Claire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Jeep Wrangler, 21 Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Looking forward to working with you when my Badlands is finally delivered to your dealership (where I have bought many vehicles over the last 15+ years). I've seen your bronco in person at the dealer and it looks great :)

For me, I dropped the modular bumper because it can't take a winch *and* maintain trailcam functionality. I figured why pay extra for a bumper I'll have to remove almost immediately. I don't know if you guys can sell non-Ford aftermarket, but I'm leaning towards Bodyguard Bumpers and they are not far away in Paris. If you can, I'll buy my bumpers through you instead of going direct!
Awesome! cant wait to help build your new baby! do you have a vin # already?!
Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Modular here, was wavering until I saw it came with skid plates, that sealed the deal...

RubiconSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BadSquatch, 2021 JLUR, 2008 JK-X, 65 Elco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

MikeyFrog

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I didnā€™t option but now wish I did. Aftermarket bumpers are shorter and donā€™t look like they align with the SAS flares. Donā€™t like that look and will wait for a MOD takeoff I guess.

Sponsored

Kreation

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I opted for the standard bumper on my wifeā€™s 4-door Wildtrak and the 2-door Base that we have ordered as my wifeā€™s past Jeep Rubicon had the steel front bumper and it doesnā€™t look great for long with the paint chipping from stones / road debris and NE Ohio road salt.
This is something I've been wondering about myself, being in northern Canada we are usually colder then salt will work, but most counties still use salt mixed in with a base of sand on the roads. How have the Modular bumpers held up so far now a winter and a half or so in?

I'd prefer to have the brush bar given my local area I drive to see family and friends has a lot of deer. I know I'll get some damage, but hopefully save the rad or other parts to at least to some where if not close to home or a town.

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The fact that you have that question in your head, just order it, that will ensure you have no regrets.

Buckin Bronco

Badlands
First Name
ChoSunJuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you get the Mod bumper, you lose the fog lights. Question is, are just the lights deleted or is the whole wiring system and fog light button in the cab deleted too?

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you get the Mod bumper, you lose the fog lights. Question is, are just the lights deleted or is the whole wiring system and fog light button in the cab deleted too?
OP has a Base trim, so no fog light to begin with. My understanding is that if you have the High/lux package the wiring is there because of camera/sensors(?), and it's deleted on the base/mid packages, fog light button is deleted.

Buckin Bronco

Badlands
First Name
ChoSunJuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP has a Base trim, so no fog light to begin with. My understanding is that if you have the High/lux package the wiring is there because of camera/sensors(?), and it's deleted on the base/mid packages, fog light button is deleted.
Thanks

Sponsored

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love my modular and how it all looks.

NoloBronco

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okā€¦..So Iā€™ve adjusted my order (4 door base Squatch, 2.7L, soft top), taking off the Modular Bumper, hoping to get picked up with less options. Iā€™ve heard that Modular Bumper is still a constraint of like 36%.

Has anyone dropped the Modular Bumper, then regretted it later? I figure Iā€™ll add the bash plates later and will look at an aftermarket bumper or takeoff Modular Bumper as people look to upgrade later.

Has anyone gotten the Modular Bumper and then regretted not going with stock bumper based on money spent for something not needed?

I will not be rock crawling and will mostly be on trails and such in the North East. Iā€™m not looking to abuse my Bronco, but enjoy creative exploring on trails and such.

Any and all feedback greatly encouraged šŸ˜
I would have regretted not getting the mod bumper. I believe it has a better look and feel.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I thought I'd really want the Modular Bumper, but wanted to get the pre-wired Fog Lights and switch (2021 did not have the Capable Bumper offered). I kind of thought it would be no big deal to swap in a Modular bumper later, but found that it involves a support for the intercooler as well, so not trivial (probably no more than any aftermarket bumper). So I'm stuck with my Standard Bumper, but I've been able to find a few enhancements to make it look different.
Ford Bronco Modular Bumper or No; Regrets?!?!? FrontLightBar

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I thought I'd really want the Modular Bumper, but wanted to get the pre-wired Fog Lights and switch (2021 did not have the Capable Bumper offered). I kind of thought it would be no big deal to swap in a Modular bumper later, but found that it involves a support for the intercooler as well, so not trivial (probably no more than any aftermarket bumper). So I'm stuck with my Standard Bumper, but I've been able to find a few enhancements to make it look different.
FrontLightBar.jpeg
What Iā€™ve seen so far if you wanted to add a MOD after you could sawzall the hoops off the bracket. Doesnā€™t look too difficult. Really itā€™s the price you pay after. If you sell your original bumper you could get the price a bit closer. Picking my Bronco up today..no mod bumperšŸ˜”

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like the OP, I dropped the HD bumper to get scheduled and it worked. Obviously I also gave up the Safari bar.

It was a practical decision (to improve my chances of getting the Bronco at all). Not thrilled with the capable bumper, but I am very happy with the Bronco itself, so the tradeoff was worth it. Been enjoying my Bronco everyday since I got it and would be seriously irritated if I still didn't have my Bronco 9 months later.

Been mildly looking for someone in the PNW who has the HD bumper and wants to sell theirs, and then I can get what I originally wanted...

So maybe a minor regret, but not a major one....I wasn't going to cut off my nose to spite my face. I wanted the Bronco more than I wanted the HD bumper.
Sponsored