Sponsored

RAKET Roof Rack solution for Soft/Hard/No Top. Order portal goes live Nov. 15th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't see a picture with a hardtop. Is that something you can add to your post? Curious how that works with the hard top fasteners.
Photos with the hardtop are coming soon.
Sponsored

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No & No (haha). The basket doesnā€™t extend, it slides out. Even if we fasten it (while extended) youā€™d risk failure of the system since itā€™s not meant to bear weight when not in the locked mode. Weā€™ve been approached to create a locking system for an extended basket feature, but not there yet :). The stance for the SEMA build is just for show. Thanks.
Ok, to clarify, the RTT would stay on the supports on the roof.
The slide out would hold gear, which would otherwise be inaccessible under the RTT, but a sliding mechanism would change that.

Pretty sure how he was talking during the development process, the slide out is just for removing or flipping the basket. Not meant for load bearing.
Guess I was getting ahead of myself, but see comment above.

Lambeezy

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 4 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are you able to retract the soft top into either of the 2 down positions with this roof on?

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just remembered early discussion was maybe the rear crossbar could be easily removed to move the soft top all the way back. Was that nixed? If so, what's the timeframe to remove the rear solo.

dahoneybadga

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 4dr Badlands, 22 R1T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here we go already, just like my experience in the wrangler world, the 2 doors are going to be neglected by 80% of the new aftermarket stuff. Too bad but $$ is everything I guess.
Yeah, obviously $$ is everything. That's literally the only incentive to building any product. When the VAST majority of people have a 4dr, where is the incentive for a company to put substantial R&D resources to develop a product for a small percentage of people? Why is this a surprise to anyone?

Sponsored

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Itā€™s been a cool ride leading up to this point, but weā€™re ready to begin taking orders Nov. 15th. RAKET has developed a lightweight, removable and versatile roof rack for all 4-door 6G Broncos (2dr coming soon). Iā€™ve been in contact with many of you and I greatly appreciate all of the input this forum has provided. We focused on building a strong frame, which leaves the customization to you. Hereā€™s a breakdown of the system, along with photos:

-One of a kind design makes it compatible with soft-top, hard-top, or no-top (4 doors)
-No Drilling required
-All fasteners, tools, and protective film included. They work with the Bronco toolkit.
-100% Aluminum system with a total weight of 100 lbs
-Load Capacity: 500 Dynamic / 800 Static
-Patented ā€œSlideā€ System (basket is removable as it slides off the passenger side)
-Modular design with built-in accessories (light bar mount / 2 molle panels)
-Reversible basket: Enclosed for cargo or Flat surface for RTT/Canoes/Boards
-Low profile design
-Installation video available on our website

$2,800 (excludes tax & shipping)

More information is available at www.raketdesigns.com or DM me with any questions.

Thanks,
Derick

1F4901E2-30F0-467C-9CD6-A100102F0338.jpeg
449487A5-78C8-4184-8882-831A31FB0544.jpeg
D976AC89-B737-4A42-9A1A-F3B5EADCDD40.jpeg
A3EA959C-FA7A-4F82-9D78-BBAF5240A5DA.jpeg
9E0CB298-3951-43FC-A22B-F8C88A84A0A2.jpeg
66BC399A-2993-4921-8F10-DA8D42900921.jpeg
08EFA481-E3F2-4551-8B0D-B1D1005B0DA1.jpeg
9371A21D-D805-4361-A586-DD159E5F2EAA.jpeg
Was nice meeting you on Sat at the kickoff event and seeing this awesome product up close!

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Was nice meeting you on Sat at the kickoff event and seeing this awesome product up close!
hey Mike it was nice to meet you as well. Weā€™ll have a 2 door option asap. Thanks.

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ok, to clarify, the RTT would stay on the supports on the roof.
The slide out would hold gear, which would otherwise be inaccessible under the RTT, but a sliding mechanism would change that.

Guess I was getting ahead of myself, but see comment above.
oh I see what youā€™re getting at. Honestly our focus is a very reliable frame, and weā€™ll leave mods to others. Having a system like that could generate other issues since the window is small. Iā€™ll talk to the engineers to see if we can pull something off. Thanks.

Pag_LT

Black Diamond
First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Has everything been tested in a winter environment like I have in Quebec ... several racks currently do not seem ideal with the amount of snow, ice and salt on our roads to be viable. before investing $4000 (CAN) I would like to make sure that everything will be compatible with my winters here šŸ˜…šŸ˜…

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Has everything been tested in a winter environment like I have in Quebec ... several racks currently do not seem ideal with the amount of snow, ice and salt on our roads to be viable. before investing $4000 (CAN) I would like to make sure that everything will be compatible with my winters here šŸ˜…šŸ˜…
One of the benefits of this rack is the basket is removable in 5 minutes (4 bolts). Itā€™s 100% aluminum so it wonā€™t rust from the salt. As far as snow is concerned, you can flip the basket around and snow will pile on the flat surface instead of the vehicle roof. Iā€™m in Utah so the snow better not mess with me haha.

Sponsored

Pag_LT

Black Diamond
First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
One of the benefits of this rack is the basket is removable in 5 minutes (4 bolts). Itā€™s 100% aluminum so it wonā€™t rust from the salt. As far as snow is concerned, you can flip the basket around and snow will pile on the flat surface instead of the vehicle roof. Iā€™m in Utah so the snow better not mess with me haha.
Thanks for the fast answer ā€¦ It may help me with my decision just trying to figure everything before pulling the trigger on my final choice !! šŸ˜…šŸ˜…

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for the fast answer ā€¦ It may help me with my decision just trying to figure everything before pulling the trigger on my final choice !! šŸ˜…šŸ˜…
i totally understand. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks

IsaacBro

Base
First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello, if the basket is removed can you open the soft top halfway or is the front support in the way?

OddBall88

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just curious would the KC Lights Pro6 light bar work on this without a huge amount of modifying?

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hello, if the basket is removed can you open the soft top halfway or is the front support in the way?
yes you can open to position 2 by just removing the basket. The design put a lot of focus on NOT having front support issues. Youā€™re good to go.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.