Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Do not remove without the use of the Ford door bags
You mean the door bags that you cannot buy unless you got them with your order? That was a nice gotcha to find out about after delivery..
"Oh, you can't actually buy those as an aftermarket accessory, we're sorryyyyyyyy"

I'm fine removing and installing them myself but I was just hoping someone had a creative way to make it faster or an aftermarket company developed a mod. The weight of the door isn't the issue, it's that they designed it with one bolt going up and one bolt going down. If both bolts went up I can imagine an easy mod to be more like the Jeeps where they just slide over the pins and the weight of the door holds it down.
thank you,
There's a pin on each flange that the door sits on before you tighten each bolt, and having one up and one down makes it so that one person can do it entirely by themselves. If this is really too much of a hassle, just open the doors next to a telephone pole and back up. Instant removal!

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You mean the door bags that you cannot buy unless you got them with your order? That was a nice gotcha to find out about after delivery..
"Oh, you can't actually buy those as an aftermarket accessory, we're sorryyyyyyyy"

There's a pin on each flange that the door sits on before you tighten each bolt, and having one up and one down makes it so that one person can do it entirely by themselves. If this is really too much of a hassle, just open the doors next to a telephone pole and back up. Instant removal!
They can be purchased directly from Ford. Door Bags

Sponsored

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well holy schnikies! Glad to be wrong about that (didn't used to be that way)
Never changed. The door bags that became unavailable were the "onbaord" bags with a very expensive strapping system.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Never changed. The door bags that became unavailable were the "onbaord" bags with a very expensive strapping system.
I've found those available online from a dealer, but the strap/harness is $500 and the doors are around $170 a piece. You'd have to REALLY want to take your doors off and store them onboard at that price.

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Only thing is, those bags are the "garage bags", not the ones that have the strap system to securely hold them in the cargo area.
Nobody actually straps the bags in. We leave them at home

Sponsored

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nobody actually straps the bags in. We leave them at home
I have once or twice, but decided it was too big a pain in the butt, so now I do the same.

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have once or twice, but decided it was too big a pain in the butt, so now I do the same.
Only time I could ever see using this is if I was traveling, and that's a maybe by itself.

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only time I could ever see using this is if I was traveling, and that's a maybe by itself.
Yeah, that's the 2 times I used it, lol.

c-dubb

Raptor
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Anybody else ever have trouble with the alignment pin not unscrewing for certain doors? Works fine on a couple of mine but not others. Doesn't matter if I screw it all the way down or just a thread or two.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anybody else ever have trouble with the alignment pin not unscrewing for certain doors? Works fine on a couple of mine but not others. Doesn't matter if I screw it all the way down or just a thread or two.
I don’t have this problem. Have you inspected the threads on the screws you have issues with to see if it was cross threaded? You could order some new screws if they are to see if the doors are what’s causing the issue.
Sponsored