Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I order mud flaps for my Big Bend from Granger. I was told that they would not need to drill mounting holes, that they would be attached them to the flares, which I happy with. But later, I wondered how would I remove the flares without disturbing the mud flaps and how stable would they be while mounted to the flares! AND, I thought I read somewhere on this forum that you couldn't get mud flaps when you ordered tube-steps, but Ray from Granger's Parts Department said there shouldn't be an issue. Oh well, I just want mud flaps so when I cruise to the mall the BB while be in pristine condition!
I just noticed your post. But the factory flappers attach to the flare. You can not remove the flare after. There were photos taken of the actual mounting on the Southern states Bronco Family Roadshow in April. I'll try to find the post with photos.
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks like there won't be a plain black flap option. The first one linked to IG shows the "Bronco" spelled out. The other is just the Bucking Bronco logo as shown here:

OP
OP

bronco3

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks like there won't be a plain black flap option. The first one linked to IG shows the "Bronco" spelled out. The other is just the Bucking Bronco logo as shown here:
A plain black option will be available, probably just not through Ford. I'll post some photos shortly!

OP
OP

bronco3

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here's a flyer we're working on, with Ford part numbers. The plates are removable, however as I mentioned in my last post, a plain black option without any plate will be available through other Truck Hardware Gatorback resellers (ie. SharpTruck.com in the USA).

Ford Bronco Removable mud flaps IMG_7568

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@bronco3 The Truck Hardware IG account sent me a number of photos via PM. I asked for permission to share them here. It shows fitment of the front flap with the rock rails. I don't know if you are one in the same with the IG account or if you can post photos yourself of the rock rail/flap fitment.

OP
OP

bronco3

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Base
@bronco3 The Truck Hardware IG account sent me a number of photos via PM. I asked for permission to share them here. It shows fitment of the front flap with the rock rails. I don't know if you are one in the same with the IG account or if you can post photos yourself of the rock rail/flap fitment.
Different person, but I think these are the photos you're referring to?

Ford Bronco Removable mud flaps IMG_8139
Ford Bronco Removable mud flaps IMG_8138

I'm not sure what's going on with that one washer. Hopefully just on the prototype.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks like it. I was messaging the IG account today and the vehicles that you had for fitment were loaners so you couldn't modify any parts (other than your own). We had talked about the rails and steps in how they have an end cap that can be removed and the rail/step can then be trimmed with the end cap replaced. They agreed and were looking to find local buyers who would be willing to use their rigs with steps or rails for trimming and fitment.

Sponsored

Santos

Badlands
First Name
Santo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977F100:1970 Mustang Fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I may consider these, we will be pulling a camper and it has a large front window with no shield.

OP
OP

bronco3

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks like it. I was messaging the IG account today and the vehicles that you had for fitment were loaners so you couldn't modify any parts (other than your own). We had talked about the rails and steps in how they have an end cap that can be removed and the rail/step can then be trimmed with the end cap replaced. They agreed and were looking to find local buyers who would be willing to use their rigs with steps or rails for trimming and fitment.
Unfortunately, after looking more closely at the CAD data for the factory side step, it doesn't look to me like simply cutting the side step shorter will be an option. It would be much more complicated than that. There are just too many complex holes/cutouts on the step that are used to attach the plastic cap. That said, it may be "possible" by someone with enough skill.

The rock rail looks like it should be very easy to shorten though.

Last edited:

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While I'm not a fan of look of Mud Flaps I'm considering getting them because I saw pictures of someone's newly delivered ride with chipped paint on the doors from kicked up rocks. Anybody else considering them for this reason?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While I'm not a fan of look of Mud Flaps I'm considering getting them because I saw pictures of someone's newly delivered ride with chipped paint on the doors from kicked up rocks. Anybody else considering them for this reason?
I’m on the fence TBH… I don’t love the look of mud flaps, but I did like the Gatorbak’s I had that were off-set (stuck out slightly). They also had a metal upper part, not plastic. They weren’t cheap but durable (which I’m sure these are too) and were just a little bit different from your average mud flaps.

If anything, if I can find some side steps that I like, I will likely go that route instead. It should help keep some rocks down, but also be helpful for getting in/out of the vehicle.

We’ll see… I need a build date first before I think too hard about this.
Sponsored