First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Gobi just put up a notification sign up page for Bronco.
Sponsored

Prospector

Outer Banks
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco - Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I’m hoping to get a Builder to make one or both of these ideas.

1. Using the roof rack mounting spots on the windshield, incorporate a square bar mount. I would think this would be so easy to do. Almost like a light bar but it would be a straight roof rack bar. Then have something that creates a second bar that comes off of the rear wheel or swing gate.

2. I’ve seen those roof rack cages that fold back so you can open your soft top. I’m expecting to see something like that soon. Maybe incorporating the windshield attachment points for the front. However, what I really want is a just roof rack over the rear part of the truck. have the ability to fold back to put the top all the way down. but out of the way enough so you can still flip the soft top in the first position without having to move the rack.

Might be easier to explain in pictures. See below.

8246E516-83C8-4ED8-A18E-77C2395D61FF.jpeg

6FE58D44-0BAA-4C5D-8876-E19A383A9BE6.jpeg
I'm looking for the same thing to carry a canoe (39 pounds). Looking at windshield light bar mounts with a straight bar and then a hitch mount T bar to hold the back end. My concern is the light bar mounts may not sit high enough to keep the canoe off of the soft top. Another option is custom brackets similar to your idea. Got a fabricator working on it - I'll advise if he comes through for me.

OP
OP
TommyBronco

TommyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm looking for the same thing to carry a canoe (39 pounds). Looking at windshield light bar mounts with a straight bar and then a hitch mount T bar to hold the back end. My concern is the light bar mounts may not sit high enough to keep the canoe off of the soft top. Another option is custom brackets similar to your idea. Got a fabricator working on it - I'll advise if he comes through for me.
I went with the Exposed™Racks with the yak attachment. Waiting for warmer weather to lower the soft top to install.

76C20BFC-0E7F-4AA9-9848-A936D8246B2E.jpeg

Petek70

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 bronco, 76 bronco, 18 raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since the factory soft top does not zip in above the rear windows and just has velcro, could somebody not make a bracket that bolts onto the roll bar and mimics the rear hardtop slots to allow for the factory hardtop roof rack to slide in between the top of the windows and the soft top and then bolt the brackets attached to the rollbar? Just spitballing, don't have a hard top to see where it would line up compared to the soft top window.

Oisinirish

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend 4 door. Sasquatch. Manual
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I went with the Exposed™Racks with the yak attachment. Waiting for warmer weather to lower the soft top to install.

Ford Bronco Rack ideas for a soft top 76C20BFC-0E7F-4AA9-9848-A936D8246B2E
How did it work out?

Sponsored

Prospector

Outer Banks
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco - Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve got about 2” clearance off the roof at either end. In the centre about 3.5” due to the curve of the gunwhales on the canoe. I can increase the height by using canoe mounts on the front bar and just raising the rear hitch bar. I looked at the setup with the open roof, but in Canada weather is too unpredictable to be running top down with a canoe strapped down.

Rus-T

Black Diamond
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I too have been looking for a solution like this. Hopefully someone will make a sturdy product. All I really want is at least four points of contact on the body / frame, not obstruct the sunrider part of the soft top, and not obstruct the rear doors.

Sponsored

Oisinirish

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend 4 door. Sasquatch. Manual
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think it would be too wide for the Y-adapter upside down. But would work right-side up.
How well does the soft top close over the rails? Do you pop out the cross bars first?

OP
OP
TommyBronco

TommyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How well does the soft top close over the rails? Do you pop out the cross bars first?
no the soft-top fits over the rails and they are alway in place. You do need to remove the y-adapter kayak mount. Just one push-pin. Easy to remove.
Sponsored