Sponsored

Question...ive had my Wildtrak for only 2 months. I am finding it doesnt handle well in heavier rain.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've done a lot of tire research on this issue since I will be driving in a lot of on road snow and ice conditions during the winter. Wet traction isn't as big of an issue but still a concern. My choice is the Falken Wildpeak's as well. They are highly rated on Tirerack.com. Should be a little quieter at highway speeds than the Territory's and better all around traction as well as have the three peak snowflake rating. No chains required if chains are mandated...except California, still have to put on chains.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Falken&tireModel=WildPeak+A/T3W&partnum=17SR7WPAT3W&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes
I haven’t had any other aftermarket tire so can’t compare very well, but I’m on my 4th set of wildpeaks and they’ve never let me down in performance for the driving I do. I also don’t know what people mean when they talk about aftermarket tire noise because they are quiet, as I thought tires should be but I guess not.
Sponsored

BkCntryCrwlr

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I haven’t had any other aftermarket tire so can’t compare very well, but I’m on my 4th set of wildpeaks and they’ve never let me down in performance for the driving I do. I also don’t know what people mean when they talk about aftermarket tire noise because they are quiet, as I thought tires should be but I guess not.
What kind of mileage/life do you get out of these WildPeak's? I've heard they have a long life.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What kind of mileage/life do you get out of these WildPeak's? I've heard they have a long life.
I wouldn’t know, I’m not on my 4th set because I drive a lot (probably less than 10k mi/yr). I’m on my 4th set because that’s how often I change/get trucks:ROFLMAO:

I did just measure my tread depth the other day to make sure they’re wearing evenly though. 37x12.50r17 on about 16-17/32” all around with 4000mi. I believe they come with 19/32”. It’ll probably need to be replaced at 25-30k if it keeps the same pace.

i only bought them in the beginning because I liked how the sidewall looks

BkCntryCrwlr

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dang, RainbowStix! You change trucks more than I change my underwear! :eek::ROFLMAO:

CCMDoc

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BB Sas, ‘14 Raptor, ‘71 Hemi ‘Cuda convertble
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I went from a 2014 Raptor to a BB Sasquatch.

On the Raptor I’ve had Goodyear MTR, Toyo M/T, Duratracs and KO2s among others.

As others have said, MT (whether Mud Terrain or Maximum Traction) encouraged me to use a more gentle foot and have more serious consideration about speed entering turns than AT or all seasons when weather turned wet.

Snow was OK with any of them but on sleet/icy roads, there was no comparison with real winter rubber compound. I always switched to dedicated winter tires as weather got colder.

I have KO2s on my Bronco and already have Nokian Hakka LT3 for winter - which I also used on my Raptor.

Sponsored

CJtoJLU

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon Extreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Generally speaking mud-terrain tires are not designed for traction in heavy rain or snow on pavement. In addition, the Goodyear Wrangler Territory M/T tires—which is tire that comes with Sasquatch-packaged Broncos—are not 3PMSF-rated. It'll handle decently in deep snow, but on the pavement with heavy rain or snow, it won't be that great. It shouldn't be horrific by any means... very drivable. But if you are expecting fantastic performance in the snow you probably won't get it.

The Badlands and Black Diamond (non-Sasquatch) come with 3PMSF-rated all-terrain tires which should handle much better in the snow than the typical mud-terrain tires. In the case of the Black Diamond it is the General Grabber A/Tx, and for the Badlands it is the BFGoodrich KO2.

This is likely why @zombie has had a good experience in the snow so far, because he has KO2s. And one of the main factors why I personally skipped the Sasquatch package is because of the tires, as I plan to take my Bronco on ski trips throughout the winter.
Did you consider just swapping the tires out on purchase. There’s gotta be Bronco owners who have non-squatch Models that would buy them.

Traveling.Gaijin

Badlands
First Name
Emerson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jeep XJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The sasquach tires aren't an actual M/T, mud terrain tire. They are deceving in that at are marketed as a MT tire which they quietly tout as a "multi-terrain" tire.

It's a glorified all terrain, a crappy one at that

You are most likely hydroplaning, because there at a 12.5" wide tire.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The sasquach tires aren't an actual M/T, mud terrain tire. They are deceving in that at are marketed as a MT tire which they quietly tout as a "multi-terrain" tire.

It's a glorified all terrain, a crappy one at that

You are most likely hydroplaning, because there at a 12.5" wide tire.
Yeah this is a good point. If you ask Goodyear what “MT” stands for, it doesn’t mean Mud Terrain
 it stands for “Maximum Traction”. :sneaky:

They are essentially mud-terrains with a bunch of ideas stolen from all-terrain tires so they aren’t unbearable to drive on the road. Or
 I guess you could say they are all-terrains with some mud-terrain characteristics. But if you consider them all-terrains, it’s one of the worst all-terrain tires on the market in my opinion.

My guess is the vehicle manufacturers said “we want a low cost tire that is similar to a mud-terrain, but isn’t annoyingly loud to drive on the road, and doesn’t get horrific fuel economy”
 and this is what Goodyear came up with.

51Creature

Wildtrak
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Could I have some free advice? I may not have my Bronco until winter at this rate. I always drive snows and have a reduction on my insurance for that. I am a Michelin girl for many years and have Ice X's for my Edge and all the vehicles I have owned for some time. I live in Canada and Have this thing for driving in deep snow but also sometimes get caught having to drive on a 4 lane with snow ice etc. What do YOU recommend? My Bronco is a Outer Banks and is coming with the standard tires for such. Thanks.......... Nancy
I have four sets of the falken wildpeak at3’s and I love them. I run them on all our 4 wheel drive vehicles year round expect to wear off these shitty wranglers that came on bronco. Our winters seem to be snow then rain back and forth here in eastern Canada so I’ve not run a winter only tire for a few years now. These work great in snow or slush mix and we live on private road that we need to plow ourselves so no issues getting in or out in foot or more of snow if we need to.

Apple Blossom

Outer Banks
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have four sets of the falken wildpeak at3’s and I love them. I run them on all our 4 wheel drive vehicles year round expect to wear off these shitty wranglers that came on bronco. Our winters seem to be snow then rain back and forth here in eastern Canada so I’ve not run a winter only tire for a few years now. These work great in snow or slush mix and we live on private road that we need to plow ourselves so no issues getting in or out in foot or more of snow if we need to.
Thanks......... my roads tend to be either snow of dry.. Any other suggestions?

Sponsored

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What exactly are you comparing it to that DOES handle well in heavier rain??

Your question is very relative question

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wider tires are generally horrible on packed snow and wet surfaces. That's the main reason I went with 285/75R17 instead of 315/70R17.

They also pull the wheel harder when one side of the vehicle contacts standing water or built up snow.

315s also won't fit in the rails at the $20/month carwash by my house...

Traveling.Gaijin

Badlands
First Name
Emerson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jeep XJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah this is a good point. If you ask Goodyear what “MT” stands for, it doesn’t mean Mud Terrain
 it stands for “Maximum Traction”. :sneaky:

They are essentially mud-terrains with a bunch of ideas stolen from all-terrain tires so they aren’t unbearable to drive on the road. Or
 I guess you could say they are all-terrains with some mud-terrain characteristics. But if you consider them all-terrains, it’s one of the worst all-terrain tires on the market in my opinion.

My guess is the vehicle manufacturers said “we want a low cost tire that is similar to a mud-terrain, but isn’t annoyingly loud to drive on the road, and doesn’t get horrific fuel economy”
 and this is what Goodyear came up with.
I think ford just wanted the ability to say you can option the bronco with a MT tire. This was the cheapest option
Sponsored