Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@PREMiERdrum. just a little fun math below...
shifts per day 2
days per week 5-6
weeks left in the year 22
Broncos built per shift 330 - 385
Broncos built for the rest of 2021 approximately 85,800.
I expect this might be a little high. I used 715 per day(550 per shift, 2 shifts, 65% of those being Broncos), 6 days a week for 20 weeks. I bet that it will be more like 19 weeks because of Christmas and Thanksgiving.
Absolute low end might be 72,000. (660 per day 5 and then 6 days per week for 19 weeks) or a little less. Right in there for what Ford predicted. @Ford Motor Company

How many have been built and delivered to Dealers so far? No idea. I am sure that raw data is here on B6G somewhere.

@PREMiERdrum, glad you are loving your Bronco. Also, for peoples info, my dealer said top defects and things like that are a part of "fit and finish" and these things should be brought to the attention of the dealer in the first 6 months.
Are you taking into account that MY22 will probably start in early November? Or are you just saying how many to the end of 2021?
Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@PREMiERdrum. just a little fun math below...
shifts per day 2
days per week 5-6
weeks left in the year 22
Broncos built per shift 330 - 385
Broncos built for the rest of 2021 approximately 85,800.
I expect this might be a little high. I used 715 per day(550 per shift, 2 shifts, 65% of those being Broncos), 6 days a week for 20 weeks. I bet that it will be more like 19 weeks because of Christmas and Thanksgiving.
Absolute low end might be 72,000. (660 per day 5 and then 6 days per week for 19 weeks) or a little less. Right in there for what Ford predicted. @Ford Motor Company

How many have been built and delivered to Dealers so far? No idea. I am sure that raw data is here on B6G somewhere.

@PREMiERdrum, glad you are loving your Bronco. Also, for peoples info, my dealer said top defects and things like that are a part of "fit and finish" and these things should be brought to the attention of the dealer in the first 6 months.

I know you're simply using math based on what Premier has shared but your numbers seem super optimistic. Especially with all the breaks and shut downs MAP has experienced.

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are you taking into account that MY22 will probably start in early November? Or are you just saying how many to the end of 2021?
My understanding is that MY22 will start after the Christmas/New Years break. That is what I read on here a while back. someone in the know can correct me if I am wrong...

Bronco_gal

Badlands
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Ford Bronco, 1993 Cobra Mustang, 2017 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you as always Ross. You're updates are very timely. While I'm glad to hear MAP is moving toward full production, I just don't get a warm and fuzzy feeling. With no information as too where we are with Webasto I'm afraid much of MAP's production will not be reserved special ordered Broncos. I think we'll be seeing more dealer vehicles to fill a dealers allocation that will be sold to every Tom, Dick, and Sally that wants a Bronco no matter the build. I do hope I'm wrong, but historically things just haven't been going well for us reservations holders.

Disclaimer: I do not blame Ford, or the dealers as I know they must make profits to stay in business. However, I will be upset if I see a dealer inventory Bronco with a "deadly sin" option. That just won't be right.
This is already happening at my dealer 🤦🏼‍♀️ They have already sold one stock unit. It wasn’t anything special though.

What’s killing me is seeing all of the demo units that have ‘deadly sins’ being sent to dealers to use as demos.

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know you're simply using math based on what Premier has shared but your numbers seem super optimistic. Especially with all the breaks and shut downs MAP has experienced.
Not to mention the fact that outputting volumes of Broncos is meaningless to most of the reservations with commodity restraints. Most of these are going straight to stealerships lots.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This will probably get lost in the sea of questions, but I seem to have heard something about rock rails being another source of slow production on certain models as well. My Bronco was "produced" on 7/1 (6/30 blend date) according to the vehicle visibility tracker, but then on 7/24 the rock rails were added to the order change history. I have a Black Diamond, so rock rails are standard on my order. Are rock rails now a bottleneck as well?
I believe they install the rock rails at the end of the line so maybe they were waiting to ge to them.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Any clue if there is a plan or at least a "plan of a plan" to fix the windows on the soft top? Everything we have seen so far has those very noticeable waves and wrinkles in the side windows. Rear windshield in the soft top doesn't seem to be as bad as the side windows, but still not tight enough to look decent.
From what I can tell/read the waves in the rear are kind of by design so that it can be pushed up.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not to mention the fact that outputting volumes of Broncos is meaningless to most of the reservations with commodity restraints. Most of these are going straight to stealerships lots.
Nailed it!

