Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
IMO, the steel bumpers don't look quite as streamlined as the plastic ones and I also like that the fogs are included with the plastic ones. I'm also trying to keep weight to a minimum since I ordered a 2.3 4-door and I imagine the added weight of the steel bumpers is considerable. Then again, I'm not really going to off road my Bronco - that's what my SXS is for. If you plan on actually off-roading (like going to parks and such) definitely get the steel bumpers cuz you will need them 100%. Haven't researched the winch situation/availability for the stock steel bumper but that would be my main concern if I was buying one.
Sponsored

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I regret not optioning it

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I dropped the off -road bumper thinking an aftermarket would be less expensive... I was wrong.
I decided to go aftermarket, but your right, the mod bumper price as a build option is a bargain.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
After seeing the “mod” bumpers on the Broncos on the rubicon I dropped it and will go aftermarket.

Sponsored

RubiconSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BadSquatch, 2021 JLUR, 2008 JK-X, 65 Elco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered the regular bumper & added a lift & 37s & rubbed like crazy. Luckily I was able to buy a modular from a fellow Bronco chick and I love it.
1) its way less cheaper getting it now than if you were to go ADD or ARB or any other front bumper after the fact
& 2) if you want to order the front modular after delivery, you still can not. I do aftermarket at my dealership & ordering isn't even an option yet. I'm sure it will be in the future, but for now its unavailable.
Looking forward to working with you when my Badlands is finally delivered to your dealership (where I have bought many vehicles over the last 15+ years). I've seen your bronco in person at the dealer and it looks great :)

For me, I dropped the modular bumper because it can't take a winch *and* maintain trailcam functionality. I figured why pay extra for a bumper I'll have to remove almost immediately. I don't know if you guys can sell non-Ford aftermarket, but I'm leaning towards Bodyguard Bumpers and they are not far away in Paris. If you can, I'll buy my bumpers through you instead of going direct!

1st4rd

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crosstrek, Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I kept the Mod bumper on my build and dropped the Tow package then immediately got scheduled the next round. I think Tow is by far the bigger constraint and the Mod bumper not so much. Also agree with others that it is a good price vs aftermarket bumpers.

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For what it’s worth, I ordered 11/2/21, SAS, 2.7L and modular being restraints but soft top and removed tow. I have my VIN and am scheduled for a March build.

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That is all great things that everyone is posting.

Okstate1010

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6.7 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There will be a lot of Mod Bumper take offs available in a year for pretty cheap when everyone starts switching things up. Winch options for Mod Bumpers are terrible IMO if you're wanting a winch, go aftermarket, if you're wanting a Mod, I'd just wait for a takeoff.

Sponsored

Blaine23

Big Bend
First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I went with the plastic bumper mainly because I never felt like I needed a steel bumper on my JK Wrangler. But once I saw them in person, I regretted not opting for the modular bumper.

Luckily I found a good deal from a forum member on a takeoff modular bumper and I'm going to replace mine. A word of warning though, it's not the simple replacement job. In order to replace the standard bumper with the modular, you have to cut off the standard tow hooks or replace the intercooler brackets.

Check out this thread - https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...d-bumper-for-heavy-duty-modular-bumper.23814/

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Love my modular bumper and the ability to install the lights I wanted. Also liked that I could run them through my auxiliary switches and turn each on independently. Love the look as well.

Ford Bronco Modular Bumper or No; Regrets?!?!? 20211230_150225

Ford Bronco Modular Bumper or No; Regrets?!?!? 20211224_105742

Ford Bronco Modular Bumper or No; Regrets?!?!? 20211224_105618

Ford Bronco Modular Bumper or No; Regrets?!?!? 20211224_105702

BiggieStallz

Wildtrak
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Going to drop the modular bumper off my order and get the DV8 OEM Plus front bumper.

The $900 price point isn't too bad, for me at least.
I like that DV8 OEM. Is that something you know how to install or do you have a good shop near you?

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I like that DV8 OEM. Is that something you know how to install or do you have a good shop near you?
It will be something I will install myself.

It shouldn't be too hard to install in a garage by yourself, but an extra helping hand is always useful and quicker.

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

love my mod bumper. Things to consider are aftermarket attachments will be heavily focused on it, not so much on aftermarket bumpers that have built in or company specific attachments.

For example, it'll be difficult to find baja design or diode dynamic light brackets that fit on a 4WP bumper or ADD bumper.
Sponsored