Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think we see a mod top appearance in 2023....but most likely Q2\3.

My estimate is contingent on whether the factory build-out team decided to illegally deforest land again.
Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just paint the one you get?

A703402C-8F3F-4AC2-A118-7FAA73FF07BD.jpeg

67AC680A-8023-4B47-8B83-F80107C72672.jpeg
The MIC top and the modular top are not the same. The modular top was SMC/Fiberglass versus the molded plastic of the MIC. Much easier to paint, should be more rigid, maybe even better insulating from the elements/sound. At this point, I want nothing to do with the MIC top whether it can be painted with enough prep work or not. Sliding back to '23 for the mod top wouldn't hurt my feelings at all tho if the Adv Fiberglass Concepts top were available for the 2DR I'd be all over it. Not sure why the doubt on the mod top being available for '23. It's been in the works since the beginning and they've had more than a year to work out the kinks in the process behind the scenes. If anything, I'm surprised they haven't brought it back sooner to alleviate the pressure on the MIC situation.

Last edited:

JetG

First Edition
First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Macan Turbo w/PP & 2016 911 Turbo Vert
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The MIC top and the modular top are not the same. The modular top was SMC/Fiberglass versus the molded plastic of the MIC. Much easier to paint, should be more rigid, maybe even better insulating from the elements/sound. At this point, I want nothing to do with the MIC top whether it can be painted with enough prep work or not. Sliding back to '23 for the mod top wouldn't hurt my feelings at all tho if the Adv Fiberglass Concepts top were available for the 2DR I'd be all over it. Not sure why the doubt on the mod top being available for '23. It's been in the works since the beginning and they've had more than a year to work out the kinks in the process behind the scenes. If anything, I'm surprised they haven't brought it back sooner to alleviate the pressure on the MIC situation.

Agreed but good luck on the MOD top as I ordered one initially and was disappointed that it was not produced and still no date of it being made in sight. I will try and see if I can get a Raptor allocation and then decide what I want to do with my FE. Keep it or sell it and get the Raptor but I really like the 2dr so it is a toss up at the moment.

Last edited:

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think it's just some thinking:

They've had delays of x,y,z that keep getting pushed back/things changing, so it's entirely plausible even with the added time that there could be another delay/that it could be "late availability" despite being a '23 option.
Sponsored