Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks I will head back tomorrow and try it if they did not sell it…LOL

These Bronco's even with the 2.7 are painfully slow. That said unless someone is actively trying to not let you pass, ie racing you, you should have no problems passing normal traffic.

Go back and try it again.
  1. Turn key to 'on' position.
  2. Wait for chimes to stop.
  3. Depress brake pedal 5 times.
  4. Turn four-way flashers on 5 times.
  5. Horn will honk when out of transport mode.
Sponsored

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No complaints cruising around in normal mode. Acceleration is everything you’d expect a vehicle to have. Never lacking.

Goes from “no complaints” to “damned impressive” whenever I put it in sport mode
I second this opinion… normal mode is find… sport mode is more fun

OP
OP

Mujenpwr

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went back today and it was sold and gone. They did tell me that transport mode is how it’s set so it doesn’t draw a lot of current off the 12V and limits the drivability so it cannot be driven hard until it’s gone thru post delivery inspection.

Last edited:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Fyi, there's a thread a while back, that talked about Broncos being in some sort of "limp" state for the fist couple hundred miles.

I too, drove a 2.3 demo with like 50 miles on it and it was completely gutless.

As a WT owner with 7,000 miles on it, I promise it is far from gutless. Even with 500 lbs of armor, it still gets up and goes... Even better with 91 octane gas.

I think some people come from rather peppy sports cars or sedans, hop in a 4x4 with 35-in wheels and call it slow.

Will you be winning races with it, prob not. But for a 6k lbs vehicle with 35s...it is plenty fast... I go from it to my jeep and keep thinking something is wrong with my jeep engine :)

CatMonkey

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2012 Shelby GT500, 2021 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's not bad in stock trim, but a tune really unleashes the torque these twin turbo engines are capable of producing. I think the turbos are too small to make any big difference in top end power. I test drove mine for a day, and if transport mode was still active, I never noticed any difference when I took delivery. I didn't order my Bronco, but the individual that did quit waiting and found a modified version elsewhere, unknown to the dealer until it arrived. The deal was all but consummated for the test drive. I just needed reassurance it wasn't going to be an event where I would lose half my assets. :eek:

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mujenpwr

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for info da_joker and catmonkey. I’m moving away from a 2017 MDX To a Wildtrak. There is no doubt that it was in some sort of limp mode. It felt like it could not get out of its on way when rolling from 15mins after a light turned green and I tried to pass 2 cars. I was not expecting it to be high performance but after a maybe 5 seconds I had to back off and duck behind those 2 cars.

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I started off with Sport mode which makes a huge difference, then got an K&N Cold Air Intake which Definitely seemed like it helped, then the ProCal and I am VERY happy. Normal mode is never used on my WIldtrak!

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I deal with brand new Fords, part of the dealership PDI process is to take the vehicles out of transport mode. It does a number of things to save battery but it also reduces power A LOT and limits speed. Most people don't know about it because you're never supposed to experience it.

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

“Transport Mode” sounds like some dealer sales BS to me. Pin them down on it.
Transport Mode Deactivation
Deactivation

NOTE:
After vehicle build, some vehicle modules are set in Transport mode including the IPC and the BCM . Transport mode reduces battery drain during longer periods where the vehicle is not used. While in transport mode, the IPC displays TRANSPORT MODE CONTACT DEALER in the message center. Various systems may be altered or are disabled when in the transport mode. The vehicle automatically reverts to normal operation mode after being driven 201 km (125 mi). The vehicle can be manually taken out of Transport mode using this procedure.

If the IPC displays FACTORY MODE CONTACT DEALER in the message center the vehicle is set in factory mode. The system does not automatically revert to another mode and must be manually set to either the transport or normal operation mode.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gonna be hard pressed beating a bicycle off the line in a bronco. They don’t wake up until 25-30 mph. It’s not a dead stop vehicle. It’s a on the roll vehicle.

Big gears, small snails, torque management in 1st and second, things are embarrassing off the line.

Mine rolls like a freight train. But I’m also twice the horse at the wheels then people with the plug in tuners. After you figure out how to manipulate the power band you can make it a lot more fun.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
These Bronco's even with the 2.7 are painfully slow. That said unless someone is actively trying to not let you pass, ie racing you, you should have no problems passing normal traffic.

Go back and try it again.
  1. Turn key to 'on' position.
  2. Wait for chimes to stop.
  3. Depress brake pedal 5 times.
  4. Turn four-way flashers on 5 times.
  5. Horn will honk when out of transport mode.
How do you define painfully slow?

An uncorrected 15.02 second 1/4 mile and 0-60 in 6.5 seconds is hardly painfully slow. It's not "fast", but it still catches people off guard.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

An uncorrected 15.02 second 1/4 mile and 0-60 in 6.5 seconds is hardly painfully slow. It's not "fast", but it still catches people off guard.
It’s slow from a dead stop to boost. Zero to 60 is high, quarter is respectable. Take a second and a half off the zero to 60 and now we’re talking.

And that first second and a half is painfully slow to my overly fast mind.

ScLeCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everything is relative.
What's fast to me might be slow to a Formula 1 driver, what's slow to me is may be fast for someone else.
15.02 1/4 mile feels glacial to me.
Then again this is the first time I've owned a car with less than 1000hp in about a decade.
Ford Bronco Test Drive question for Wildtrak owners IMG-0407.JPG

Ford Bronco Test Drive question for Wildtrak owners IMG-79131

The Ram 1500 I sold to buy the Bronco had a 392 based 426 stroker with a 2.9 Whipple on e85.
So yeah the Bronco feels f'ing SLOW.

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Everything is relative.
What's fast to me might be slow to a Formula 1 driver, what's slow to me is may be fast for someone else.
15.02 1/4 mile feels glacial to me.
Then again this is the first time I've owned a car with less than 1000hp in about a decade.

The Ram 1500 I sold to buy the Bronco had a 392 based 426 stroker with a 2.9 Whipple on e85.
So yeah the Bronco feels f'ing SLOW.
For what a Bronco is, it's not painfully slow. Sure, you can get faster off-road vehicles, but not at the price point of a lower trim Bronco.

You could modify the Bronco to make a lot more power than it currently makes, that's not exactly difficult either. I am pretty sure that stock, that Ram 1500 felt slow too.

ScLeCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For what a Bronco is, it's not painfully slow. Sure, you can get faster off-road vehicles, but not at the price point of a lower trim Bronco.

You could modify the Bronco to make a lot more power than it currently makes, that's not exactly difficult either. I am pretty sure that stock, that Ram 1500 felt slow too.
Yeah, I'm not saying it can't be faster, my only point is that stock compared to what I'm used to it's feels slow to me.
I don't want to make it faster, there is a reason I sold my truck. Slow in this particular vehicle is good.
Side note, the guy who bought my truck totaled it within a week of buying it.
Triple digit speeds in a 6000+ pound vehicle is apparently a bad idea.
Sponsored