First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Surprisingly quick... Ships from Indiana, I am in Michigan not that far.
Ordered tire carrier on Wed, parts arrived on Friday and Saturday.

The initial Bumper order shipped out fast also.

I ordered from Real Trucks as they are cheaper than ordering directly from LOD. Also you can sign up for email and I was able to use 10% off price coupon codes.
Sponsored

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Getting excited, I may not wait for the weather to warm šŸ˜‚

B4B8C272-6B82-4A75-A1B4-AC892B9B87C3.jpeg

449014DA-B897-48E5-9299-2ACA3E6E1B99.jpeg
Get that thing installed yet? Howā€™d the install go? Iā€™ve heard 2x now about the carrier not staying position once locked down and needing fab. work/welding to hold. Itā€™s supposed to act like a wedge against the bumper mount to hold position.

I know the bumper comes with a filler plate since the bumper doesnā€™t extend all the way under the gate and to the body. Why not just extend to the body?

Iā€™ve noticed too the sides of the bumper donā€™t appear to fully cover the body sides too, which doesnā€™t look good.

Ford Bronco Rear Bumper show off thread 8CD3C44B-96B2-4A45-B2A1-9AF7447F2A73
Ford Bronco Rear Bumper show off thread 69B8289F-F3A9-4584-A503-180076C63A70

OP
OP

bronco_ed

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I pulled the old bumper and tire carrier off today. Fairly easy, was surprised that the oem tire carrier is plastic

Pulled the sensors out installed the two center ones in the LOD bumper no issue. However the sensors on the ends will not fit into the LOD bumper. Going to give them a call tomorrow to see what they suggest.

This the sensor housing type that has issues.

0935C2E2-806A-4B2C-8FC6-53AB98C9853F.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

bronco_ed

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Show a picture of the ā€œADDā€ bumper with the tail gate open.

How does it fit upā€¦

Thanks,

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

4WP rear bumper. Better angle.
Ford Bronco Rear Bumper show off thread 20230325_102911

OP
OP

bronco_ed

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I decided to take a look at the carrier to see if I can do anythingā€¦. Tail gate reinforcement bracket added and the hinge mechanisms added without tightening. Per instructions keep loose these will require the adjustments before tighteningā€¦

To go farther I need the sensors in, the swing arm mount bolts in front of the sensor.

Per LOD the bumper will not accommodate the angled sensor retainer. I would have to compare but my guess is the angled sensor comes on vehicles with the sasquach package... I ordered retainers that are used in the two center sensors they seem to work.(Per LOD) Ford only had one in stock. A little modification to the retainers is still required due to the steel being thicker. I am curious how the sensors work afterwards as I know the end sensors will be on a slightly different angle.

A little disappointing but I had to tell myself their priority is making a good off road bumper. I doubt they are as concerned about the sensors.

Since the expedition bumper is similar i would image the same scenario.

Ford Bronco Rear Bumper show off thread A6350104-A5AF-4D7D-9242-50A4DAC10027

Last edited:

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I decided to take a look at the carrier to see if I can do anythingā€¦. Tail gate reinforcement bracket added and the hinge mechanisms added without tightening. Per instructions keep loose these will require the adjustments before tighteningā€¦

To go farther I need the sensors in, the swing arm mount bolts in front of the sensor.

Per LOD the bumper will not accommodate the angled sensor retainer. I would have to compare but my guess is the angled sensor comes on vehicles with the sasquach package... I ordered retainers that are used in the two center sensors they seem to work.(Per LOD) Ford only had one in stock. A little modification to the retainers is still required due to the steel being thicker. I am curious how the sensors work afterwards as I know the end sensors will be on a slightly different angle.

A little disappointing but I had to tell myself their priority is making a good off road bumper. I doubt they are as concerned about the sensors.

Since the expedition bumper is similar i would image the same scenario.

Ford Bronco Rear Bumper show off thread A6350104-A5AF-4D7D-9242-50A4DAC10027
Anymore progress? Any issues with the wedge alignment and bolt-up to the rear bumper? Iā€™ve heard of a couple guys who had issues there where after they aligned and snugged everything up, the carrier shifted slightly. They ended up tack welding the spindle or welding a bead on top of the wedge to make it slightly taller to snug things up.

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anymore progress? Any issues with the wedge alignment and bolt-up to the rear bumper? Iā€™ve heard of a couple guys who had issues there where after they aligned and snugged everything up, the carrier shifted slightly. They ended up tack welding the spindle or welding a bead on top of the wedge to make it slightly taller to snug things up.
The wedge Iā€™m referring to

Ford Bronco Rear Bumper show off thread A4AE54C4-208F-4165-BFFE-D589771C065E

Sponsored

thatch11b

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4 DR Softtop
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Barricade HD Extreme
Ford Bronco Rear Bumper show off thread 6FDFB905-211D-49AD-AC5F-200D0EB6BBD7

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Show a picture of the ā€œADDā€ bumper with the tail gate open.

How does it fit upā€¦

Thanks,
Sorry, just saw this. Pic with it open, started loading up, heading to Baja in a week.
Ford Bronco Rear Bumper show off thread 1AABDEFC-F182-4A02-8808-B33B5076B253

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
For me, seem like if you are going to go to the trouble of replacing the rear bumper, it should include the tire carrier to take the pressure off the tailgate.

Still waiting for some options with that setup (and without the Bronco tax)
Agree with the intent, but the cost of entry is thousand(s) more than tailgate reinforcement.

Also the reason why I went with the JCR rear bumper and anxiously waiting for the Hammerbuilt hinges and plate to pair with this.

Looks wise, I don't care for the cheese grater inset panels like the ADD or DV8, so this simple streamlined look works for me. Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro flood lights fore and aft hooked up to upfitters via the @Natai junction box method.

Ford Bronco Rear Bumper show off thread 20230305_130358

Last edited:
OP
OP

bronco_ed

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The retainers finally came in on Friday, I was able to pick them up before they closed. Saturday I got the sensors all set, I was hoping to get my brother over to help lift the bumper but he was at his cottage so I waited until Sunday. He never answer my callšŸ™.

I used buckets, blocks of wood and my floor Jack to get the bumper on myself.
Adding the swing was fairly easy, I installed the bearing shaft into the bumper before installing. You need to swing the gate from the very end lifting it up and down and tighten the large nut slowly to get it to its final seated position.
I am ready to get the tire portion on however I stopped and will go through the instructions it seems like there would be too much of a strain to get the carrier portion parallel with the tail gate as it sits. I think some adjustment is in order to get it to lean forward the vehicle a bit more. Once I do that I will mount the tire and start with the final adjustments.

DA0A2FD8-A499-467F-A7CE-4E415392F0F5.jpeg

OP
OP

bronco_ed

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The wedge Iā€™m referring to

Ford Bronco Rear Bumper show off thread DA0A2FD8-A499-467F-A7CE-4E415392F0F5
Since you mentioned of others having issues. I want to make sure the "wedge" was properly seated. I made a wooden "wedge" to make sure that it was tapped into place firmly. I wonder if they may not have had the wedge seated in place before tightning all the way. Another thing I mentioned was to make sure the bearings are seated all the way down. I see that this could be easily overlooked as it takes a bit of rocking to finally get it seated.

After all is said and done, I will give you an update to see if there are issues after I have driven with the set up on for a while. All of the nuts provided are standard and there is no lock washers. Once I have the bumper and tire carrier aligned and adjusted, I am going to go and add lock tight. In the future, I may also change some of the key areas to lock nuts.

At this point I have not found the install to be difficult. I am hoping the adjusting portion is not a headache :)
Sponsored