Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
reddit's new policy on 'hate speech'

'While the rule on hate protects such group, it does not protect all groups or all forms of identity. for example, the rule does not protect groups of people who are in the majority or who promote such attacks of hate'

they went through and banned over 2000 subs yesterday, including a very large number of conservative subreddits. They have now stated that racism is A OK as long as it is against white folk. And hate speech is ok as long as it is again white people, conservatives, and ironically, men (who are a minority as compared to women).

Unfortunately, there is not a good alternative. as they've removed groups, those groups have moved to a few different platforms. However those platforms are almost primarily those groups that were banned from reddit, so they are their own opposing echo chambers.

They even banned such subreddits as /rightwingLGBT because those LGBT members are 'wrongthink' and do not agree with the LGBT party line.

I will note that there were a few left wing subreddits banned such as /antifa. But /blackpeopletwitter (which you must prove via picture that you are black to post in) is still up, as is /fragilewhiteredditor, while its opposing subreddit got removed.

Yesterday there was a post on /politics that made it to /bestof that was supporting a 'science' article saying that conservatives are mentally deficient and that liberals are biologically superior to them. And then of course all of the discourse that followed leading towards eugenics and such...still up, still there.

Just looking to start a conversation regarding thought policing and PC policing, and the apparent attempt by ever large social media conglomerate to seperate groups and turn everything into the echo chamber of their choice, be it facebook, twitter, reddit, etc.
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would describe my political views as “fed up with everyone” and this is such bullshit. They banned Weekend gunnit which was by far my favorite subreddit. Wall Street bets is probably going to get banned too down the line. Sad to see.

OP
OP
JimmyDean

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would describe my political views as “fed up with everyone” and this is such bullshit. They banned Weekend gunnit which was by far my favorite subreddit. Wall Street bets is probably going to get banned too down the line. Sad to see.
I would not be surprised to start seeing bans on the firearm subs soon for 'reasons' like 'promoting violence' or something, even when they are mostly just build or range posts.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would not be surprised to start seeing bans on the firearm subs soon for 'reasons' like 'promoting violence' or something, even when they are mostly just build or range posts.
100%. The whole point of Reddit was free speech around whatever you wanted. I get banning the subreddits that would brigade other subreddits (which both the_donald and Chapo trap house were guilty of on so many occasions) but subreddits that are just do their own thing... leave them alone. Just sad to see free speech starting to disappear on the internet, and I feel like a lot of the “alternatives” just won’t catch on.

OP
OP
JimmyDean

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
100%. The whole point of Reddit was free speech around whatever you wanted. I get banning the subreddits that would brigade other subreddits (which both the_donald and Chapo trap house were guilty of on so many occasions) but subreddits that are just do their own thing... leave them alone. Just sad to see free speech starting to disappear on the internet, and I feel like a lot of the “alternatives” just won’t catch on.
well, arguably many of the other subreddits do it as well. SRD was horrid about it, that was their entire point. It took them doxxing and threatening someone's life on national media to get banned. FPH was accused of doxxing for the reason for their ban, but they literally just posted a public list of imgur employees, hardly doxxing when your employment list is on your home page.

It seems the last few years there has been so much regression in people discussing differing opinions. No one wants to discuss, they only want to have an echo chamber, otherwise they stick their finger in their ears and call for the removal of opposing opinions/thoughts. Or resort to vitriol to chase dissenters away. And now all of the pop up sites are their own echo chambers for groups banned from other major sites like reddit.

I get these are private companies, and not subject to having to allow free speech and what not, but there really seems to be a commercially and politically driven effort to suppress certain opinions and label anything else as 'wrongthink' or 'racist' or 'nazi' or 'antifa' or such.

it is disheartening, because unless these opposing groups can learn/relearn to talk and discuss together and compromise, division will only get worse until the inevitable.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JimmyDean

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the shot.

Not only is racism totally fine when directed at whites, but we're told we are the only group that is not allowed to take its own side. On top of that, we're expected to actively speak out and work against our own interests or else face the woke mob's ire. We shouldn't have to live like this.
I don't. I don't give a rat's ass what color someone is. I'll call 'em out for stupid shit, done or said, and praise them go good shit, done or said. Granted, I guess it is a bit anxiety inducing and increases stress slightly seeing the way some people talk about white folk, especially white conservatives, especially when it comes from white 'woke' folk. Or people blaming me for all their ills, as if I haven't worked for everything I have. I am pretty good at letting most things slide of me and not bother me, but I guess everything leaves a slight impression, and after enough of it is done or said it can really start to make a difference.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's why you vote against it. It's the only thing we have left to do. Can't let the PC culture take over we won't be able to take our guns for a walk in the woods in our new Broncos. :LOL:

PNW_Bronco94

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's why you vote against it.
I like your sentiment, but what candidate on the ballot would do anything about this? Sadly, I don't think my write-in vote is going to win. ?‍♂

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I like your sentiment, but what candidate on the ballot would do anything about this? Sadly, I don't think my write-in vote is going to win. ?‍♂

That is always the hard part but that is also why you can vote them out just as easy. If this new and rising force is allowed to continue it won't be long before we will be just like CHINA. And then everyone is pissed because they won't be hitting the trails in their Bronco anymore. They will make some excuse or reason why you can't. just like the gun thing. Well I got some news for those people ………….. You can have my gun, when you pry it from my cold dead hand !!!! ;)

FastM400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator L, Wrangler JKU, Noble M400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That is always the hard part but that is also why you can vote them out just as easy. If this new and rising force is allowed to continue it won't be long before we will be just like CHINA. And then everyone is pissed because they won't be hitting the trails in their Bronco anymore. They will make some excuse or reason why you can't. just like the gun thing. Well I got some news for those people ………….. You can have my gun, when you pry it from my cold dead hand !!!! ;)
Dead "HAND"? you mean your not going to go down dual wielding desert eagles?

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dead "HAND"? you mean your not going to go down dual wielding desert eagles?

After I posted it I thought about changing it to guns and hands. (y)(y):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The problem is, the media controls the minds of many American's. They've been brainwashed for decades. I don't think I will ever see a candidate that is actually of any value in my lifetime. It's always the lesser of two evils. 330 million people in this country and they always give us the choice of this corrupt pile of shit or this slightly lesser corrupt pile of shit. It's never someone intelligent that will actually help make things better.

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You have to see what gets done, the POLICIES, and how it applies to your beliefs. China CCP is not our friend, and America First seems like a common sense policy, as is the Constitution ....sorry for the rant.

The_Donald was banned by reddit because of false BS...nothing more.....it is all censorship. Now there is an alternate site, theDonald.win

Notice which side is getting censored. All the “media” is run by corrupt corporations, and they are the ones influencing elections.

Now my social score has just dropped 50 points, and someone is pounding on my door....gotta grab my bug-out bag and find krispy ;-)

Seriously THIS is the crap Soros’ paid basement-slugs post trying to discredit positive sites, and how citizen moderation works.

Ford Bronco Reddit's new policy 4587BA10-73E8-4C7A-9DDD-427C1E11ECCD
Sponsored

Last edited: