Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hope you feel better soon.

In looking for a new rig don't be afraid to look out of the area. I just went to 6.5 hours away for my new Wildtrak, saved $5k under MSRP on my new 24.

Deals are out there but you do have to hunt for them.
Sponsored

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can tell you i personally see all kinds of discontinued parts AND frames on modern trucks well newer than 10 years old. discontinued truck beds also total trucks.
Newer makes sense, not older. We still hold frames for ford explorer / sportrac when they were built as full frame vehicles, now the explorer is on a cradle. So many times you see a vehicle totaled for air bags, but insurance will pay to reframe a vehicle

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

USAA is mine, other driver was uninsured.
Thanks for the advice.
Uninsured, in Cal....I'm shocked..............................................................

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Newer makes sense, not older. We still hold frames for ford explorer / sportrac when they were built as full frame vehicles, now the explorer is on a cradle. So many times you see a vehicle totaled for air bags, but insurance will pay to reframe a vehicle
Yeah, it’s odd. For sure. I don’t care what is messed up, i have to follow the law for the policy/state. 75% in Louisiana to include repair + salvage + taxes. Mississippi is repair + salvage >100%…. Texas no frame swaps period…. It’s crazy how non standard it is…. Some cars the airbag/seat is 6000!!!!!!! Some its $500

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve been out of work since it happened due to neck and back pain, hopefully only temporary, have a follow up appointment with the doc next week.

I really hope it can be fixed and isn’t totaled out. Waited forever for this car and feel really attached to it.
In 2021, I had a guy pull in front of me. He was turning right on red and didn’t look. I hit his drivers side door at 30+. My shoulder and neck have not fully healed. Still seeing my chiro. Orth surgeon says there is nothing to do.

Sponsored

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Emiphb

Emiphb

Outer Banks
First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Spoke with the dealer I got my last bronco from, they have a cactus grey black diamond 4 door coming in next week. They will also give me z plan pricing! Unfortunate event, but I’m looking forward to my new rig!

FJCruiser

First Name
Jimee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’ve been out of work since it happened due to neck and back pain, hopefully only temporary, have a follow up appointment with the doc next week.

I really hope it can be fixed and isn’t totaled out. Waited forever for this car and feel really attached to it.
It's replaceable. You, are not. Bronco saved your life!

Sponsored

FJCruiser

First Name
Jimee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I feel you. It's a whole state of terrible drivers. In Santa Fe, at least 20% of the people on the road shouldn't have a license due to age and lack of response time. I literally almost killed an older woman about an hour ago- I was headed home on a side street, and she ran a stop sign, pulling out in front of me. I stopped less than a foot from her car- the bumper would have gone through the driver's side door at a right angle. And she looked at me and shrugged.

How do you know a driver is from New Mexico? They are the third car through the red light....
Green chile colored Bronco.

AndGerry

Wildtrak
First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wishing you a quick recovery and glad that your car situation got sorted out…

Last edited:

CGCarolinaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base (Hubby) 2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Here is my frame damage and the car that rear ended me
IMG_6060.jpg
442441317_10160259451428310_4922025412361027027_n.jpg
- The rear of my body tub is twisted down. The door gaps on the driver's side are messed up, bumper/tailgate are toast and the rear driver's side body mount is almost ripped out of the body. The entire cargo floor is bent upwards.

I can't even get someone to give me an estimate and it has been to 5 body shops. I have called 9, 4 of them didn't even want to look at it/aren't capable of the work after seeing the damage, 4 didn't even want to make an appointment to see it, and the one has had it for 3 days without an estimate.
Put it in your insurance hands. They will help out with that. At 20k they should just total it. I’m sure that’s not what you want to hear. But as much damage as that is, it may never drive the same. And its depreciated value now due to a wreck.

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Glad you’re OK, and you’ll be much happier with a brand new Bronco rather than driving a heavily repaired vehicle that will be suspect to repair related issues/diminished value, etc. down the road…

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Ridiculous that in this day and age we have so many uninsured drivers. And even if they are insured, it is for so little because they haven't updated the minimums in decades. Property damage was only $10K in FL, here in PA the minimum for property damage is only $5K.
Dude, we are talking CA here, part of their premium cost is for uninsured motorist. A friend of mine was rear ended last October by a driver that had insurance. She had to go to the hospital via ambulance and though there was not that much damage to the car, she had shoulder surgery the week before so it aggravated her shoulder.

Its now almost June, she had to pay the ambulance bill, hospital bill and tow bill because the other guys insurance refuses to pay even though he was cited but she was getting demand letters from the aforementioned. She has a lawyer but the other guys insurance is slow walking this.
Sponsored