First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I struggled with a couple decisions before my order was placed. Color, 2.3 or 2.7, 2 door or 4 door, auto / manual, etc. I was initially a Black Diamond + Sasquatch and I was going to be satisfied. I originally wanted manual but ended up with automatic. In the end, I ended up with a Carbonized Gray, 2 door, Badlands + Sasquatch, 2.3 L automatic. I am completely satisfied with everything, but the only struggle (regret) I am dealing with is getting the 2.3L. This will not be a daily driver and that was part of my decision making process. I am hoping I made the right decision, but wanted to see if anyone was dealing with some of these same issues? Or maybe I am just looking for someone to say you will be very pleased with that motor after having one themselves ;):D
Sponsored

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm still going back and forth about the Sasquatch on my BB. The only reason: front locker. I'm not going to be doing hard-core rock crawling, but I know if you need it, you need it.

If I were confident I could do post-purchase install of a front locker without selling a kidney I wouldn't worry so much. I know I can get a lift and bigger wheels/tires.

Sponsored

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I approached it this way:
Must have MGV seats
Must total under $49,000.

That narrowed the choices significantly.

Then I picked what I wanted to be sure to keep my two non-negotiables covered.

OP
OP
K9Boscoe

K9Boscoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you get an automatic, then get the 2.7L
This is where I struggle...what makes you say that. Is it that much under powered, does it shift differently??? This is where the possible regret comes from, but not sure if it is even necessary?

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I would have absolutely done the 2.7 on a Badlands + Sasquatch....

OP
OP
K9Boscoe

K9Boscoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I approached it this way:
Must have MGV seats

That narrowed the choices significantly.

Then I picked what I wanted to be sure to keep my two non-negotiables covered.
Your approach was very much the same as mine. This is a retirement gift to myself and cost was a factor. I feel great with what I am getting with my final price line, just that motor issue was making me nervous. I'm thinking I am way overthinking it and just need to relax and wait for it to eventually arrive. Thanks for the responses.

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I struggled with a couple decisions before my order was placed. Color, 2.3 or 2.7, 2 door or 4 door, auto / manual, etc. I was initially a Black Diamond + Sasquatch and I was going to be satisfied. I originally wanted manual but ended up with automatic. In the end, I ended up with a Carbonized Gray, 2 door, Badlands + Sasquatch, 2.3 L automatic. I am completely satisfied with everything, but the only struggle (regret) I am dealing with is getting the 2.3L. This will not be a daily driver and that was part of my decision making process. I am hoping I made the right decision, but wanted to see if anyone was dealing with some of these same issues? Or maybe I am just looking for someone to say you will be very pleased with that motor after having one themselves ;):D
The 2.3L makes more HP than any stock motor ever put in Bronco. The 2.3L will be plenty, and if not you can put in the Ford Performance tune later to add even more HP.

Sponsored

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@K9Boscoe -- you didn't mention where you fall in the allocations. The reason I mention that is because in my situation, I am dead set on the 7MT, which is only available with the 2.3L -- for now. If I get bumped to '22, which is very likely, maybe the 2.7L will be available with the manual.

As of right now, I do not regret getting the 2.3L because I have no choice. But if the 2.7L becomes available for me with the 7-speed, and I don't get it, then I expect some regret down the line.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

:p:D:D:D:p No regerts...

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I approached it this way - if the Bronco was readily for sale at all dealerships, I would be much smarter about by budget. Especially since we would be 'part of the flock' day 1. But given that there is an INCREDIBLY long wait, and that we will have "special vehicles" on the road throughout the next 12+ months, I decided to make sure it was that much more special, and checked the box for basically anything I was on the fence about. Ended up with a loaded 4 dr sas. If it were the other way around, I would probably get a high package in lieu of lux, non sas, with MGV/manual seats. My build would be closer to 50k (possibly inside of it) rather than closer to 60k.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All this time to figure out what you want and people have regurts? I don’t get it

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Must have MGV seats
Same here, except my bogey was Bronco + doodads <$45K as this is an occasional bad weather vehicle for me. Any more than that I'd start getting OCD and not use it for its intended purpose (specifically beat the sh!t out of it). From there it was pretty simple BD + 2.7 + advanced AWD, Mid, Tow, Nav. With Chapman pricing on that plus discount on accessories (running boards, Performance Pack, 3 extra steelies) I am right on budget aside from four snow tires I'll have to get eventually.
Sponsored