Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As you're all painfully aware, production at MAP will be down 2 of the next 4 weeks as suppliers - mainly Webasto - struggle to produce nearly enough to satisfy the build demand. The thought behind the shutdowns is to allow these suppliers to get a running start, so to speak, for the start of "full speed" production on 8/2.

With that said, there is hope. MAP has absolutely hit its stride with Bronco production, and the entire production process from the body shop through final assembly has been completely smoothed out and perfected. Both yesterday and today, Bronco's dedicated body shop pumped out 200 complete Bronco shells *per shift*. This is a HUGE step forward in moving towards the 8/2 target.

As for blend of Broncos to Rangers on final assembly at that point, expect anywhere from 5:1 to 7:1, as commodities allow. With lots across the country struggling for inventory and so many Ranger configurations still buildable throughout these shortages, I expect that Ranger production won't be completely strangled.

Even with the June and July builds that were pushed back to August, there are LOTS of production slots for the August schedule that will soon be filled. I expect many more of you to receive VINs and build dates in the next few weeks.

The biggest problem remains Webasto, and MIC hard tops will complicate the more straightforward build scheduling they were hoping for well into MY2022. IF you have a reservation from late July or later, want your Bronco soon, and can live with a soft top for a bit, take the option to switch to the HT prep kit soft top option that goes into production in September.

For you 2 door guys, early reservation holders should be hearing something soon. The fate of those late-July 2-door orders lie, unfortunately, in the newly-onboarded crew at Webasto.

Plans are still afoot to come back on 8/2 building as many as they can, but it's obvious the production blend won't be able to match actual orders until the roof issue is sorted... and we all know that's a ways off.

I'm a luck son of a bitch, my Bronco is sitting in my driveway now. I can tell you in all my experience that these rigs are worth the wait. Of course that's easier said on this side of the situation.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Even with the June and July builds that were pushed back to August, there are LOTS of production slots for the August schedule that will soon be filled. I expect many more of you to receive VINs and build dates in the next few weeks.
It will be funny to see people that had late June builds that got pushed to mid August behind people that get VINs next week.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It will be funny to see people that had late June builds that got pushed to mid August behind people that get VINs next week.
I will literally REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As you're all painfully aware, production at MAP will be down 2 of the next 4 weeks as suppliers - mainly Webasto - struggle to produce nearly enough to satisfy the build demand. The thought behind the shutdowns is to allow these suppliers to get a running start, so to speak, for the start of "full speed" production on 8/2.

With that said, there is hope. MAP has absolutely hit its stride with Bronco production, and the entire production process from the body shop through final assembly has been completely smoothed out and perfected. Both yesterday and today, Bronco's dedicated body shop pumped out 200 complete Bronco shells *per shift*. This is a HUGE step forward in moving towards the 8/2 target.

As for blend of Rangers to Broncos on final assembly at that point, expect anywhere from 5:1 to 7:1, as commodities allow. With lots across the country struggling for inventory and so many Ranger configurations still buildable throughout these shortages, I expect that Ranger production won't be completely strangled.

The biggest problem remains Webasto, and MIC hard tops will complicate the more straightforward build scheduling they were hoping for well into MY2022. IF you have a reservation from late July or later, want your Bronco soon, and can live with a soft top for a bit, take the option to switch to the HT prep kit soft top option that goes into production in September.

For you 2 door guys, early reservation holders should be hearing something soon. The fate of those late-July 2-door orders lie, unfortunately, in the newly-onboarded crew at Webasto.

Plans are still afoot to come back on 8/2 building as many as they can, but it's obvious the production blend won't be able to match actual orders until the roof issue is sorted... and we all know that's a ways off.

I'm a luck son of a bitch, my Bronco is sitting in my driveway now. I can tell you in all my experience that these rigs are worth the wait. Of course that's easier said on this side of the situation.
Thanks and thanks to the team busting ass to build our trucks. I love just watching the plant run on occasion! Yo da man and enjoy your Bronco!

Sponsored

Groundhog

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak, '21 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Happy to hear you have your rig. And thanks for your insight. Labor Day reservation for a Wildtrak here and holding out for the MIC top. Hopefully spring delivery is a likely expectation.

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As for blend of Rangers to Broncos on final assembly at that point, expect anywhere from 5:1 to 7:1, as commodities allow. With lots across the country struggling for inventory and so many Ranger configurations still buildable throughout these shortages, I expect that Ranger production won't be completely strangled.

To add to your production numbers and mixes, I was looking today at the 2 door to 4 door ratio through the body shop. Out of 400 units, 100 were 2 door, just in case the 2 door brigade wants to know.

Congrats on your new steed!

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco Production update: As shutdown weeks loom, MAP hits its stride. Early 2 door reservation holders should hear something soon 1625016861845

8/16 can’t come fast enough! And I can’t believe I’m saying that, cause that’s about when I go back to work... 🤦‍♂️

NurseA.J

Outer Banks
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch Lux 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you Ross!!! You’ve been amazing with the info! I have a 7/14 res for 2 dr Badlands MIC lux, 2.7 ! I will remain hopeful! 😎

Sponsored

Laddyaddy19

Black Diamond
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima, Evo X, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

thanks for the very helpful update and congrats on your new ride!! Hope lots of us get into those August slots!!

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If anyone deserves to have a Bronco in their driveway, it’s you! Thanks for the update.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bronco's dedicated body shop pumped out 200 complete Bronco shells *per shift*.
Cool! I look forward to 400 “my Bronco has arrived!” posts per day. 😜

Status
Not open for further replies.