Sponsored

Rear window rattle? Anyone have and solve this??

SeanMTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Before the internet tars and feathers me, yes, I know I didn't buy a luxury sedan and a vehicle that is made to have parts removed will always have some noises or rattles.

That said, I have a rattle in the rear that seems like it's coming from the window itself. It's almost constant and happens on any terrain. Anyone have this issue and resolved it? I'd love to know where it originates from.

Thanks!
Sponsored

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I had similar thing happen to me in my 2 door. I kept hearing rattling noise so thought it was one of the rear windows. It was driving me nuts so I had my girlfriend drive while I sat in the back. turns out, it was something inside the tailgate (it's a known issue with inner hinges I think)and not the back windows. Not sure if the same thing is happening to you but it may not be the window itself but rather the tailgate door

OP
OP
SeanMTX

SeanMTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had similar thing happen to me in my 2 door. I kept hearing rattling noise so thought it was one of the rear windows. It was driving me nuts so I had my girlfriend drive while I sat in the back. turns out, it was something inside the tailgate (it's a known issue with inner hinges I think)and not the back windows. Not sure if the same thing is happening to you but it may not be the window itself but rather the tailgate door
Thanks TX! I'll see what I can figure out. It's maddening to not know where exactly it's coming from. I can't solve it if I can't find it.

rpaluch1

Outer Banks
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Besides the potential of something loose in the tailgate the rubber window seal that the tailgate snugs against has a tendency to dry out and sound like squeaking water bottles in a case. Put a coating of a rubber lubricant on it. Ford recommends a lubricant called Krytok purchased from Ford. Works great on the seal and other squeals but is expensive.

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thanks TX! I'll see what I can figure out. It's maddening to not know where exactly it's coming from. I can't solve it if I can't find it.
Have someone drive it up and down the street while you're in the back seat. That's how I ended up finding where the noise was coming from. I was told tailgate noise is covered under warranty and will require a brand new tailgate if i'm not mistaken so in my case I figured I'd rather live with it than have the mechanics at dealership tear through my brand new car. Others recommended spraying WD-40 on the hinges (I'd be careful with that because it is paint thinning)Anyways, good luck

Link to previous tailgate rattle noise

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/gnarly-tailgate-rattle.20393/

Sponsored

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Before the internet tars and feathers me, yes, I know I didn't buy a luxury sedan and a vehicle that is made to have parts removed will always have some noises or rattles.

That said, I have a rattle in the rear that seems like it's coming from the window itself. It's almost constant and happens on any terrain. Anyone have this issue and resolved it? I'd love to know where it originates from.

Thanks!
Not sure if anyone mentioned it, did you drive with the rear window open to see if the noise is gone or still there?
Do you have a tailgate table attached? that also may be the source

Dan-O

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Thanks!
I have also heard of the rattling sound that comes rear tailgate area and people said it is from some kind of wire loom inside tailgate rattling, I personally have not had this problem.

TXDOZER

Base
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Basesquatch & 2020 Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did you find the fix? I've got the same thing. Metal on Metal rattle. Wonder if something came loose inside the tailgate when removing the spare tire mount?

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

TXDOZER

Base
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Basesquatch & 2020 Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Thanks!
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

Padawan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Read and searched and listened. Finally found it. Where the tailgate touches the bottom of window for mine. I ran a piece of cheap door seal to pad the interface. Still works after two years. I asked the dealer to fix and they said into the repair shop and evaluate then repair for couple days. Be very careful with discussion fix here on putting types of lube around ruining back gaskets-many don’t come off.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Thanks!
undderneth door are 2 rubber plugs
pull them off loosen nut puch to outside of door aqnd retighten i did mine it worked
watch you tubes window flop on bronco
Sponsored