Sponsored

RAKET Roof Rack solution for Soft/Hard/No Top. Order portal goes live Nov. 15th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How much wind noise does that add? Have you tested the rack with the Bestop soft top? I assume it would be fine, but since this would be an investment, I am looking at my possible down the road options when it comes to soft top replacements - I fully expect having to replace it. HA!
Wind noise: it does have some added wind noise especially on the soft top over 70 (approx 2 decibels more than regular). It’s not a vibration, but the soft top flapping (which is already there). I’m going to test basket up/basket down/no basket today on the highway to check if we need to adjust the height.

Bestop: I messaged them to request a point of contact so I can order the side mounting plates. That may pose an issue depending on how tight they are to the panels. Honestly I should just buy one for mine lol.
Sponsored

Badland-Mansquatch-ATX

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL, Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great job on the modularity! So, I only need enough support for one or two kayaks instead of the basket or tent. What would be great as an option is just the back part independently and then a separate simple bar attached at the front (kayak or surfboard could just sit across them both). Then maybe a smaller basket could be an option on just the back. Hoping that makes a slightly lower price point for me as well. Hope y’all are rewarded for the ingenuity and hard work!

Can we get a copy of the install instructions? I’m curious how easy to remove the plates on the back rail to take it off.

Evenrute

Wildtrak
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Van: Owned a 2001 Ford F150 SuperCrew Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Great job on the modularity! So, I only need enough support for one or two kayaks instead of the basket or tent. What would be great as an option is just the back part independently and then a separate simple bar attached at the front (kayak or surfboard could just sit across them both). Then maybe a smaller basket could be an option on just the back. Hoping that makes a slightly lower price point for me as well. Hope y’all are rewarded for the ingenuity and hard work!

Can we get a copy of the install instructions? I’m curious how easy to remove the plates on the back rail to take it off.
Here is their instruction video: https://www.raketdesigns.com/?pgid=l8feusle-f2293ec0-4322-4588-83c3-9ce68ec73ffb. I am sure you want the finer details, but it is the the install overview

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for the input. We’ve been it talks about selling the rear tower only and it is a possibility. We’re also considering different “plank” options, specifically for those looking for less weight and cost effectiveness. We can do it, but the load capacity drops dramatically (without the basket format).

in regards to installation there’s already a video on our YouTube page and website which shows the process. The benefit of our design is one the side brackets are installed, they can be left there. It’s a simple enough mount that it doesn’t deter from how the bronco looks.

Badland-Mansquatch-ATX

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL, Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the input. We’ve been it talks about selling the rear tower only and it is a possibility. We’re also considering different “plank” options, specifically for those looking for less weight and cost effectiveness. We can do it, but the load capacity drops dramatically (without the basket format).

in regards to installation there’s already a video on our YouTube page and website which shows the process. The benefit of our design is one the side brackets are installed, they can be left there. It’s a simple enough mount that it doesn’t deter from how the bronco looks.
Thanks for the quick reply! I'll keep watching for that rear tower option. Also, thanks for the install video, that made it much clearer on how it works with the existing soft top hardware and provides the flexibility!

Sponsored
OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll keep watching for that rear tower option. Also, thanks for the install video, that made it much clearer on how it works with the existing soft top hardware and provides the flexibility!
of course. I would assume the option will come after the 15th. We meet with the fabricators on Tuesday and we’ll discuss the solo option.

judochop

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is there a video showing what needs to be removed to allow the top to be fully retracted (second position)? I had thought I saw in one of the responses that only the basket needs to be removed, but on one of your Raket videos it looks like everything needs to be removed to fully retract. If that's true, I'd like to see what all is involved in that process.

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is there a video showing what needs to be removed to allow the top to be fully retracted (second position)? I had thought I saw in one of the responses that only the basket needs to be removed, but on one of your Raket videos it looks like everything needs to be removed to fully retract. If that's true, I'd like to see what all is involved in that process.
sorry for any misunderstanding. If you have a full top on (and basket on), you only need to remove 4 bolts and slide the basket off. Position2 is now available.

IF you want to drop the top all they way down (position 3), then you’ll need to remove 6 bolts from the rear tower and pull it off. I hope that helps.

judochop

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
sorry for any misunderstanding. If you have a full top on (and basket on), you only need to remove 4 bolts and slide the basket off. Position2 is now available.

IF you want to drop the top all they way down (position 3), then you’ll need to remove 6 bolts from the rear tower and pull it off. I hope that helps.
OK so remove 6 bolts, basket and rear tower to fully retract. Got it....thanks for the reply.

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Tomorrow we take steps to MARK IV. Thanks to @sincitybroncos @wcodesido in providing some post-SEMA input that we’ll look to implement before Nov. 15th. Stay tuned for announcements on this 100% aluminum roof rack. #raketroofracks #raketdesigns

Ford Bronco RAKET Roof Rack solution for Soft/Hard/No Top. Order portal goes live Nov. 15th. B8208FE7-3A6C-475D-9E3D-EB61975B4675

Sponsored

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

understood. Thanks for your feedback. It’s definitely a lot smaller than the original but I get it.
Are there any alternative fronts that you could create? I like everything about this design except that. My Bronco doesn't need a unibrow

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Are there any alternative fronts that you could create? I like everything about this design except that. My Bronco doesn't need a unibrow
At this time the best we can do is paint it a different color. Other alternatives don’t provide the same stability we get from this cowling plus it supports the slide system. We may change it in the future but it’s the reason why we’ve tried to develop it as a lightbar mount as well. Hope that makes sense. Thanks

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At this time the best we can do is paint it a different color. Other alternatives don’t provide the same stability we get from this cowling plus it supports the slide system. We may change it in the future but it’s the reason why we’ve tried to develop it as a lightbar mount as well. Hope that makes sense. Thanks
Is there a reason something like this isn't a viable solution? https://zroadz.com/i-23915803-2021-...H1zz-LcLWCA6sYGk6wGPjdCNaJHizSrhoC8OgQAvD_BwE

Just curious

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is there a reason something like this isn't a viable solution? https://zroadz.com/i-23915803-2021-...H1zz-LcLWCA6sYGk6wGPjdCNaJHizSrhoC8OgQAvD_BwE

Just curious
sure. Our system runs on a patented design (slide system) which allows removal of the basket without removal of the whole system. It’s the modular part of our rack…so not having the cowling to provide stability affects both the slide system and the 800 load capacity. It becomes preference on what people are looking for at that point. Thanks.

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

11/10/22 Update:

We know options are limited for soft-top roof rack, especially one that is also compatible with a hard-top or no-top. This rack is designed by (and for) Bronco owners.

In 5 days we begin taking orders for this lightweight, removable, and versatile rack system. Please go to the website (www.raketdesigns.com) or you can contact me with any questions.

Thanks,
Derick

Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.