Sponsored

Front and Rear Diff Service: Drain and Fill Plug?

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was browsing the WSM for servicing front and rear diff fluid — it seems as though the fill and drain plugs are single use on the M210/M220 diffs. Does anyone have a lead on where to find those part numbers? My search skills aren’t cutting it.

Ford Bronco Front and Rear Diff Service: Drain and Fill Plug? 1673916729340
Sponsored

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was browsing the WSM for servicing front and rear diff fluid — it seems as though the fill and drain plugs are single use on the M210/M220 diffs. Does anyone have a lead on where to find those part numbers? My search skills aren’t cutting it.

1673916729340.png
I’d personally feel comfortable reusing a plug, whereas OEM prefers new fasteners everytime.

Isn’t there a parts list attached to the WSM procedure? From most documents I’ve come across, they tend to have an itemized list

OP
OP
SPITmadFIRE

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d personally feel comfortable reusing a plug, whereas OEM prefers new fasteners everytime.

Isn’t there a parts list attached to the WSM procedure? From most documents I’ve come across, they tend to have an itemized list
I’ve only seen itemized parts lists on TSBs, not in each chapter of the WSM. They list “Materials” at the beginning of certain procedures but usually it only references the fluid, or special tools needed.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No need to discard the plug. Taken my front out 4 times already. Had a cv axle issue.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

6C2Z-4N282-AA

Double-check me... or ask your dealer's part counter if that is correct. I'm working on a cell phone right now and the dealer parts website is horrific on mobile.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SPITmadFIRE

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No need to discard the plug. Taken my front out 4 times already. Had a cv axle issue.
6C2Z-4N282-AA

Double-check me... or ask your dealer's part counter if that is correct. I'm working on a cell phone right now and the dealer parts website is horrific on mobile.
You both rock, thanks! Will double check the part number shortly

OP
OP
SPITmadFIRE

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

6C2Z-4N282-AA

Looks correct to me! Even referenced correctly on the parts diagram, it seems.

Ford Bronco Front and Rear Diff Service: Drain and Fill Plug? 1673920649758

OP
OP
SPITmadFIRE

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like the drain plug is 6C2Z-4N282-AA but the fill plug is E8UZ-4N282-A as far as I can tell?

Ford Bronco Front and Rear Diff Service: Drain and Fill Plug? 1673920845741

Last edited:

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a chance in hell I'd be buying a new plug unless I lost one. I thought the 7MT TSB bolt replacements was a bit overboard but this is just too much.

OP
OP
SPITmadFIRE

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a chance in hell I'd be buying a new plug unless I lost one. I thought the 7MT TSB bolt replacements was a bit overboard but this is just too much.
Just like your idea about those single-use driveline bolts, I’m pretty sure these drain/fill bolts have some sort of thread sealant pre-applied. From taking a look at the product images and the fill bolt on my front diff, it seems like they have some sort of white thread sealant on the threads.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just like your idea about those single-use driveline bolts, I’m pretty sure these drain/fill bolts have some sort of thread sealant pre-applied. From taking a look at the product images and the fill bolt on my front diff, it seems like they have some sort of white thread sealant on the threads.
Likely. I've seen sealant on drain bolts before. I've also put them back in without it.

I'm thinking about getting the Metalcloak rear diff cover. I should ask them to send a bag of extra plugs and see what they say. 😁

OP
OP
SPITmadFIRE

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Likely. I've seen sealant on drain bolts before. I've also put them back in without it.

I'm thinking about getting the Metalcloak rear diff cover. I should ask them to send a bag of extra plugs and see what they say. 😁
Hopefully they just send you a couple rubber toilet tank stoppers on a little chain
Sponsored