First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I suggest you do what I did - go drive a 2.3 in a Ranger and decide for yourself if it meets your needs. I have a 2019 F150 with the 2.7 so I’m familiar with that engine. After driving the 2.3 I’m also good with my decision to go 2.3 7MT. The manny tranny was an absolute must for me.

I plan on tuning the 2.3 at some stage, perhaps right away with the Ford tune. The mild tune I added to my 2013 Focus ST woke that engine up like nothing else. I added the Stage 1 tune in the first year and had no warranty issues.

There will be plenty of 2.3 performance options hitting the market in short order.

Stuff to consider.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is where I struggle...what makes you say that. Is it that much under powered, does it shift differently??? This is where the possible regret comes from, but not sure if it is even necessary?
If you want trail turn assist, get the 2.7. It was said in one of the videos that the brake boosters are different not allowing TTA on a 2.3L .

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Your approach was very much the same as mine. This is a retirement gift to myself and cost was a factor. I feel great with what I am getting with my final price line, just that motor issue was making me nervous. I'm thinking I am way overthinking it and just need to relax and wait for it to eventually arrive. Thanks for the responses.
If cost was a significant driver, then you have nothing to regret. The 2.3 will be a fine engine. I picked the larger one because I could but stepped back from Badlands to BD to keep my costs inline with my wallet. I'm trying to get to retirement so cost was a bit of a driver. BTW, congrats on making it to retirement.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No regrets. Ordered it exactly how I wanted, price was what it was. I didn't have a limit in my head before hand.

Sponsored

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BL, softy only, 2.3, manual. tow. That’s it and no regrets. If there’s something that I don’t like, I’ll order a new one.

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

giphy.gif

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was afraid the 2.3 would feel anemic with Sasquatch so opted for the 2.7 as I was buying an automatic anyways. I would have given up Sasquatch for a 2.7 if budget had dictated such.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is where I struggle...what makes you say that. Is it that much under powered, does it shift differently??? This is where the possible regret comes from, but not sure if it is even necessary?
I don't believe the 2.3L is underpowered at all, especially, with a tune, etc. I just feel more confident in the longevity of the technology used in the 2.7L.

I want a manual transmission which is why I am getting the 2.3L but the 2.7L should be the first choice of any reservation holder's automatic Bronco. I think the 2.3L-autos are going to be the switch cars when someone can't afford the fully-loaded lot vehicles with the 2.7L. I can almost guarantee Base 2.7Ls are not going to be ordered as lot vehicles in the future.

Sponsored

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The only thing I've changed so far in my build is the color...twice.

Zap74

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3. Volkswagen Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Balls to the wall= loaded BadSaS. No regrets!

BroncoDude

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Laddyaddy19

Black Diamond
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima, Evo X, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I struggled with a couple decisions before my order was placed. Color, 2.3 or 2.7, 2 door or 4 door, auto / manual, etc. I was initially a Black Diamond + Sasquatch and I was going to be satisfied. I originally wanted manual but ended up with automatic. In the end, I ended up with a Carbonized Gray, 2 door, Badlands + Sasquatch, 2.3 L automatic. I am completely satisfied with everything, but the only struggle (regret) I am dealing with is getting the 2.3L. This will not be a daily driver and that was part of my decision making process. I am hoping I made the right decision, but wanted to see if anyone was dealing with some of these same issues? Or maybe I am just looking for someone to say you will be very pleased with that motor after having one themselves ;):D
I was in a very similar predicament w/ my Bd Sasquatch 4 door. I chose the 2.3 for cost savings. There was a video with Vaughn Gittin (I think) and he said both motors drive pretty similar. You would have to pay very close attention to notice a difference. The HP numbers are pretty close. Torque is probably the biggest difference. I don’t plan on rock crawling my Bronco so I don’t think it’ll be a big issue. I do wish I had chosen race red over carbonized gray however. Oh well.. I’ll be happy either way.

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I placed my order and that was that. I learned a long time ago don't use the word "should" and you'll be fine. Maybe
Sponsored