrades the rear locker and the gear ratio. Thankfully I got it in before the Thursday order submittal so no delays from changing. Just going to be playing the waiting game for a few months.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks! Per a former rec on this forum, I did the 4A upgrade which automatically upgrades the rear locker and the gear ratio. Thankfully I got it in before the Thursday order submittal so no delays from changing. Just going to be playing the waiting game for a few months.
“Months?” From your mouth to God’s ears. Good luck 👍.
Sponsored