First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When driving through town with the Navigation screen on, there are red dots that show up on the screen. Does anyone know what these are? I will try to attach a picture.
Also, when you change the setting so that North is always up, when you shut the vehicle off and restart it, you always have to change the setting back to North is up? Any suggestions?
Sponsored

BroncoTrail

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, when you change the setting so that North is always up, when you shut the vehicle off and restart it, you always have to change the setting back to North is up? Any suggestions?
yea, this annoys the hell out of me

Sadams27

Outer Banks
First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I sometimes have the red dots. They look like bread crumbs. Could be signifying the location of the Bronco when it shares connected vehicle data with ford. But it only happens occasionally so I think it’s a bug of some sorts

Eddie Bauer

Badlands
First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Pathfinder
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They are in fact called breadcrumbs, and you can turn them off in the navigation system I believe.

OP
OP

BroncoOB22

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They are in fact called breadcrumbs, and you can turn them off in the navigation system I believe.
I think the breadcrumbs are blue and are used so that you can track your path.

Sponsored

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Breadcrumbs. They have recently changed to red for better visibility on screen. Any time your rig sees you go “off road”, they kick on automatically

North Up. 2D vs 3D. Miles vs KMs. These, and probably others that we haven’t encountered yet, are a handful of bugs with Nav at the moment

OP
OP

BroncoOB22

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Breadcrumbs. They have recently changed to red for better visibility on screen. Any time your rig sees you go “off road”, they kick on automatically

North Up. 2D vs 3D. Miles vs KMs. These, and probably others that we haven’t encountered yet, are a handful of bugs with Nav at the moment
Ours has never been offroad. It is really random driving through town

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ours has never been offroad. It is really random driving through town
Anytime I drive down my driveway, I get some breadcrumbs. You can fully be in a city, but if you drive in a location that Nav thinks is “off road” you get crumbs. We don’t make the rules, it has its own criteria to meet.

I believe you can turn it off if it’s bothersome to you.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Turn off breadcrumbs in the settings. However when you put your vehicle in 4x4 mode (not sure if it's 4H, 4L, or the goat that does it) But the bread crumbs will come back while off roading and wioe out on each restart.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When you see those dots it means the government is enacting their tracker on your Bronco and trying to get an exact location to come and get you. When they go away, it means they realized they were looking for someone else and stopped tracking you :D

But seriously, resetting things upon a restart is one of my biggest pet peeves of this vehicle - I'd like to leave the screen off sometimes, and I'd always be in Sport 2H if it would just stay there. How hard can that be?

Sponsored
OP
OP

BroncoOB22

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Turn off breadcrumbs in the settings. However when you put your vehicle in 4x4 mode (not sure if it's 4H, 4L, or the goat that does it) But the bread crumbs will come back while off roading and wioe out on each restart.
It's not bread crumbs

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When you see those dots it means the government is enacting their tracker on your Bronco and trying to get an exact location to come and get you. When they go away, it means they realized they were looking for someone else and stopped tracking you :D

But seriously, resetting things upon a restart is one of my biggest pet peeves of this vehicle - I'd like to leave the screen off sometimes, and I'd always be in Sport 2H if it would just stay there. How hard can that be?
I know huh. So take this scenario.. You're exploring some unknown territory, have the breadcrumbs showing you the way home... You stop for more than 30 minutes to clear some debris out of your way and the Bronco shuts off and wipes out your way home :)

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know huh. So take this scenario.. You're exploring some unknown territory, have the breadcrumbs showing you the way home... You stop for more than 30 minutes to clear some debris out of your way and the Bronco shuts off and wipes out your way home :)
Now I'm stuck in the woods on my way to granma's house?
Sponsored