Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is my worry. I hate giving up power but the ACC is amazing for road trips and I know my bronco will be a road trip mobile. I wish I could buy the ACC separately
My answer is just try to get both. I know you said you're already stretching your budget but you do NOT want to have regrets with a vehicle you're special ordering. You have 6 months until your vehicle arrives at minimum. You can make it work. A tax return can make the difference. The benefits will be worth it.

That's just my personal feel
I do have a question for you though. I've never experienced ACC. My obx will have lux and I'll try it out on my ride home from the dealership, but my concern about ACC and cruise control in general is that when I'm on a long ride it'll make me drowsy to not control my vehicle. Does that make sense?

Like when I'm on a long road trip, I usually blast my favorite tunes and actively need to accelerate/brake to stay alert and engaged. Especially on a 5 hour journey like say from philly to Pittsburgh at the dead of night. Do you ever experience drowsiness with ACC?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I’m stuck between choosing the 2.7l engine or the LUX package. I currently have a 4 dr OBX Sasquatch with cloth seats.

I really want the adaptive cruise control because I take a lot of road trips but I also want the more engine power.
I did test a 2.3l 4 dr Big bend non-sas and it did get moving. Any advice or opinions are appreciated. And unfortunately I cannot get both. Pushing my budget a bit here already ;)
If it helps
According to this guy, the ACC is subpar

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/lane-keeping-assist.24600/post-865479

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2.7 hands down 100%

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I didn't touch a V6 yet but the 2.3L with that dumb tranny was painful to drive, I am OBX, 2.7.

OP
OP
Gavin39

Gavin39

Outer Banks
First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My answer is just try to get both. I know you said you're already stretching your budget but you do NOT want to have regrets with a vehicle you're special ordering. You have 6 months until your vehicle arrives at minimum. You can make it work. A tax return can make the difference. The benefits will be worth it.

That's just my personal feel
I do have a question for you though. I've never experienced ACC. My obx will have lux and I'll try it out on my ride home from the dealership, but my concern about ACC and cruise control in general is that when I'm on a long ride it'll make me drowsy to not control my vehicle. Does that make sense?

Like when I'm on a long road trip, I usually blast my favorite tunes and actively need to accelerate/brake to stay alert and engaged. Especially on a 5 hour journey like say from philly to Pittsburgh at the dead of night. Do you ever experience drowsiness with ACC?
I used ACC from Alabama to Wyoming, it was a godsend. I completely understand your feeling, but I just feel safer and feel like it’s easier to drive without the constant worry of adjusting cruise control or worrying about coming up behind someone too quickly. I kinda use it as a fallback, I’ll drive and speed up and merge but when I’m just cruising, it makes the drive less worrisome. I also tend to just zone out on the interstate lol.
Regarding the finance situation. I make 75% of my income from investments/stocks. I don’t have a ton of money but a decent living wage. That basically eliminates my tax return because I have to pay capital gains tax. Also, since I am ordering my bronco Wednesday I want to be sure that I can afford what I’m getting so I’m not stuck with a vehicle that cost too much for my budget. If that makes sense, I want the best of both worlds but I know I have to settle somehow.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gavin39

Gavin39

Outer Banks
First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I didn't touch a V6 yet but the 2.3L with that dumb tranny was painful to drive, I am OBX, 2.7.
I didn’t really feel with issues with the 2.3l when I drove

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I used ACC from Alabama to Wyoming, it was a godsend. I completely understand your feeling, but I just feel safer and feel like it’s easier to drive without the constant worry of adjusting cruise control or worrying about coming up behind someone too quickly. I kinda use it as a fallback, I’ll drive and speed up and merge but when I’m just cruising, it makes the drive less worrisome. I also tend to just zone out on the interstate lol.
Regarding the finance situation. I make 75% of my income from investments/stocks. I don’t have a ton of money but a decent living wage. That basically eliminates my tax return because I have to pay capital gains tax. Also, since I am ordering my bronco Wednesday I want to be sure that I can afford what I’m getting so I’m not stuck with a vehicle that cost too much for my budget. If that makes sense, I want the best of both worlds but I know I have to settle somehow.
I understand. Good to be honest with yourself!

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Get both. The engine is a 2k upgrade. Save an extra 200 a month and in ten months you are there. The better engine you will have forever. Make some other sacrifices. If you are going to spend 50k on a vehicle spend 52k. These aren’t choices both of these IMO are must have or get a lower trim level.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay, I see all the settling for a 2.3 going on, but I have the 2.7 and not the lux, and what I say is from experience - get the 2.7.

Sponsored

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Look, I have both and if anything Lux is overvalued and the engine is undervalued.

Everyone is going to tell you the engine they have is fine or better, or whatever. Especially the 2.3L folks. They're convinced the 2.3L is fine because, well, that's what they have and we all get used to what we have.

You're really going to want the 2.7L especially for a 4-door. Both of these engines are pretty small and rely on boost. For a truck this size, the 2.3L is going to leave you dissatisfied over time, or, if you're lucky, you won't know what you're missing. I view the 2.7L as the minimum acceptable engine for the 4-door Bronco if you are even a little bit serious about using the truck for what it was designed to do. Just driving on the street, the 2.3L is fine. To unlock the Bronco within, though, you'll need the 2.7L for sure. The Lux is just a bunch of doo-dads, honestly. I'm a little disappointed with that package to be honest.

OP
OP
Gavin39

Gavin39

Outer Banks
First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I might just have to YOLO a little and get both.

ColbyLang

Outer Banks
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sierra Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Get both. It’s not a $10,000 upgrade. Over the course of financing a vehicle, it’s like $20 a month. Why settle, buy once and cry once