Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is where I struggle...what makes you say that. Is it that much under powered, does it shift differently??? This is where the possible regret comes from, but not sure if it is even necessary?
What are you afraid of a 2.3 being underpowered? (Ie., towing? 4wheelin’? highway speeds? stoplight to stoplight? ). From what I read in this forum and other online discussions, the 2.3 would not be a dog in those scenarios. That said, if getting 2.7 is within you budget, go for it.
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1618851021693.jpeg

How am I the first with this? I’m disappointed in you guys.
I almost posted this awhile ago but got sidetracked and had to go drive and I missed the opportunity. This will always be a legendary gif.

Eisenhower19

First Edition
First Name
Brenton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150, Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
We have 2.3 in my wife's Explorer, and it gets up. I would chosen 2.3 if I could have gone mansquatch, or not have gotten an FE. Our Explorer doesn't have 35's, but has 20in wheels. It pulls great, and gets better MPG than my 2.7 F-150.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess I could say I almost regret not getting a base because of the tremendous up front value, but the time and money to get it where I would want made the BL a much smarter choice.

I regretted not adding towing, so I just did. I now also regret adding it, because it's a bad value.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

chowfun27

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you add the high or lux package on the badlands? I originally ordered a 2.7 sasquatch black diamond w/ mid package but revised it to a 2.7 sasquatch badlands w/ high package. If I was content with the mid package I would have 100% stayed with the black diamond. These are the differences between a sasquatch badlands and sasquatch black diamond...

Signature lighting
Interior color
Grille
Swaybar Disconnect

I would personally opt for the 2.7 over the above differences as everything besides the swaybar disconnect is just cosmetic but thats just me. Either way, carbonized grey is a great color!

Ford Bronco Order Regrets??? 7bf4285b88f20caa6158e7c2e5b37f34
Ford Bronco Order Regrets??? CRBG-BL-04

Last edited:

-=[P@]=-

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger 4.0L, '18 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would prefer the 2.7L over the 2.3L, but I chose MT over AT, and I am stuck with one engine choice. If the MY22 gets 2.7L with MT, I will be mad that I was not given info to make an informed decision!
If I knew my left knee was going to fail in advance I would choose the AT, but again I don't have that info in advance!
I think it's more likely that the MT gets discontinued before my knee goes out, so I'm going to have fun while I can!

Besides I can always buy another one to replace this my 8th Ford! The only repeated manufacturer out of 15 vehicles. Maybe I'll get right eventually?

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was afraid the 2.3 would feel anemic with Sasquatch so opted for the 2.7 as I was buying an automatic anyways. I would have given up Sasquatch for a 2.7 if budget had dictated such.
When the auto was included, I was on the 2.7. So I saved a bunch of money with the 2.3 manual. It should be fine. It’s geared low and has plenty of gears.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please don't hate, just showing my cards a bit.

I gave up on buying the Bronco about a week ago. After being pushed to my22 just because I wanted a modular black top, and with no guarantees that we won't be pushed even farther out if you chose some of "the deadly six" - my wife spoke some sense into this madness. She encouraged me to look around at other options in newer vehicles. I'm glad I did.

I ended up ordering a brand new Rubicon 4xE. Being a combo between gas and hybrid electric, the "new" and "tech" enthusiast side of me feels good about the swap. The 4x4 guy in me feels good about hitting the trails THIS YEAR instead of waiting a whole season just to get what I wanted from Ford. Once over on the Jeep side, there was no deadly six, no aftermarket scarcity, no hard top compromises - just an 8 week order timeline until delivery of a brand new hybrid 4x4.

TBH I would have loved a Bronco, but after getting to test drive the Rubicon 4xE I realized that the most I was really giving up from my badlands order was a larger touch screen and a wireless charging pad. It just felt too silly to wait a whole season just to get what I want from a 4x4, for the sake of a brand. I'm not loyal to Ford, Toyota, or Jeep TBH. I just want some summer fun and a new vehicle I'll love. So I moved on.

The lesson here - is that Ford is honestly their own stumbling block at the moment. Not even the Pandemic can honestly account for their mistakes in production, planning and communication this year. I'm sure the Bronco will eventually be a fantastic vehicle, but Ford has to get their process together - a year delay is a bridge too far - at least in my case.

For those of you who hold out or are lucky enough to snag a Bronco despite all this I wish you the best on the trails. No beef from me other than disappointment in Ford's execution of a product launch.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow that's a hard one. With the Squatch package, and the auto I think I would be questioning the 2.3L myself. But, with the gearing in the Badlands it may be fine. I have the 2.3L w/3.73 gearing and the 10 spd auto in my Ranger, and it is a little rocket. Also, the torque comes on quickly with the turbo. Maybe you can check, and compare weights between the Ranger, and the Badlands with the Squatch. That may help you with your decision. Good luck, I don't think there is anyone here, including myself, that hasn't been through the same indecision concerning our Bronco builds.

LOSTXGOLD

Base
First Name
TEO
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lostgoldx.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAV4, past: 2013 BMW 328i, 370Z, XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guess I could say I almost regret not getting a base because of the tremendous up front value, but the time and money to get it where I would want made the BL a much smarter choice.

I regretted not adding towing, so I just did. I now also regret adding it, because it's a bad value.

Yeah, the extra $500-600 for the towing hardly seems worth it, but at the same time, I would rather it be covered under warranty than trying to rig something up Myself. 🤣

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you’re trying to minimize regrets, the only regret would be if you eventually wished you had spent a little extra for the 2.7. You’re certainly not going to regret the extra HP and torque.
Sponsored