Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does anyone else feel like the rear of their Bronco is too stiff? I have a 2 door Sasquatch which means that I'm damn near sitting over the rear axle. 2 Doors will certainly feel it more than the longer wheelbase 4 door. I also have a RC hidden winch up front and have removed the front sway bar. Both of those effectively soften the front suspension but even before doing that the rear felt over sprung compared to the the front. I don't need a lift or a new suspension but I would sure as hell go for some softer rear springs. That or I'm going to need to add some weight behind the rear seats to get rid of the harshness.

Am I the only one?
Sponsored

zerk4321

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When I first got my 4-door Bronco I thought the same thing. I heard others talk about how soft the suspension was and was confused. I saw a couple of other people post that said the rear felt pretty stiff to them. After 1,500 miles and a longish off road trail and I feel like the rear has softened up, but that may be my imagination, because my son was sitting in the back on the trail and said that he felt like he got the short end of the deal!

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Some suggestions....Try running your tires at a lower PSI. Check with your local off road shop if there is a non suspension upgrade that will help. But ....King 2.5 shocks or Fox shocks swill make it ride noticibly more plush on-road and give you more performance off road. You can sell you Sas shocks pretty easily.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does anyone else feel like the rear of their Bronco is too stiff? I have a 2 door Sasquatch which means that I'm damn near sitting over the rear axle.
Try sitting in the front seat. The back seats are over the rear axle. ;)

OP
OP
67BroncoG1

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Some suggestions....Try running your tires at a lower PSI. Check with your local off road shop if there is a non suspension upgrade that will help. But ....King 2.5 shocks or Fox shocks swill make it ride noticibly more plush on-road and give you more performance off road. You can sell you Sas shocks pretty easily.
I'm running the front tires at 34 and the rear at 32 psi. This isn't a shock issue but rather a spring rate issue and more specifically a balance in spring rates between the front and rear. As stated the winch and sway bar delete are making it more obvious. I wouldn't ditch the factory sas shocks because it isn't a shock issue but I would consider a softer rear spring. I might try going to 28 psi in the rear tires. I also wonder if leveling the front would help re-balance the truck. Perhaps a small shim under the bottom of front strut where it bolts to the LCA would help.

OP
OP
67BroncoG1

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Try sitting in the front seat. The back seats are over the rear axle. ;)
I did qualify it with "damn near". Yes the rear seats are over the axle but the fronts aren't too far from it.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lol

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This could be it. Tires ship at 50 psi to keep them from bouncing around on transport. If dealer did not air down to 35 (I run my 4 Dr at 37 psi) that extra 15 psi will stiffen the ride quite a bit, plus be dangerously high

Sponsored
OP
OP
67BroncoG1

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This could be it. Tires ship at 50 psi to keep them from bouncing around on transport. If dealer did not air down to 35 (I run my 4 Dr at 37 psi) that extra 15 psi will stiffen the ride quite a bit, plus be dangerously high
That is the first thing I did (see post #7). Mine was delivered at 50 psi all around.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I feel mine was too stiff before I shaved my bumps....for example we have two railroad crossings here 1000 feet apart, and when I scoot over them I used to feel the rear buck up or a firm "wham" as the rear went over. Now with the overzealous bumps shaved, I no longer feel the rear kick up when taking those impacts.

I still do feel like the rear springs are a bit stiff.

OP
OP
67BroncoG1

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I feel mine was too stiff before I shaved my bumps....for example we have two railroad crossings here 1000 feet apart, and when I scoot over them I used to feel the rear buck up or a firm "wham" as the rear went over. Now with the overzealous bumps shaved, I no longer feel the rear kick up when taking those impacts.

I still do feel like the rear springs are a bit stiff.
That is the exact feeling I'm getting.

osoblanco

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't have my Bronco yet but I hit the gym a bit hard and it hit back. Post subject made me smile, I'm probably waiting another four or five months before my order gets scheduled so I gotta take it where I can get it.

AlexInNY

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 428; Grand Wagoneer; MB 230E; Pacifica
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I feel the same thing and was hoping for more float and less kick. My 34” ridge grapplers are at 35 psi. I’m going to set them to 31 and chalk test them.
Sponsored