L. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wranglet
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Last week I ordered a 22 outer banks with most of the options- lux, hard top, moulded bumper & tow. Decided not to go with leather because I want to ride around in the summer with the roof off and don’t wanna get burned on the leather seats (plus sticker shock is setting in as this is already way more expensive than my wife expected). Roast cloth looks good in the photos, but not sure if it has power seats (the sales manager said “I’m sure it comes with a $50k+ car” 🤷‍♂️). Not really thrilled with the Outer Banks wheels and don’t need the Sasquatch package for the extra money. I really like the looks of the 33s on the badlands as it is more aggressive, but I guess I’m stuck or I’ll have to change to the badlands and not get some of the amenities of the OB (carpet, momochrome mirrors, handles etc). However, I went back to the dealer about the advanced 4WD. I won’t be doing much off road if any, but I live in Connecticut and we get snow, so I figure that is a good feature. But is it, and is it worth the extra $$? It looks like it changes the from the 3.7 ratio w/ open axel to the 4.27 locking rear. Can you get the auto without this? Am I better off with one over the other, assuming I probably won’t do much off road, but still want something good in the snow? Am I buying stuff I don’t really need? Do I go back again before it is too late and change the order (..and save a few thousand)? I know, there is a lot to unpack here, so amy help would be welcome
Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You had way too many questions for me to stay focused :) , but one answer I can give you is that you need leather to get the auto seats.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It might be more than you need (only you can answer that), but if you dislike the 32" tires, getting the 4.27 makes it less painful to upgrade to larger ones, either right away or when your Bronco is due for tire replacement. If you upsize your tires on 3.73 you might be wanting for power.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you regularly see snow and ice on pavement, get the A4 transfer case. It also, as you noted, gets you the lower gearing and an even lower multiplier if you ever do get into off roading. You want that auto-transfer case, it will improve both on and off road performance.

Sponsored

tobands

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX , 2014 Escape Titaimium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Last week I ordered a 22 outer banks with most of the options- lux, hard top, moulded bumper & tow. Decided not to go with leather because I want to ride around in the summer with the roof off and don’t wanna get burned on the leather seats (plus sticker shock is setting in as this is already way more expensive than my wife expected). Roast cloth looks good in the photos, but not sure if it has power seats (the sales manager said “I’m sure it comes with a $50k+ car” 🤷‍♂️). Not really thrilled with the Outer Banks wheels and don’t need the Sasquatch package for the extra money. I really like the looks of the 33s on the badlands as it is more aggressive, but I guess I’m stuck or I’ll have to change to the badlands and not get some of the amenities of the OB (carpet, momochrome mirrors, handles etc). However, I went back to the dealer about the advanced 4WD. I won’t be doing much off road if any, but I live in Connecticut and we get snow, so I figure that is a good feature. But is it, and is it worth the extra $$? It looks like it changes the from the 3.7 ratio w/ open axel to the 4.27 locking rear. Can you get the auto without this? Am I better off with one over the other, assuming I probably won’t do much off road, but still want something good in the snow? Am I buying stuff I don’t really need? Do I go back again before it is too late and change the order (..and save a few thousand)? I know, there is a lot to unpack here, so amy help would be welcome
no disrespect intended but from what you are saying the bronco is not really the vehicle you need. look at an explorer or some suv thats more in line for mostly pavement but 4wd for the snow,, just my opinion

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm going with the advanced 4WD. I have AWD (I know, it's not exactly the same) on my little Suzuki and I love it on wet or icy roads, especially out here in Colorado where you're switching from wet to dry pavement so often during the winter and spring. And doesn't it add the locking rear diff? I think it does.

Ditto what others said on the gearing.

OBX gets a lot of hate on this site but it's a great looking rig and the lowest priced trim that allows you to add the high package and advanced 4WD without up-Squatching it. New wheels, tires, a lift...plenty of examples on this site from people who have done that with terrific results. I'm leaning toward a 1" or 2" lift, or maybe just a lift/level in front, 34" tires, and keeping the same wheels but maybe getting them painted/powder coated.

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
one things for sure- you have plenty of time to think about it and change the order- most of us aren't getting this vehicle anytime soon!

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ditch the leather and save 2500. No power seats except leather but you still get 8 way adjustment plus lumbar. How often do you really need to adjust your seats?

Don't skimp on the drive train. Upgrade to at least 4.27 or whatever it is with the advanced 4x4. Get a locker if you can swing it. I ordered a Badlands so not as familiar with your trim.

Lux is worth it to me, but that's subjective. You can add aftermarket wheels cheaper than Sasquatch.

Sponsored

schiesz

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes. Changed out 2.7L and towing. Scheduke Kicked from July to November 1. If I knew I'd be delayed this long I wouldn't have changed my order.
How did you get a schedule for a 22 build? They aren't even in yet (Thought it was end of October for order banks to close and closer to the end of year for any 2022 scheduling).

Hornet

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How did you get a schedule for a 22 build? They aren't even in yet (Thought it was end of October for order banks to close and closer to the end of year for any 2022 scheduling).
I'm scheduled for Nov 1 - next month.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

no disrespect intended but from what you are saying the bronco is not really the vehicle you need. look at an explorer or some suv thats more in line for mostly pavement but 4wd for the snow,, just my opinion
Yeah, because he would be the very first person ever to buy a vehicle that didn't really fit his needs. 75+% of the people buying this vehicle(on this Forum and elsewhere) won't use it to nearly its capabilities and I'm low balling here. 95% of the time it's about what the heart wants. You do you L.J.
Sponsored