Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had the same dilema as the OP. I ended up going for a OBX, lux, leather and 4A.

The 4A was a big part of my decision as being my wife’s primary vehicle, we didn’t want to put it on and out of 4x4 mode when it snows. I liked it for the lower gearing and locking rear diff for when we get into more challenging off-road adventures. Also will get getting 17x9 rims and 33’s for the time being. Lower gearing would suit larger tires better than the 3.73.

We felt the same with the sticker shock, as our rig is $53K, however, my trade has increased by nearly $4,000 since we started on this Bronco order ordeal, maybe we could have gotten all this in a Badlands, but we like the look of the OBX better (gloss black grille, painted fenders, etc)

We are still waiting as our OBX is supposed to be built 11/1. I’m not canceling that to get a 22. I’m done waiting

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last week I ordered a 22 outer banks with most of the options- lux, hard top, moulded bumper & tow. Decided not to go with leather because I want to ride around in the summer with the roof off and don’t wanna get burned on the leather seats (plus sticker shock is setting in as this is already way more expensive than my wife expected). Roast cloth looks good in the photos, but not sure if it has power seats (the sales manager said “I’m sure it comes with a $50k+ car” 🤷‍♂️). Not really thrilled with the Outer Banks wheels and don’t need the Sasquatch package for the extra money. I really like the looks of the 33s on the badlands as it is more aggressive, but I guess I’m stuck or I’ll have to change to the badlands and not get some of the amenities of the OB (carpet, momochrome mirrors, handles etc). However, I went back to the dealer about the advanced 4WD. I won’t be doing much off road if any, but I live in Connecticut and we get snow, so I figure that is a good feature. But is it, and is it worth the extra $$? It looks like it changes the from the 3.7 ratio w/ open axel to the 4.27 locking rear. Can you get the auto without this? Am I better off with one over the other, assuming I probably won’t do much off road, but still want something good in the snow? Am I buying stuff I don’t really need? Do I go back again before it is too late and change the order (..and save a few thousand)? I know, there is a lot to unpack here, so amy help would be welcome
As you are not doing any off road, keep the model you have on order. Forego the electric seats as once you have adjusted them to your liking you will not have to set them again, and you save a big nut.
As to the tires, take the savings from the electric seats and buy some new wheels and 33" tires. Your rig will look great and you will be one happy owner.

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see a lot of these responses. What I don't see is a lot of those responses that take the OP's following statement into account:

"I want to ride around in the summer with the roof off"
This isn't, "I want an SUV with a sun-roof". The OP wants the roof off and for him that may be one of THE most important requirements. So if you want to recommend an SUV to him as an alternative please list your proposed removable-top SUV. There aren't that many, especially new.
The retractable canvas on a defender 90 may do the trick?

Sponsored

Glue Guy

Black Diamond
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Last week I ordered a 22 outer banks with most of the options- lux, hard top, moulded bumper & tow. Decided not to go with leather because I want to ride around in the summer with the roof off and don’t wanna get burned on the leather seats (plus sticker shock is setting in as this is already way more expensive than my wife expected). Roast cloth looks good in the photos, but not sure if it has power seats (the sales manager said “I’m sure it comes with a $50k+ car” 🤷‍♂️). Not really thrilled with the Outer Banks wheels and don’t need the Sasquatch package for the extra money. I really like the looks of the 33s on the badlands as it is more aggressive, but I guess I’m stuck or I’ll have to change to the badlands and not get some of the amenities of the OB (carpet, momochrome mirrors, handles etc). However, I went back to the dealer about the advanced 4WD. I won’t be doing much off road if any, but I live in Connecticut and we get snow, so I figure that is a good feature. But is it, and is it worth the extra $$? It looks like it changes the from the 3.7 ratio w/ open axel to the 4.27 locking rear. Can you get the auto without this? Am I better off with one over the other, assuming I probably won’t do much off road, but still want something good in the snow? Am I buying stuff I don’t really need? Do I go back again before it is too late and change the order (..and save a few thousand)? I know, there is a lot to unpack here, so amy help would be welcome
Order the one you love. Better to pay a little more than wish you had.

either way, you have time to change your mind.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you regularly see snow and ice on pavement, get the A4 transfer case. It also, as you noted, gets you the lower gearing and an even lower multiplier if you ever do get into off roading. You want that auto-transfer case, it will improve both on and off road performance.
I agree with this. In the winter just put the transfer case in A4 and forget about it. We drive my wife’s Jeep in the winter and tend to wait until hitting a slippery spot before popping it into 4wd, and we know better.

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The retractable canvas on a defender 90 may do the trick?
A good alternative but a comparable defender build will be about 10k more

Last edited:

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Too late for me to change, but if I did it would be completely different.

After changing mine about 5 times, I would now chose a 4 door Badlands in Cactus Grey. With MGV, and I would stick with the hard top no matter how long it took.

Today is the first day of the week that starts my EDD. Have not heard anything yet. Hope its not late. Or later then late. or delayed, delayed late, later then late.

Sponsored

Rob_Broncowski

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX, Ducati Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a very similar build (OB, advanced 4x4, locker, high pkg). The advanced 4x4 was the primary reason for jumping up to this trim. I like that my wife can drive this in bad weather and not have to worry about switching based on the road conditions. After seeing the 12" screen/360 camera combo I would be hard pressed to give that up now as well.

I'm not a huge fan of the wheels either but it's not so much related to the design as much as the silver accents. There were some pictures on this forum a while back with an OB that had the wheels painted all black and they look much better in my opinion. I plan to paint mine gloss/satin black and slap on some more aggressive 33" tires.

2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Regular No Sasquatach Real Life 1.jpg

2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Regular No Sasquatach Real Life 2.jpg

2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Regular No Sasquatach Real Life 4.jpg

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You had way too many questions for me to stay focused :) , but one answer I can give you is that you need leather to get the auto seats.
Me to way to many questions I think he needs to cutdown on the coffee and Red Bull

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've seen them both in person right next to each other. Once at the off-roadeo and once at my dealership's demo day event last summer. The OBX wheel looks very skinny and taller (because it is both) compared to the badlands. The badlands wheel and tire combo looked closer in dimensions to the sasquatch than the outer banks. Just my opinion. Oh, and I really wouldn't use the build and price renderings to do any kind of comparisons, you're much better off looking at photos and youtube videos.
This is spot on
I have a very similar build (OB, advanced 4x4, locker, high pkg). The advanced 4x4 was the primary reason for jumping up to this trim. I like that my wife can drive this in bad weather and not have to worry about switching based on the road conditions. After seeing the 12" screen/360 camera combo I would be hard pressed to give that up now as well.

I'm not a huge fan of the wheels either but it's not so much related to the design as much as the silver accents. There were some pictures on this forum a while back with an OB that had the wheels painted all black and they look much better in my opinion. I plan to paint mine gloss/satin black and slap on some more aggressive 33" tires.

2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Regular No Sasquatach Real Life 1.jpg

2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Regular No Sasquatach Real Life 2.jpg

2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Regular No Sasquatach Real Life 4.jpg
Thank you for sharing this. This is exactly what I'm having done this week except glossy black. My 33.4 inch tires are arriving tomorrow for mounting. Just on the fence about the 1 inch lift

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Me to way to many questions I think he needs to cutdown on the coffee and Red Bull
Lol I opened this thread a few seconds after op posted it and was about to attempt an answer but then realized I didn't have the stamina to try to address everything

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Regretting order? 2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Regular No Sasquatach Real Life 4

Ford Bronco Regretting order? 2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Regular No Sasquatach Real Life 4
Black works, but the white handles I’m not feeling.
Sponsored