indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I always caution about this stuff, you better like it a lot, because once going down that road, you are stuck with it. Bed liner and cockroaches will be the only two things left after a nuclear war. :)

On a personal note, I bought a Jeep TJ having some bedliner on the rear portion of the body tub. I had to do some repairs, and it was a lot of extra effort cutting through and removing some areas of the bed liner. Ended up using a sharp steak knife. Never again. My rule now - I will never buy any vehicle with more than a small amount of bedliner.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm on both sides of this here fence on this thing.
I've been contemplating repainting vs. lining mine when the day comes that it needs either.
Lining the whole thing is good rugged utility for off-roading where paint damage is a high probability. And it can look really good, rugged, and just plain tough.
However, it is a commitment.

Once it is on there, it is on there unless you have a ton of funds at the ready to pay for removal.
It's neither pretty to do or easy.

Back down to metal is the only way, and getting it there, especially in tight areas like door jambs and corners/seams is a nightmare.
Trust me, I've had to do it twice so far where someone bought a lined vehicle and wanted it taken off. Not cheap and definitely not easy to bring back something ready for slick paint.

I am 100% sure I would not have done this to a brand new Raptor, but the owner apparently was looking for this "look" and hopes they can sell it for a premium price after that. And I wish him/her the best of luck. It is a very, very narrow customer base that would be willing to pay that for this result.

As a few already mentioned, when I see something lined completely I question what is underneath all of that.
On a brand new vehicle the question ends up being simply "why?" vs. a 2001 TJ where you wonder how much rust/bondo/cobbled up mess is hidden.

I kinda like the rugged look but again, a Code Orange sought-after Raptor? I don't know that I would have made that same choice (especially to try and flip it), but what's done is done.

Some Gamer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm not a fan of red vehicles myself but I do Like it! I agree with a couple others on here who mentioned going 2 tone with a black or white top but I still like it as is.
I priced out single color wraps in my area at between 6-$10,000 vs 4-6k for full bed liner coverage and the liner is pretty much indestructible. The liner itself would weigh about 100-175lbs for full vehicle coating.

Last edited:

Sponsored

darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the trails I do, I'll never be able to keep the paint fresh and I already have a HUGE tree shaped dent in my driver's door. When it gets bad enough I plan to bedline the fenders, doors, quarters and windshield pillars black or dark gray. Going to leave the hood and tailgate cactus gray.

zman1988

Wildtrak
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I actually like the liner look/utility for off-roading (have pinstripes on mine already), just not the color or the matching top. I agree with some that doing it right away seems silly, I would wait until the paint needed to be re-done.

Red is one of those colors that you either love or hate, to each their own. For the Bronco, I would not go with red. A dark green, A51, or white/black will probably look way better with a lined top that's closer to the MIC top color.

And you have to be 100% in on it, cause it looks like a pain in the ass to take off.

Just one man's opinion.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is an internet myth. It does not weigh that much. I met a guy who did this and it was no where near what everyone on the internet says it is.

here you go >> https://linexscpa.com/line-x-products/how-much-weight-does-a-line-x-bedliner-add/
Thanks for the common sense!
In all actuality the product weighs about 11 lbs per gallon.
If you even used 2 gallons to heavy-coat a vehicle, that's 22 lbs.
Then subtract the solvents and VOC's that evaporate/cure out of it.
Nowhere near 500.

Some Gamer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't think it looks that bad. I do like this done in more of the earth tone/military colors like Army green and tan.

The factory paint is so soft I understand why people are doing this.

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That Raptor Bronco most likely will be pink in a couple years. Good luck selling it, whoever owns it.

DallasCajun

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I actually think it's a decent look...a LOT of red but don't mind it. Now the long-term implications of maintenance and resale are another matter but as far appearance it's certainly not the worst mod I've seen on a Braptor much less a Bronco.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok how does one wash this, with the bugs and what-not imbedding in it? I'm thinking of plasti-dipping my hood bug shield.