Sponsored

Quick question: Ford Service Plan on your Bronco, anyone try to get a refund?

rws

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GTI, 2018 Silverado 1500 LT Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

BLUF: (Bottom Line Up Front) - Is there a course of action to get a refund of the Ford Service plan, even after 18 months? Primarily citing Ford service centers inability to actually do simple maintenance?

Background:
We purchased the Ford Premium Service plan when we purchased our Bronco ('22 Wildtrak). We've now brought it in for routine service (oil changes, tire rotations, etc.) and each time, we've found that things were not done, despite being signed as completed on the service agreement. Must recently, my wife brought our Bronco to Pugmire Ford, in Cartersville GA for an oil change and tire rotation. She noticed something simple wasn't done (the 5-tire rotation). She asked to speak with the service manager, Pat McConville, who was quite rude and condescending while 5 other service members, and my granddaughter stood by and watched, telling my wife that "it was an honest mistake". This is the abbreviated version of the incident, but the point is, instead of taking ownership that his service department documented something was done, and yet did not do it, he defensively stated over and over, "no one is lying".

Bottom line, we've used multiple service departments and each time, we have services documented and "honest mistakes" made. I didn't spend money for "honest mistakes", I spent money thinking it would be a good idea to have Ford professionals service my new Bronco. Turns out, I was sorely mistaken. I can't trust that what they say is being done [on paper] is actually getting done.

I simply want a refund for breach of contract / inability to satisfy the terms of the agreement, and in honor of upcoming Star Wars Day, "a vote of no confidence". So, has anyone successfully obtained a refund of their Ford Service agreement?
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you want to cancel, call Ford customer assistance with your VIN and miles. (800) 392-3673

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not on my Bronco but canceled on my Maverick Tremor before trading it in. I ordered mine through granger and the cancellation process was seamless and the refund was more than I expected.

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I know the tire rotation was just an example and there must be other reasons. And I'm sure, based on my very limited knowledge of contract law, you should be able to cancel it and get a prorated amount back.

But not everyone subscribes to the idea of a 5 tire rotation. I find it interesting that because the tire is in such a high profile location that it should be considered, but other vehicles like trucks that have full sized spares, no one ever thinks of doing a 5 tire rotation.

Anyway, my point is that, not everyone wants the 5th tire thrown into rotation, and I wouldn't by any means considered it to be standard business practices.

Reactions: rws

Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 5 tire rotation miss is common. I had a service tech return my vehicle and when I asked what about the 5 tire rotation told me I didn't ask him to do it, that was someone else. You're a representative of your company, and that's your response ?

Unfortunalety you're dealing with people who while good at automotive skills often suck at customer service.

Last edited:

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought two aftermarket service plans that I got a refund on a month later. This was through the financing process. When I decided to get the Granger ESP, and ditch the other one, I did get some "bad stuffs gonna happen" but otherwise it was easy and I got the checks within three weeks.

They did prorate the "other" service plan, since it started from day one, but I still got almost all of it back. The non-Ford ESP was 100% refund, since it hadn't technically started.

I did the refunds through the same finance guy at the dealer by going in and talking to him. I thought I'd get more blowback, but it was overall ok and mostly painless. I don't know everyone will have the same experience, unfortunately.

BlarneyStoned

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saleen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
but other vehicles like trucks that have full sized spares, no one ever thinks of doing a 5 tire rotation.
That's because often those tucked away spare tires do not have the same wheel. On my LR3 I did 5-tire rotations because it was the same wheel plus I had moved the spare to a bumper mounted carrier for easier access.

On the Land Rovers at least, a significant enough difference in tire size, as detected by the wheel speed sensors, can cause it to trigger the traction control system thinking one of the tires is slipping but they are also full time AWD.

OP
OP
rws

rws

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP
OP
rws

rws

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I bought two aftermarket service plans that I got a refund on a month later. This was through the financing process. When I decided to get the Granger ESP, and ditch the other one, I did get some "bad stuffs gonna happen" but otherwise it was easy and I got the checks within three weeks.

They did prorate the "other" service plan, since it started from day one, but I still got almost all of it back. The non-Ford ESP was 100% refund, since it hadn't technically started.

I did the refunds through the same finance guy at the dealer by going in and talking to him. I thought I'd get more blowback, but it was overall ok and mostly painless. I don't know everyone will have the same experience, unfortunately.
Thank you for the info and sharing your experience.

Sponsored
OP
OP
rws

rws

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The 5 tire rotation miss is common. I had a service tech return my vehicle and when I asked what about the 5 tire rotation told me I didn't ask him to do it, that was someone else. You're a representative of your company, and that's your response ?

Unfortunalety you're dealing with peole who while good at automotive skills often suck at customer service.
And honestly my primary concern is not the tire rotation, although I did ask for it and it was written on the service order. My concern is if they donā€™t do the simple stuff, what else isnā€™t getting done and just being pencil whipped.

I appreciate your reply and insight.

OP
OP
rws

rws

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know the tire rotation was just an example and there must be other reasons. And I'm sure, based on my very limited knowledge of contract law, you should be able to cancel it and get a prorated amount back.

But not everyone subscribes to the idea of a 5 tire rotation. I find it interesting that because the tire is in such a high profile location that it should be considered, but other vehicles like trucks that have full sized spares, no one ever thinks of doing a 5 tire rotation.

Anyway, my point is that, not everyone wants the 5th tire thrown into rotation, and I wouldn't by any means considered it to be standard business practices.
Correct the tire rotation was just the example, a relevant example, but minor in the big picture. It just raises concern of what else isnā€™t being done that I canā€™t readily confirm. Just no confidence and for what I paid I guess I was a bit naive in thinking that Ford would be the best place to keep the Bronco in shape.
Until now, Iā€™ve done my own maintenance and many repairs on my vehicles, I just was thinking maybe I would try something new. šŸ˜Š

thank you for your response and insight.

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe Iā€™m the outlier here, but doesnā€™t this just seem like you need a new service shop? I havenā€™t had any issues with mine. Plus, you donā€™t have to get your service at a dealer to keep the plan in play. If you have it serviced somewhere else and just document it, you are good to go.

TLDR - not sure the plan is the issue, maybe your shop is. Donā€™t cut off your nose to spite your face šŸ˜€

OP
OP
rws

rws

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP
OP
rws

rws

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Maybe Iā€™m the outlier here, but doesnā€™t this just seem like you need a new service shop? I havenā€™t had any issues with mine. Plus, you donā€™t have to get your service at a dealer to keep the plan in play. If you have it serviced somewhere else and just document it, you are good to go.

TLDR - not sure the plan is the issue, maybe your shop is. Donā€™t cut off your nose to spite your face šŸ˜€
Concur. Weā€™ve used multiple service shops. Perhaps we just havenā€™t found the right one.

The tipping point and what just really got to us, was the way the service manager proceeded to yell at my wife (sheā€™s the one who typically takes the Bronco in for service due to my work schedule) for pointing out that he should be aware of people signing off work that is not done.

thank you for replying and offering an objective perspective.
Sponsored