SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's only true if nobody has the exact average IQ. However, if even one person out there has an average IQ, then it's less than 50% and this pointless post has been brought to you by the number blue.
Even then it’s not true because you guys aren’t factoring in outliers. If there’s more outliers on the high or low side of the IQ then the logic is all out the window... Now the same can not be said about median IQ.
Sponsored

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry, I don’t let them off that easy. You want to blame COVID for the delay on the order banks opening? I’ll oblige.

But to put out an inaccurate B&P tool and then let it sit there for two months and then update it. Then when questions come up to say “hang tight” “more to follow” “they’re working on it” or whatever nonsense Levine wants to reply with, is not relative to the pandemic. They are either rushing to put crap out or are playing a deceptive game.

This is not a new company. Ford has been around longer than anyone.

Not every bad business practice gets the COVID “get out of jail” card
100% agree. If it was wrong, then fine (not really, prices should always be correct). There were numerous opportunities to get the word out that it was wrong or still in the works, but they doubled down and confirmed it was correct on a few occasions. So I am feeling less Like giving them 9 months of my salary right now.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you for calming my impatience ? .
I seem tobe a bit worked over and too involved with somewhat estimated B&P system. Knowing good and well nothing is gravity..
Until pen hits the paper.. all this energy has been put into the build we're hoping to order and receive. I'm truly working on Flexibility!!
The Big Picture! Getting this Damn cool Bronco!
I've been using this time wisely to clear out, making space, & sell parts in the garage. Making $$$ for more accessories!!?
YES! One way or another - every day is a day closer to being behind the wheel of something special that you spec’d out - and the envy of many!

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Even then it’s not true because you guys aren’t factoring in outliers. If there’s more outliers on the high or low side of the IQ then the logic is all out the window... Now the same can not be said about median IQ.
Oh no you di'n't!

Average = Mean. If you believe that IQ can be accurately measured in whole numbers only, then it's very likely that 50% are below and 50% above the mean. It doesn't take your so-called outliers out of the equation, because it's a calculation before you assume a normal distribution and calculate the standard deviation.

With a population of ~300 million or >7 billion, how much of an effect could outliers have on the mean?

Using the median would almost certainly result in <50% below the median intelligence. Due to the high population value, it is statistically nigh impossible that only one person out of either ~300M or >7B has the median IQ. Why would it matter if only one person had the median IQ? If the population is even and the two most centric values on the ordered list are of differing values, then you take the average of those two values. In that case, then 50% of the population is below the median IQ. This would be true also if the two most centric values represent a million people's IQ value on one side and only one person's IQ value on the other side.

Even if everyone on this forum had a 200 IQ value(we do!), it wouldn't affect the mean IQ value of the United States let alone the world.

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh no you di'n't!

Average = Mean. If you believe that IQ can be accurately measured in whole numbers only, then it's very likely that 50% are below and 50% above the mean. It doesn't take your so-called outliers out of the equation, because it's a calculation before you assume a normal distribution and calculate the standard deviation.

With a population of ~300 million or >7 billion, how much of an effect could outliers have on the mean?

Using the median would almost certainly result in <50% below the median intelligence. Due to the high population value, it is statistically nigh impossible that only one person out of either ~300M or >7B has the median IQ. Why would it matter if only one person had the median IQ? If the population is even and the two most centric values on the ordered list are of differing values, then you take the average of those two values. In that case, then 50% of the population is below the median IQ. This would be true also if the two most centric values represent a million people's IQ value on one side and only one person's IQ value on the other side.

Even if everyone on this forum had a 200 IQ value(we do!), it wouldn't affect the mean IQ value of the United States let alone the world.
You’re right about my flawed logic with the median IQ. You know what I think this means? It’s likely we are both wrong. Even more likely that neither of us have a 200 IQ...

Sponsored

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm getting a 2 Door manual transmission so I hadn't paid too much attention to the "free" automatic transmission in B&P. After reading most of the comments about the lack of competence by the Ford B&P team to get corrections made in a timely fashion, I wondered what other comparable vehicle B&P examples existed at Ford.

As best as I can tell, the only other North American vehicle you can purchase from Ford with three pedals is a Mustang. The 10 speed auto upgrade on the Mustang is also $1,595. However, the Mustang doesn't offer a direct engine upgrade without it being part of a package so there is not a comparison for the ability to directly select a different engine/transmission/trim level on any other vehicle in the Ford line up.

Not that I want to make excuses for Ford or defend their inability to correct B&P in a timely fashion, but it does appear that the Bronco B&P is may be among the most complex B&P that Ford has. I think that we are fortunate to have as many Bronco options as there are for a new model release.

I may be a bit jaded though, I'm happy with my manual crank windows and vinyl floors in my F-250.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh no you di'n't!

I was trying to log into B6G to read about Bronco stuff- apparently got the wrong site, yikes! :)

Rickey498

Big Bend
First Name
Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So you want an upgraded engine and an upgraded transmission, but you only want to pay for one of them. Not my fault you are all triggered.
You don’t seem to get what I am saying about the other Ford build and price pages and your calling us the idiots. Ford doesn’t offer a manual transmission for the 2.7, so you would think they would build it into the price like they do with the F150. Dear Lord it’s like talking to a brick wall.

Danger Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 GMC Sierra 1500HD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hahaha you rubes thought an auto trans was free with the 2.7? Nothing in life is free!!!! It doesn't matter they made you think that for two months. You don't have $1600 extra and now you can't afford it? You poors are so cute worrying about four digit numbers. I'm paying cash and will just move my money around a little. I'm making so much in the market I may buy two!!!

That's not me. $1600 matters. I'm a bit tired of some on here talking about how little increase it is. Try fitting this Bronco into a real tight budget. Maybe some of us our trying to decide if we can even afford a $40K car let alone a $50k to $60k car. WTF?
Oh man I was getting really fired up after reading that first half... Thanks for the roller coaster.

Sponsored

cbarg14

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F•150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Regardless what Ford intended or didn't intend is pure speculation and will remain as such. If we're being honest with ourselves, these Broncos are already overpriced. Everyone has a budget. My advice? Stick to it when you go to place your order.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, but it was Ford who lit the fuse early with the premature Reveal and B&P. They are the ones who wanted the enthusiasts to help spread the word while the public slowly became aware of the Bronco.

Clearly, this was one of their original goals and many of us helped spread the word. Somewhere along the line they tripped on their own shoelace, fell face first into the mud and still can't seem to clean up their act. And yes, I'm speaking about things entirely within their control, not things outside of their control due to Covid.

@jfarley98 Jim Farley, if you have time to chime in we sure would like to hear from you.
100% spot on IMO.

They've been manipulating us from the first night when they were doling out

"Hold your horses. There's been a stampede to reserve the new Bronco"

15 minutes into the reservation process. Polished, marketing messaging pre-planned for manufactured scarcity from the start.

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are all deeply invested in the Bronco in a way most people working in their jobs... aren’t. The website team is a very different skill than engineering. It looks like they’re in over their heads there at a minimum.

I do not think that mustache twisting villainy is to blame. I am disappointed but not surprised. Thanks to our friends in Canada, I can at least look at a render of a Shadow Black Hardtop.

Everything I’ve dealt with for work this year has been late and everyone is ANGRY. Makes things that much harder to get right. People are tired and resilience is low.

I’m still hoping that the engineering end is in better shape than the website.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@jfarley98 Jim Farley, if you have time to chime in we sure would like to hear from you.
That’s not really Jim. More likely the ghost of his cousin Chris. ;)
Sponsored