Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The only people thinking the 2.3 will be under powered are those who haven’t owned or driven one. My ranger rips it’s a feisty little motor.

There are plenty of ranger guys running 35s now despite the gearing kits not being available yet so that’s with the factory 3.73. The 10 speed transmission with this engine defies convention. A lot of the guys on 35s aren’t even planning on re-gearing when the kits come out. The bronco with its much better for 35’s 4.27/4.46/4.7 ratio is going to shock people what a 4 banger can do.
Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Please don't hate, just showing my cards a bit.

The lesson here - is that Ford is honestly their own stumbling block at the moment. Not even the Pandemic can honestly account for their mistakes in production, planning and communication this year. I'm sure the Bronco will eventually be a fantastic vehicle, but Ford has to get their process together - a year delay is a bridge too far - at least in my case.

For those of you who hold out or are lucky enough to snag a Bronco despite all this I wish you the best on the trails. No beef from me other than disappointment in Ford's execution of a product launch.
I don't quite understand this perspective. When the July RSVPs were being taken, the timeline was 1) order in December, 2) Production in Spring, 3) delivery late Spring or Summer.

The be honest, they are on schedule as far as I'm concerned. Sure, there are delays in some parts, most notably the Mod Top, which probably never should have been an option to begin with. Also, the excess in RSVP/converted orders have certainly caused some deliveries to
slip to 2022, which makes sense.

At the end of the day, they are rolling out a brand new vehicle during a challenging time. I dont feel slighted.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't quite understand this perspective. When the July RSVPs were being taken, the timeline was 1) order in December, 2) Production in Spring, 3) delivery late Spring or Summer.

The be honest, they are on schedule as far as I'm concerned. Sure, there are delays in some parts, most notably the Mod Top, which probably never should have been an option to begin with. Also, the excess in RSVP/converted orders have certainly caused some deliveries to
slip to 2022, which makes sense.

At the end of the day, they are rolling out a brand new vehicle during a challenging time. I dont feel slighted.
From my perspective, my build was pushed out into next year, which wasn't a reasonable ask from my perspective. If you ordered an Bronco and made no compromises in your build while also getting my21 delivery - I can see how that would be perceived as a smooth process. There are many posts across 6g however that show builds compromising for the sake of delivery or those unwilling to skimp on their ride who end up being pushed to next year.

My perspective is that an FE or 60k + Bronco shouldn't have to be compromising builds or worried about a deadly 6 to get their order on time. Once it was clear I would either have to dumb down my order or wait till next year - that was my breaking moment.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
YOU EFFED UP BIG TIME! DEFINITELY SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN THE 2.7L !

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Get what you want. Buy once cry once.
I added a few things, but knew exactly what I wanted from day 1. My only regret is not being able to get a mod top unless I wait until next year.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

If you get an automatic, then get the 2.7L
Yep, this. I started out wanting BL manual and accepted the 2.3 as part of it. Now going BD Squatch 2.7 and auto but pushed myself to MY22 for white top so still plenty of time for me to change my mind again.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What I wanted on reveal night ended up being what I went with in the end with the exception of the misses pushing me towards the 4-door🤷🏼‍♂️. Badlands, 2.7, Squatch with the body colored hardtop. Getting bumped back to MY22 even gets me green which is the color that I had in mind when I first heard the Bronco was coming back.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Black Diamond was equipped the way I would equip a Bronco if a had a kit of parts to choose from. I got one option, which is the advanced transfer case.

My color choice was easy... it's a BLACK Diamond, so duh...

And black is what color I get for all my vehicles anyway. So, no regrets on my choice.

LoloG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kind of wish I would've opted for the high package with the larger screen. I ordered a 4-dr, Badlands, 2.7, Squatch. It will be here in July so too late to change anything. It's a second car so I'm sure it will be just fine. Mid package had a lot already and the price was getting excessive for a "fun car". May not even matter...idk...I feel like I did pretty well ordering since I've never seen the dang thing in person.

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I struggled with a couple decisions before my order was placed. Color, 2.3 or 2.7, 2 door or 4 door, auto / manual, etc. I was initially a Black Diamond + Sasquatch and I was going to be satisfied. I originally wanted manual but ended up with automatic. In the end, I ended up with a Carbonized Gray, 2 door, Badlands + Sasquatch, 2.3 L automatic. I am completely satisfied with everything, but the only struggle (regret) I am dealing with is getting the 2.3L. This will not be a daily driver and that was part of my decision making process. I am hoping I made the right decision, but wanted to see if anyone was dealing with some of these same issues? Or maybe I am just looking for someone to say you will be very pleased with that motor after having one themselves ;):D
you will be very pleased with that motor.

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I can't think of a bigger regret than not going with the bigger, better engine. It's there for the taking....go get it.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sat in the bronco today if your getting an auto go 2.7 . I talked with one of the guys that drives them and he said the 2.3 manual is fun to drive and pulls great and thats in a 4dr.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Buying simply for the looks and the illusion. Always wanted the original Bronco, and these latest editions are close enough. I struggled with opting between OBX and BL. In reality, OBX does the trick. However, I have reached a place in life where I no longer worry about reality. High package, two Door BL, roof rack in Cyber is the winner. Since I am a MY 22, my only decision now will be if they add the white top. I would spring for that if the cost mimics the current painted black mod top. Other then that, MIC top works fine. If only they made a rear seat quick removal option for 22, then I would be set.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I struggled with a couple decisions before my order was placed. Color, 2.3 or 2.7, 2 door or 4 door, auto / manual, etc. I was initially a Black Diamond + Sasquatch and I was going to be satisfied. I originally wanted manual but ended up with automatic. In the end, I ended up with a Carbonized Gray, 2 door, Badlands + Sasquatch, 2.3 L automatic. I am completely satisfied with everything, but the only struggle (regret) I am dealing with is getting the 2.3L. This will not be a daily driver and that was part of my decision making process. I am hoping I made the right decision, but wanted to see if anyone was dealing with some of these same issues? Or maybe I am just looking for someone to say you will be very pleased with that motor after having one themselves ;):D
We are all in the same boat. Is 2.3 more than sufficient and a better choice for better gas mileage, or will 2.7 be the only motor that makes us happy? The answer will mostly depend on what kind of motor you usually like. If you tend to go for more power, you'll probably want the 2.7. My history with Ford models (both my own and those in my family) is that the standard motor usually does the job reasonably well, except in the economy vehicles. The upgraded motor usually satisfies the lead feet. Going strictly by the hp/tq/weight specs, it seems like the 2.3 should feel more than up to the task and not wheezy, but not neck-snapping, either.
Sponsored