First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wanted to try this stuff out for a bit before mentioning it..

If you have a MIC top that is popping, squeaking, slight leak or any other related problems - try this stuff (or anything like it)

This also gets rid of that annoying "mining" sound that TFL made so much noise about.

https://www.autozone.com/greases-an...ster-silicone-lubricant-spray-11oz/933652_0_0

Just wipe some on all your rubber seals on the MIC/panels and around the windows. Got rid of 100% of my random MIC popping and other misc noises. Also put a dab on all the guide pins..

It also helps with the smaller leaks.. or it did for me. It's made for convertibles, and the Bronco is basically one of those, right?

This isn't a one and done thing though. I imagine it needs to be reapplied every few months or so.
Sponsored

level3looper

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have a MIC top that is popping, squeaking, slight leak or any other related problems - try this stuff (or anything like it)

This also gets rid of that annoying "mining" sound that TFL made so much noise about.

https://www.autozone.com/greases-an...ster-silicone-lubricant-spray-11oz/933652_0_0

Just wipe some on all your rubber seals on the MIC/panels and around the windows. Got rid of 100% of my random MIC popping and other misc noises. Also put a dab on all the guide pins..

It also helps with the smaller leaks.. or it did for me. It's made for convertibles, and the Bronco is basically one of those, right?

This isn't a one and done thing though. I imagine it needs to be reapplied every few months or so.
I will try this. I hope that others will post their ideas here as well. My snap crackle pop mic top is driving me crazy!

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A silicone spray is good for short term use, but with usually dry up fast. If this turns out to be the case try using Sil-Glyde or Krytox (expensive).

Sponsored

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have some of this already, I bought it at O'Reilly though since I own quite a few shares of them and draw a nice paycheck from there!

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have some of this already, I bought it at O'Reilly though since I own quite a few shares of them and draw a nice paycheck from there!
O'Reilly really is a cash cow. Im invested there as well - good catch on advertising against my best interests!

Sponsored

330SMG

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 ,89 325i and 72 Dodge Charger SE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
O-ring grease or Gummi Pflege makes rubber soft and will expand it. BMWs have had door seal creaks and rattles for ages and this cures it.
Gummi Pflege

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plan on trying this guys solution.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/posts/1011088/

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's a good idea as well. However, for my Bronco, the squeaking comes from the gasket seals themselves rubbing against their mating surfaces. I have a feeling each person is going to have to use a combination of these fixes to get it completely quiet .
Sponsored