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think 4 days qualifies...
So what’s the cut off a week, a month? Gimme a break, everyone has a right to be upset...you are not judge and jury on this subject Buddy...

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Conversion date is essentially irrelevant. What was your reservation date?
(I have the same build, but am almost certain to be a 22 with a late July reservation at a dealer with a lot of orders.)
8/28 reservation date

and maybe I’m asking too much too soon? I guess I felt like since they converted to an order early on, I was in a good spot. I’ve received maybe 2 emails from Ford and my dealership is basically non communicative unless I text my sales person.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What a time to be alive, right?

As many owners anxiously await word on their "traced" units produced a month (or more) ago, MAP will soon awaken from a week of production downtime and on Monday will mark "full speed" production milestone for 2021 Broncos. And yes, those traced units are being worked through and shipped out as quickly as they can.

It's true, there are still a LOT of rigs parked both at the factory and in satellite staging lots awaiting inspection, and in many cases, roof unit replacement. While quality issues with delivered MIC hardtops from Webasto have been extremely troubling, a somewhat steady of serviceable roof assemblies is still being trucked from Plymouth down to Wayne. I still have serious concerns with the design of the roof and the ability of Webasto to build them correctly, but at this point that's something for the warranty and customer relations folks to figure out.

When MAP fires up the assembly lines again on Monday, they'll be operating with a production schedule of 550 vehicles per shift. While I haven't seen the most current blend target of Bronco to Ranger, I believe it was set to be somewhere between 60/40 and 70/30 favoring Bronco.

Saturdays were set to begin on September 11th, but now appear to be kicking off at least 2 weeks earlier.

While there have been a few one-off issues with delivered units, no other major concerns have presented themselves. The MIC roof appears to be the solo major concern, forcing the reality of production scheduling even further out of line with ordered units. This will inevitably lead to the production of lower trim, soft top, 4 door units in the coming months, as dealers with promised allocation but no buildable units will need to have a deliverable product.

As for my rig, we're 1,250 miles and 4 weeks (yesterday) into ownership and I couldn't be happier. Yes, the hardtop has issues and I have accepted that mine will almost certainly be replaced in its entirety when a more permanent solution is achieved. However, the ease of use for open-air driving is phenomenal, and the NVH while driving top-on is completely livable. I LOVE my truck and I know that you all will too, once they show up.

I'm sorry for those of you who have tagged or messaged me without a response yet, I've been completely buried in requests and I have stepped back a bit from my "connected" time.

More as I learn it.

Q&A

Misalignment of the top when installed or abend in the framing after installation.

Two per day with Saturdays coming online earlier than expected.

I was told to expect normal scheduling to begin next week, but that was 2 weeks ago and the situation still seems fluid.
Lets Rock and Roll!!!!!!!

annieVonBebop

Badlands
First Name
annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Xterra XE 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is already happening at my dealer 🤦🏼‍♀️ They have already sold one stock unit. It wasn’t anything special though.

What’s killing me is seeing all of the demo units that have ‘deadly sins’ being sent to dealers to use as demos.

Very very late reservation holder here, but spoke with the person from my dealership that handles all the Bronco ordering yesterday about mine and she did in fact day they were be going to be getting a few stock units 👀 she was perry explicit that they'd all be 4 door soft tops and no tow packages or anything like that tho, so I haven't heard of any deadly sins for purchase off a lot so far

If one of the BDs they get is rocking 4A and a color I don't hate I'm not sure what I'll do since it seems like stock hard tops can't support the weight we need anyway 🤦🏼‍♀️

Last edited:

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

woah woah woah. So If my dealer has 6 allocations but some aren’t buildable, then Ford will send them scraps from the parts bin ?
Yes, shiny new 4dr big bend soft top broncos for walk-in sales are scraps. :)
Sponsored