First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
For those of you who don't have the remote start function on your keyfob, how do you use the app on your phone to start your Bronco? Is there a monthly fee to you that feature? Or is it free? If it's free then what's the point of putting the remote start on your keyfob other than having to take your phone out to start it?
Sponsored

OP
OP
BaseManSquatch

BaseManSquatch

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks, that makes sense. My current car is a Buick and it came with a remote start feature on the app, but I had to pay a monthly fee to use the app. A year later, if you bought the exact same Buick, it was free.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the remote start on my FOB, but I don't pay anything for FordPass and the functions are free. Had to pay for Onstar to get that stuff on my '11 Camaro.

I use the phone more often than the FOB, because if it is cold I like to start it before I even leave the building. However, if I am already in sight of the Bronco, the FOB is much easier because I don't have to unlock it and find the app. Although, I don't like how I have to hit lock first and then double click remote start on the FOB, why not double click only?

Haddixx

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2-Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I LOVE the remote start feature using the FordPass app, especially on cold nights leaving work.

I got the following message a few days ago in the FordPass app.

Does this mean I'll no longer be able to remote start using the app? Anyone else get this message? Does anyone know what driving this change? Seems silly to get rid of this feature.

Ford Bronco Remote Start - is there a fee? D38A5AB9-27B9-42BD-B68A-3C783AB51D2D

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I LOVE the remote start feature using the FordPass app, especially on cold nights leaving work.

Does this mean I'll no longer be able to remote start using the app? Anyone else get this message? Does anyone know what driving this change? Seems silly to get rid of this feature.

Do you have another vehicle in Ford Pass or just the Bronco?

MrsTuffPaws

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Sidekick, Nissan Cube
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ugh, I just received delivery of my Bronco this week. I haven't used remote start thru the app yet, but was looking forward to it. I have not seen this message yet, but I assume I will soon? idk

Regardless, I WAS wondering how far of a range the remote start, lock/unlock had. Is there a spec somewhere?

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The range is worldwide, as long as you can connect to the WWW. Lol I love opening my garage door in FL wile I’m in CA. It really impresses my cat sitter

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Whoah... would love to hear more about this. First I've seen of it. That would be big news if true

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Bummer! I use it all the time in the winter on my Sport. Won’t matter for the HE as I optioned out the MT. But I like to verify sometimes my doors are really locked be the old grey matter ain’t what she used to be.

Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Whoah... would love to hear more about this. First I've seen of it. That would be big news if true
I have a base XL work truck 2021 F250 and I haven't seen that message. I have it schedule to start every day at 6am before I leave for work

No FordPass updates on that or my two broncos have said anything yet

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t think FordPass connection continues on free forever. After the initial period, you will have to pay to continue using it like with all the other brands.

Haddixx

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2-Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have another vehicle in Ford Pass or just the Bronco?
I do have a Ford E-450 (it's the base of a Jayco Class C motorhome) but it hasn't been activated in FordPass and doesn't have any remote capabilities.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I don’t think FordPass connection continues on free forever. After the initial period, you will have to pay to continue using it like with all the other brands.
No, it’s definitely free for life now. When it first came out they tried to charge after a couple years, but not anymore.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a base XL work truck 2021 F250 and I haven't seen that message. I have it schedule to start every day at 6am before I leave for work

No FordPass updates on that or my two broncos have said anything yet
Yea I haven't seen it either and have multiple vehicles in my Ford pass. Gotta be something else going on there...I hope. The scheduled starts are a god-send when it's below zero and I'm working across the street from my Bronco.
Sponsored