Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got my RekGen front flaps (standard) and installed them. Really like them, even though I'm not a fan of mud flaps (but no choice). They are not stupid long; a solid length from a visual standpoint, which helps them blend in a little better. Will have to see how they perform. They fit nicely and very easy to install. From a materials standpoint, they seem very well made. Solid strength, pretty thick but some flexibility. Hardware is good quality. I see no impediment to modifying the attachment hardware to allow quick temporary removal for off road (will be working on that solution next week). Wish I ordered these originally instead of the other brand.

1653345023857.png
Did you ever come up with a solution for quick removal?
That's the last thing delaying my ordering these for the front.
Sponsored

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Did you ever come up with a solution for quick removal?
That's the last thing delaying my ordering these for the front.
Not yet but on my list to look into when things slow down a little.

BroncoRick

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I put on some front Trophy Sport standard lengths a couple of days ago, and I will say that they are definitely not long enough to stop stones getting chucked from the Sasquatch tires at the doors and rear fender flares. They definitely give some additional protection vs. having nothing on there, but you will still get stones thrown at your front and rear doors and fender flares. Go with the longer version of these at a minimum for stone protection, or a longer version from some other brand. The Trophy Sport standard length do look good, though, and are unobtrusive--just don't expect full stone protection from them.

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thanks for the write ups. Just ordered the front Trophy standard.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I reached out to Rekgen about when they'd have the Badlands flaps available. They said July which works out since my expected delivery date is late July

Sponsored

Skeld

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Will the XL Rek Gens fit an Outer Banks with steps? Also I already have the WeatherTech flaps and I'm not crazy about them so I'm wondering if installing these after will be an issue?

Bryced15

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just order a set of mud flaps for my future Bronco. More positive results on this brand compared to the others. $190 for front XL and rears. Ford $900, RokBlok $400. Looks like installation is much easier than RokBlok's. I will look to see what I can do to make them easy to remove for off roading. Thanks everyone for taking the time to post your reviews.
Went to order a set of XL front and rears and the price is now $341! I can’t believe Rekgen raised their price that much. What a joke

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just got the XL's installed on my OBX SAS this evening. Pretty painless once I understood how things attached and what not.

Unfortunately, got them on a little too late since I found a nasty nickel sized rock chip on my front passenger door
I’m looking at this same front setup for my OBX SAS. With the stock running boards, do you think the standard length flaps are adequate since the running boards probably help stop some rocks? Or are the XL length still a must?

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I assume this will make a big differance on the Wildtraks with OEM side steps, the mud flaps close that gap opening and hopefully the steps will keep everything else under them and not allow anything past the step, I'm hopeful since this is what I have coming soon!
How have your rock chips been with this setup? Was your hope that the factory side steps help stop the lower area from rock chips correct? I have a OBX SAS with the same side steps and am trying to decide between standard length or XL length flaps. Thank you.

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How have your rock chips been with this setup? Was your hope that the factory side steps help stop the lower area from rock chips correct? I have a OBX SAS with the same side steps and am trying to decide between standard length or XL length flaps. Thank you.
Hey man, sadly, my Bronco is still sitting, waiting to be shipped, so I won't have an answer until I get it. I am pretty confident from what I have heard and read from others, that putting any mud flap behind the front wheels makes a huge differance. I went with standard length after all the posts I have come across discussing this exact issue. XL seemed a bit to much for my taste :)

Sponsored

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sorry to hear that. You’re almost there! I just ordered the standard length ones. I felt the XL would just be too long + the side steps have to help some. Will let you know feedback once I get them, install them, and ride around for a bit with them.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just installed the Rekgen standard length mudflaps on my SAS OBX. Initial thoughts.....definitely fills the gap between my fender flare and running board, where that area was vulnerable for rocks to fly through. They are not very long, which is a good thing because they are more discrete. They hang about 1" lower than my running boards. Overall, look very good. Haven't driven enough yet to see how well they work, but I imagine they will work just fine. I thought about the XL version, but they are 4" longer which is a lot and didn't think I needed them that long since I have the protection from the running boards. Install was straight-forward in theory, but getting out the plastic factory screws was a bit of a challenge (some came right out and others you had to manipulate). It's OK if you just want to destroy them getting them out, because you don't need them anyway because you use the new ones from Rekgen. Also, the farthest interior screw was a PIA. I ended up needing a drill to get them in, as I just couldn't get enough force on a screwdriver or socket with the working angle of the tire.

Ford Bronco RekGen mudflaps! 1

Ford Bronco RekGen mudflaps! 3

Ford Bronco RekGen mudflaps! 5

4.jpg

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Are these really $426.00?

Ironiguana

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went with the OEM flaps on my Bronco but, I got a different style of RekGen flaps for my Ranger Tremor. I would say that their products are very well made, sturdy and strong with a great finish to them. I broke a welded bolt off one of my brackets and they mailed one immediately to me at no charge. I would recommend this Company's products.
Different style on Ranger (would not work on Bronco):
Ford Bronco RekGen mudflaps! RGrear
Ford Bronco RekGen mudflaps! RekGen5
Sponsored