Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was originally wild track but I changed from that to Badlands. I liked the vinyl seats and washout floor but I'm bummed I missed out on the HOSS 3.0 by going from WT to BL.

While not a huge deal the manual seat switch, with BL, despite having LUX was sort of a bummer. But also I've had electric seats before and I've also cursed those for being so slow. So I suppose that sort of cancels things out.

Also I think it's dumb BL doesn't have Sport mode. I plan on fixing that with FORScan but it's still dumb that I have to do it. Not really a regret but there are days where I wish I would have stuck with the WT.

But if I went with a WT I'd be bummed I didn't have vinyl seats and washout floor which came in handy today when I washed the truck out.

Regrets about getting a bronco and waiting nearly two years for it? Not at all.
I almost switched from a BL to a Wildtrak. I wanted the sport mode plus I liked the rims better. I stayed with the BL only because of the washout floors and vinyl seats. When my kombucha exploded when I opened it, I am so glad I stayed with the BL, because clean up was so easy, took a wet towel and wiped It off the seats.
Sponsored

Dannebrog53

Wildtrak
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak, Porsche Macan S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I love mine. Road noise isnt even as bad as some people make it out to be. Coming from sports cars with minimal sound deadening materials it is very tame. When its super cold the top creaks a little more than normal but def not a big deal to me.
Total agreement! Over the years Iā€™ve owned a a 1979 Bronco, 53 Willys flat fender with small block Chevy and a soft top, a couple of Porsche GT3ā€™s and a 68 Bronco. I drove the 53 Jeep from Nor Cal down to Riverside to pick up a surplus keep trailer and back again. It was also my daily driver come rain or shine. Soft tops are very noisy, drafty and they leak a lot. As stated above sports cars have minimum sound deadening and they often times have thin glass, loud engines and exhaust. From what Iā€™d read on the Bronco Forums I was concerned about the potential noise in the Wildtrak we had on order. We waited 2 years for it because I wanted the hardtop based on my previous experiences. When we finally got it and drove it home, I was surprised how quiet it was at 65 and below and the ride was a very pleasant surprise for a vehicle with its off-road capabilities. Iā€™ve driven my 68 and 79 Broncos over the Rubicon as well as the 53 Jeep that Iā€™ve also driven over Fordyce and thatā€™s where these vehicles excell. Our Wildtrak is almost as capable and more comfortable than my earlier 4X4ā€™s, no regrets here!

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And this one is still going. All for a troll. The internet must fuel the fire.

JB 208

Big Bend
First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does anyone have regrets buying their Bronco? I def do. Love the cool factor but thats about it. Build quality is of the charts terrible.
I donā€™t have any regrets. There are things I wouldā€™ve probably done differently had Ford had a better roll out. But thatā€™s on them. It couldā€™ve been an ā€œexperienceā€ but most dealers werenā€™t knowledgeable on the different options/ packages, etcā€¦. I got a squatch BB with 2.7 and a couple other things. Itā€™s perfect for what I am using it for. And night and day better performance than the jeep. I had a 2016 wrangler and a 2021 gladiator. The Bronco is a smoother more comfortable ride than either. The bronco also handles the snow and ice much better too. And the Rubicon Gladiator had manual seat reclines in a goofy spot. They all have there quirks. Weā€™re happy with the Bronco. 7,000 miles in and all systems still goā€¦

56huck

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No regrets. Itā€™s not perfect, but I still canā€™t stop grinning every time I drive it, or even see it in the parking lot.
Iā€™m taking it on itā€™s first snow run up to Lake Tahoe this weekend

Sponsored

Ctholl

Black Diamond
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk wrangler (bronco on order)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The noise from the back meaning the tailgate noise, this is a known issue, the removable top noise meaning the front portion, this is a known issue, The manual trans noise which many have had the transmissions replaced which is a known issue, On top of that the CEO of Ford has come out and said quality terrible.
Sell it and move on, one more bronco for someone who wants it

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
After 1 year of ownership, same thing I put in the other regrets threads. Should have checked the box for the aux switches and locker. Haven't needed either one yet but still should have just checked the box.

Docindahouze

Base
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No ragrets

7B67DBED-5B95-47C2-A8C0-D1E6A971DBAA.gif

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I regret that someone on the design team thought having the windows move down and up as a condition to a successful door cycle, was a good idea. This small regret intensifies during spells of frozen precipitation.
Every Mustang for the past couple of decades has done this. It's standard on Ford convertibles to get a better weather seal.

Sterlingreese

Base
First Name
Sterling
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base 2-Door 2.3 Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Iā€™ve been working so hard over the past few years to get in a position to get a new bronco. I remember when the rumors surfaced in 2017 that they were resurrecting the bronco and just how filled with joy I was that they were bringing it back. I remember the silhouette photo that was released and how much more excited I was about it. I remember getting goosebumps watching the release trailer. Before that I had wanted an old bronco since 5th grade. I am obsessed with broncos and am so close to being able to order one. I have done countless research and know exactly what I am getting into. Iā€™ve even test driven a few acting like I was thinking about buying one when I wasnā€™t anywhere near being able to afford one lol. Hearing people that were in positions to just meander on over to the dealership and order one and then completely blast it and bitch about it like they thought they were getting a Defender or something completely pisses me off. STFU and go buy a Lincoln if youā€™re so unimpressed. Itā€™s meant to be a badass off-roading machine that just happens to be able to drive on the highway legally.

EDIT**
I didnā€™t mean to sound like I wanted start a pity party lol. I was just adding emphasis on emotion.

Sponsored

HideoutBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Defender / 1985 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco is a value for it's capabilites. I bougt an off-road truck with 35s...I expect noise. I bougt a first year model...I expect a few random quality issues. Zero regrets 16 months and 22,000 miles later.

Bigmatt

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I find mine to be one of the smoothest and quietest 4x4ā€™s Iā€™ve ever driven. I think my XJ may have been a bit quieter. This bronco is a luxury vehicle to me.
Another thing I donā€™t get is the people saying the trans has a long, truck-like throwā€¦in my Jeep, first has your knuckle pinned against the dash and second is in the back seat. I barley move my wrist in the bronco.
Apparently broncos are loud, rough riding and many hate the black steelies. I donā€™t notice any of this and the wheels were a major plus.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The noise from the back meaning the tailgate noise, this is a known issue, the removable top noise meaning the front portion, this is a known issue, The manual trans noise which many have had the transmissions replaced which is a known issue, On top of that the CEO of Ford has come out and said quality terrible.
Well I assume you have never owned a multi purpose vehicle before, or at least an early run of something new. Its not a Maserati, not a Land Rover but a Bronco. And even with its small tolerable known issues I still smile driving it everyday. Out of the 10 or so Broncos I've owned around the world(military), this one is by far the most enjoyable.

The only regret I have is it doesn't have tow mode. Towing my bass boat everyday really sucks the fuel rapidly. Life is too short to haggle on the dumb shit. Fish on!!!!

BigMac

Base
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F150 and a lot of bikes
Your Bronco Model
Base
only regret is that I didn't get the modular bumper. Build quality is excellent on mine. The panel gaps are all small and consistent, paint flawless, everything functions correctly (so far)...now if I can just get used to not slamming the doors!
Sponsored