Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Searching around has yielded only information about placing calls or using other SYNC features. What I'm looking for is how SYNC 4 works with receiving calls when multiple devices are paired and present in the vehicle.

Here's my situation: My personal phone is Android, which I use 95% of the time. I'll be using it with Android Auto in the SYNC system. Work has also cursed me with an iPhone, which I always have with me. I only use this to receive calls and check work email.

Assuming I have paired both phones already and have my Android set as the primary in the system, what will happen if I have both phones with me and I receive a work call on the iPhone? I know I won't be able to use any iPhone apps if the Android is primary, but will I be able to accept an incoming work call with the handsfree system?
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sneakers
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just get a dual SIM phone.......save all the hassles with having 2 phones.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It only pairs to one phone at a time... it won't switch automatic between phones if the non connected one gets a call.

I carry a iPhone (Verizon, personal), iPhone (Verizon, work), and I leave an Android (att Firstnet, work)in the truck at all times. Oh and the sat phone

OP
OP
Natai

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just get a dual SIM phone.......save all the hassles with having 2 phones.
Not an option. I won't touch an iPhone for personal use, and I don't have a choice but to use an iPhone for work. Government phone, with lots of extra garbage to secure email and the like.

It only pairs to one phone at a time... it won't switch automatic between phones if the non connected one gets a call.

I carry a iPhone (Verizon, personal), iPhone (Verizon, work), and I leave an Android (att Firstnet, work)in the truck at all times. Oh and the sat phone
Unfortunate, but not unexpected.
With all the bizarre/excessive options car and software companies are coming up with, you'd think it would have occurred to them that a LOT of people carry more than one phone at a time. From a purely safety perspective, being able to answer calls from either phone seems like a fairly reasonable feature to try and implement.
Thanks though!

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Not an option. I won't touch an iPhone for personal use, and I don't have a choice but to use an iPhone for work. Government phone, with lots of extra garbage to secure email and the like.

With all the bizarre/excessive options car and software companies are coming up with, you'd think it would have occurred to them that a LOT of people carry more than one phone at a time. From a purely safety perspective, being able to answer calls from either phone seems like a fairly reasonable feature to try and implement.
Thanks though!
There is a Bluetooth dual channel standard out there. My motorcycle headset system has it, some earbuds do as well. I was looking to get both my phone and my laptop working on a single set of earbuds when I was working from home last year

Sponsored

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah I hate security when it comes to making purchases or using my bank account on my phone 🤣

OP
OP
Natai

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I hate security when it comes to making purchases or using my bank account on my phone 🤣
Not what I'm talking about.

Our agency loads specific contracted software on to the phone that is required for us to access our email. (So in response to the other post about dual-sims, I don't have the option.)
The 'garbage' aspect is the basic usability of those apps. It's government IT, so it's always less capable than it could be, and the contract was clearly not interested in end-user features or reliability.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

it'll probably work just fine, to be honest. my BMW has dual phone setup, and it'll still use one as primary, but will happily *get* calls on both. the big issue that you're likely going to run into is that the bluetooth stack on the iphone is traditionally a lot faster at connecting than android, so it will most likely always be the primary phone on the system, which can be annoying at times.

another option though, just connect the android, and forward the iphone to it, then all the calls just go to that phone vs the other.

OP
OP
Natai

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

another option though, just connect the android, and forward the iphone to it, then all the calls just go to that phone vs the other.
That's actually probably a good idea if I'm on a longer trip. Thanks

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks though!
I am in the same boat. Hate Apple. With a passion. But work issues iPhones so whatcha gonna do? I am too cheap to pay for a second phone though; And I am on this one more than often enough.
Sponsored