Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wanting to mount some pod lights for chase lights off my Trailrax, was wondering if anyone had done this already and could show me how you wired it. Would like to an AUX switch.
Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wanting to mount some pod lights for chase lights off my Trailrax, was wondering if anyone had done this already and could show me how you wired it. Would like to an AUX switch.
Yes another member did it. Search the forum and you'll find it. Good luck I love the look of TrailRax!

OP
OP
Idaho-Bronco

Idaho-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want to do the same. Did you ever figure out how to do this? Thinking of two BajaDedigns S1 or S2 but trying to figure the best/easiest way to wire them. Thanks.

Sponsored

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

In the same boat.

Think itll be better than mounting to the rear wheel.

OP
OP
Idaho-Bronco

Idaho-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got my Heretic BA-2s and reached out to them to see how'd they recommend install with the included 2 light harness using the rearward power circuit to the factory up-fitter switches.

maybe @fronc can give some more details before I get an email response.

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did it with a set of KC cyclones but as long as you have a way to connect it to the rack, you should be good to go.

I opted to run wires from the engine bay to the lights. The hidden wires are cool, in theory, but you have to take off interior panels to get to them. The clips on the interior panels are pretty easy for a Neanderthal like me to break. You also have to remember that, as far as I remember, the wire from the rear cargo area ends behind the glove box. So you still have to connect other wires to the aux switch of your choice.

I ran 18awg from switch 6, along the frame rails, then up through the hinge area of the swing gate, outside of the top, and then just tucked it in the little crevices leading to the roof rack. Both of the KC lights combined draw less than 1 amp so I could have gone smaller gauge wire, but I had a ton of 18 on hand. Also, if you choose to route it like I did, I would HIGHLY recommend running it in a protective wrap of some kind. My hard top has some pretty sharp edges so I wanted to take every precaution.

Ford Bronco Rack Mounted Chase Lights 20221129_073132
Ford Bronco Rack Mounted Chase Lights 20221129_073141
Ford Bronco Rack Mounted Chase Lights 20221129_073147

Last edited:

fronc

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition | 4 Door | Cactus Grey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just got my Heretic BA-2s and reached out to them to see how'd they recommend install with the included 2 light harness using the rearward power circuit to the factory up-fitter switches.

maybe @fronc can give some more details before I get an email response.
Oh I can help! :)

I ran the wires down the rack, connected them together with a Y adapter/splice, and then down through the weatherstripping between the second row roof and the rear roof cap. Then ran down behind the trim panel by the rear passenger seatbelt, and connected to the leads ford left there that run up to the glove box. Then connect the line from quarter panel to the line behind glove box so it reaches under the hood. Then under the hood, connect the glove box line to the Aux Switch you select. I grounded the lights back behind the quarter panel trim.

Basically, using Aux 6, you have the following:
  1. Under Hood: Yellow/Orange (Aux 6) splice to either Brown/White or White (two options run to the glove box). I had Brown/White available.
  2. Behind Glove Box: Brown/White to White/Orange (which runs from glove box to rear passenger quarter panel)
  3. Behind Rear Passenger QP Trim: White/Orange to the BA-2 positive line.
The only tricky part with this was behind the glove box, the white/orange didn't have an accessible end because it was jammed in so tightly. So I snipped it, tried to splice one end, and when that didn't work, just connected to the other. If you need help, send me a DM on instagram and I'll be happy to answer more questions.

Consult your manual to be sure your colors are the same as mine. I'm basing this on memory and what I'm seeing when searching online:

Ford Bronco Rack Mounted Chase Lights 1669844085803

Ford Bronco Rack Mounted Chase Lights 1669844099082

Last edited:

fronc

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
Idaho-Bronco

Idaho-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I while I had recall stuff done to the bronco I had them install my BA-2 chase lights as well.
they ended up wiring them great, down the a-pillar following the same routing as the aux wire for the lightbar. looks very clean and have it hooked up the switch 6

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh I can help! :)

I ran the wires down the rack, connected them together with a Y adapter/splice, and then down through the weatherstripping between the second row roof and the rear roof cap. Then ran down behind the trim panel by the rear passenger seatbelt, and connected to the leads ford left there that run up to the glove box. Then connect the line from quarter panel to the line behind glove box so it reaches under the hood. Then under the hood, connect the glove box line to the Aux Switch you select. I grounded the lights back behind the quarter panel trim.

Basically, using Aux 6, you have the following:
  1. Under Hood: Yellow/Orange (Aux 6) splice to either Brown/White or White (two options run to the glove box). I had Brown/White available.
  2. Behind Glove Box: Brown/White to White/Orange (which runs from glove box to rear passenger quarter panel)
  3. Behind Rear Passenger QP Trim: White/Orange to the BA-2 positive line.
The only tricky part with this was behind the glove box, the white/orange didn't have an accessible end because it was jammed in so tightly. So I snipped it, tried to splice one end, and when that didn't work, just connected to the other. If you need help, send me a DM on instagram and I'll be happy to answer more questions.

Consult your manual to be sure your colors are the same as mine. I'm basing this on memory and what I'm seeing when searching online:

Ford Bronco Rack Mounted Chase Lights 1669843374057

Ford Bronco Rack Mounted Chase Lights 1669843374057
Any chance you have a photo of where your wiring goes through between the panels? I just want to make sure I don't have leaking.

fronc

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I can snap a photo tomorrow when I'm back in town with the truck (DM me on IG if I forget). I didn't pick anyplace special to drop it through the roof, it's just passing through the weatherstripping between the two panels and has never leaked, to my knowledge.
Sponsored