MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not my list of ' must haves', I don't know which options on the Bronco will become must haves in the market place, but every vehicle tends to have options that become must haves.

The problem with us, meaning people on this site, or any car forum, we are not the average buyer, enthusiasts go way too deep in the weeds.

And you can build any vehicle into a higher trim if you have the money and ability, but it won't be cost effective, unless you are saying optioned from the factory, in which case no you can't. Ford made it so you can't option into other trims.
It seems with the Wranglers the list of must haves down the road is always mechanics; engine, lockers, gearing..... Unlike the Wrangler that made you spend an extra $20K to jump to the Rubicon to get the goodies, the Bronco offered every mechanical feature an off-road enthusiast wants (minus disco), in the lowest trim, that being engine/transmission/axles/front locker/rear locker/gearing/lift/rims/AWD
Comparing a Base Sas to a BB Sas, your looking at 2 tinted windows, a steering wheel wrap, and a $50 grab handle, pretty sure I can get there with my $5k in savings, seems easily cost effective. Also adding $50 BD sliders and the Ford skid plate kit, seems pretty cost effective also.
Off-road enthusiasts aren't going to be looking for Apple play, or lane keep assist, a 12" screen, or what ever they call the automated cruise control 10 years down the road.....
Sponsored

LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My less than 6 month old Bronco went from purchase price of $52,000 to an offer from multiple dealers of $38,000. That is a steep depreciation, I thought these things held value? I know Ford is making more, but so is Jeep making Wranglers and they hold very good value.
Yep... the used market is absolute shit. Especially for trade-ins. Pisses me off too but not much can do except ride it out. Not worth losing that much money in the short term unless you're REALLY in dire straights.

My 59K Badlands purchased Aug 2023 is KBB'ing at 40K trade in. 44K and change private party.

I don't think Bronco, in the long run, will match resale value of Wranglers or 4-Runners. The sales numbers indicate that the hype is long gone. Plus no more trim level below $40K either.

Jruta

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A51 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Meh, Iā€™m almost 60. Bought my base Bronco as my first new car ever. Intending to keep forever, even if I get another vehicleā€¦

Jhopkinson

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX 4dr SAS, 22 Base 2dr SAS, 2021 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Values whether wholesale or retail fluctuate depending on the market. I think Bronco is down- I just saw a 2022 Base Sasquatch 2 door with manual transmission with only 775 miles sell for only 35K on BAT.
The manual trans killed it, most buyers just don't want manuals anymore.

Sponsored

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I traded my 2023 BD sas 2.3 auto in January for 41500. Sticker was 48xxx, 2021 pricing rebate was 4k or so. I think traded the bronco just in time.

mjp2

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been actively watching nationwide used Bronco prices for about a year and a half. Over the past 3 months the sweet spot dealer asking price for a '21 Badlands manual lux has been $36,900. Once the price drops to that point it sells within 2 days.

I paid $1000 over that for mine just this past weekend, but it was my ideally optioned truck, in the right color, in the right location, at the right time and I didn't want to miss out on it. Mind you, there were 2 price drops on the truck in 5 days so the dealer was looking to move it. 37k miles on it.

Building the same spec new Bronco today is $60k.

Last edited:

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When at the dealer there was a guy who was trying to trade in his B raptor. He paid $120k for it (adm) and was getting offered $74 one year later. That had to hurt.
If someone paid $120k for a BRaptor and then wants to trade it in 1 year later, I assume they could not care less about losing $50k because they have tons of money. If thatā€™s not the case, then they are idiots.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Meh, Iā€™m almost 60. Bought my base Bronco as my first new car ever. Intending to keep forever, even if I get another vehicleā€¦
65 here, I bought my base Sas 2 years ago and it was the most I ever paid for a vehicle. My intention was to keep to forever too although the maintenance and replacement cost for parts is atrocious. I don't know if I can afford to keep it in retirement and I don't have a payment. I do all of my own basic maintenance- oil changes, tire rotations although if anything at all goes wrong, especially the sensors start acting up I see 3K and up repair bills........I hope resale value stays high in the event I need to downsize and get a new cheap economy car......and not electric, LOL

JawnyBronco

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

ā€˜23 Heritage 4dr Manual MSRP - 48,490
Plugged it into KBB -
Trade - estimated 20k mileage - 47,356
Trade - actual 7k mileage - 49,561
Private - 55,144

itā€™s just nice to knowā€¦

Sponsored

LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep... the used market is absolute shit. Especially for trade-ins. Pisses me off too but not much can do except ride it out. Not worth losing that much money in the short term unless you're REALLY in dire straights.

My 59K Badlands purchased Aug 2023 is KBB'ing at 40K trade in. 44K and change private party.

I don't think Bronco, in the long run, will match resale value of Wranglers or 4-Runners. The sales numbers indicate that the hype is long gone. Plus no more trim level below $40K either.
To follow up on my own postā€¦ A definite factor in my case is 2dr vs 4dr. Building two identical builds but 2 vs 4 door on the 2024 (mine is 2023) build site shows a price delta of roughly $3k.

But in KBB, the delta for my 23 with 26K miles, between a 2 and 4 Dr is a whopping $7K delta.

i wouldnā€™t give up my 2dr and donā€™t regret it but that is surely something to consider if resale matters.

Riverjeep

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My less than 6 month old Bronco went from purchase price of $52,000 to an offer from multiple dealers of $38,000. That is a steep depreciation, I thought these things held value? I know Ford is making more, but so is Jeep making Wranglers and they hold very good value.
Honestly I think the offers you have gotten are about right for what you have. $52,000 less $38,000 is a loss of $14,000 on a year old Bronco. In just a few minutes checking one of the local dealers I found a '24 Black Diamond with a $7000 discount. Keep in mind this is for a brand new on the lot well equipped Black Diamond. The gravy train days are over with used Broncos, every local dealer I visit is covered up with them.

Bronco_Nole

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco, ā€˜21 Wrangler, ā€˜11 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Base
ā€˜23 Heritage 4dr Manual MSRP - 48,490
Plugged it into KBB -
Trade - estimated 20k mileage - 47,356
Trade - actual 7k mileage - 49,561
Private - 55,144

itā€™s just nice to knowā€¦
Replying here because I was checking out the KBB for my Bronco as well today.

Long story short my wife found out she was pregnant with our first a month or two after I purchased my 2023 2-door base 7MT, zero options, bought it in March 2023. Iā€™ve since added running boards, roof rack, bronco emblems on the side, 31ā€ mud terrains with the stock alloys, and nice seat covers front and back. Just enough goodies where itā€™s a really classic, old school look how I wanted.

Anyhoo- Iā€™ve got to crawl through the back tailgate to get the baby in her car seat, so Iā€™ve considered getting rid of the bronco and picking up a truck.

KBB shows $38,800 as an average trade, which admittedly seems high.

Just had a dealer offer me $25k on a trade. I wasnā€™t exactly pleasant in my response.
Sponsored