First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looks identical to Ruby Red that they have had for some years now. I wonder if they just renamed it? I had it on my 2016 F150 and loved it. The color looks so different depending on the light it is in.
It's a little different than Ruby, a bit brighter and lighter in daylight, even with a touch of orange in very bright light, and less of a maroon color in low light conditions.
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Surprisingly, there is no official thread for this color.

Is anyone else strongly considering this color after seeing the Rapid Red OBX 4 door from the Q&A reveal?

I never thought I would get a red car, but had a hunch that this color would look awesome, and sure enough it does. It is officially in my top three.

Anyone else in a similar spot (never had a red car before, never was planning on it, but now really considering it?)
For me it's any color as long as it's red - for nearly all vehicles. Red is far and away my favorite vehicle color. My first Jeep CJ was red. Photo doesn't do it justice after 12 years on the road, but when newer it was a real head turner, even for people who weren't into Jeeps. I mainly cared about the latter - because I liked when pretty girls wanted to go for a ride, lol. Sadly rust eventually did it's thing. :(

For me the jury is out on Rapid Red. Because it's a metallic, I'll have to see in person, since those tend to look different in different lighting situations. But so far I'm optimistic. At least Ford is offering a red on the base model - kudos for that.

No offense to those who like more drab colors such as gray - we all have personal preferences that is cool. It would be lame for everyone to drive around in red vehicles. But my wife will absolutely not allow a gray car in our driveway, so that is out for me.

Ford Bronco Rapid Red - Official Thread CJ7UpRock

Musicalfisherman

Badlands
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I never thought I'd own a red car, but Rapid Red has made my top three. I went and saw it on an F150 at the local Ford dealer and it looked awesome.

It will really depend on how the Antimatter blue looks. Right now that's my #1, but I want to see the blue next to the red before I decide.

Sponsored

Zoomer6

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Rapid Red originally was my #1 choice. Now I am considering Area 51. All the different pictures on here and various color renderings hasn't helped me, it only has added to the uncertainty. Would like to see the colors in person before having to make a decision.

twobigstacksoflowsociety

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
shitmobile
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

that pic looks better than the non glam shots I've seen with this color on other models. providing this hasn't been manipulated. But the other two pics after it brings me to "meh" again.

Not only are you paying more, I just don't think it will give you enough "wow" factor.

I concur with the steps. And I originally wanted them. Aftermarket electric deployment all the way

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
008-mach-e-at-mocsem-jpg-jpg-jpg.jpg

rapid-red-2021-bronco-sport-3-jpg-jpg.jpg

rapid-red-2021-bronco-sport-1-jpg-jpg.jpg
rapid-red-2021-bronco-sport-4-jpg.jpg

-concept-outer-banks-fishing-concept-2-jpg-jpg-jpg.jpg

-door-outer-banks-fishing-guide-102-1597270062-jpg.jpg

2021-bronco-first-ride-along-event-7-jpg.jpg

MastadonSlayer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW M2, 2023 Brocno BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have owned a bright red car and several black cars and blue cars. I always like black cars, but they are too hard to keep clean. I was thinking velocity blue, silver, or rapid red. With the late availability on the blue and after seeing the red today. I’m leaning towards it now. I think it’s always wise to view the color in person. Especially if you are going to keep it long term.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I like Rapid Red quite a bit! In fact, Ruby Red was on the short list in 2015 when thinking of getting a Mustang GT.

However, that being said, and after having seen more than a few Ruby Red Mustangs here in the Pacific Northwest that color just falls on it's face when 300 days a year are overcast. It just becomes "burgundy" instead of the awesome red metallic you want.

So, while beautiful, it's not in the running for myself. If I was somewhere with more sun it would be a first or second choice right now.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was considering it before I even saw the live pic.

All I've owned were White's, Grays/Silvers and a Black, I need some Variety in my life!

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah until the pics came out wasnt really considering rapid red. My wife's car is ruby red and my Mazda is soul red crystal (which is beautiful but chips if you breathe on it) so was thinking it was time to get away from red.

After seeing the OBX in red tho got some choices to make lol. Antimatter blue is still my top choice but ruby red looks damn good

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I was sold on Rapid Red after seeing it on a GT500
Ford Bronco Rapid Red - Official Thread 2020-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-first-drive

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I like the rapid red but my dad also has a ruby red king ranch f150 and I don’t want it to look too too similar. I may go with race red
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.