bronco3

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here's the installation video. It's not perfect, but gives a good idea how they're designed.

Sponsored

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

not available with running board models
From the discussion with Truckhardware on IG, they didn't have authority to make modifications to the Bronco. It was only a loaner for fitment. While they made design changes to accommodate the rock rail, they were unable to do so for the steps. But with further discussion, we both came to the conclusion that the rail can be trimmed. They are body mounted with end caps. The end cap can be removed and trim a bit and re-insert the end cap. They indicated that they have to wait until they receive their own or until a customer is willing to use their vehicle to modify for fitment.

That led to further discussion that the step doesn't need to extend as far as it does and it also would be a candidate for trimming by removing the end caps. Truckhardware doesn't think trimming of the step is suitable based on cad drawings only. They would have to get their hands on a set and have the authority to modify to do so.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is why you need them, at least on the front. If the doors are off you will get covered.

mud spray.jpg
Why didn't they just make the flares a little longer? I just want something that fills the gap so you don't get drenched with the doors off.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are these only available for the squach? Or is there an option for the standard flares?

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are these only available for the squach? Or is there an option for the standard flares?
They only had access to Sasquatch Broncos for fitment. But when you look at the installation video, the mounting bracket can be adjusted to reflect how much flap exposure there is. So on the standard flares, I presume it is just a matter of adjusting the flap prior to final mounting to match the amount of exposure that you desire.

OP
OP

bronco3

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Base
They only had access to Sasquatch Broncos for fitment. But when you look at the installation video, the mounting bracket can be adjusted to reflect how much flap exposure there is. So on the standard flares, I presume it is just a matter of adjusting the flap prior to final mounting to match the amount of exposure that you desire.
That's correct, they fit both flares.

Salem747

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17F350, 79FJ40 (R2.8), 08M3, 99Tacoma (TDI,40"s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there a reason that these mudflaps are $449USD? like do you get 3 or 4 pair for that?

OP
OP

bronco3

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is there a reason that these mudflaps are $449USD? like do you get 3 or 4 pair for that?
Ford determines the selling pricing on those particular ones, and are exclusive to them. We don't have control over their pricing. We have less expensive options available in six months, but they won't have the Bronco logo on them.

Last edited:

Salem747

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17F350, 79FJ40 (R2.8), 08M3, 99Tacoma (TDI,40"s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford determines the selling pricing on those particular ones, and are exclusive to them. We don't have control over their pricing. We will have less expensive options available in six months (due to agreement with Ford), but they won't have the Bronco logo on them.
OK thanks, I did have a look at your other products and they aren't terribly cheaper. Which in a way I like, the price on the Bronco ones is not just an early adaptor premium that Ford or you as the manufacturer is layering on.

Must just be made out of some of that fine Alberta Crude!

Sponsored

KEM IA

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just ordered a set of 4.. OUCH $700... I am hoping they are as good as the look.
$400 WTF is that sh*t.
Does that take ammo too.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

current price is simply a no go, that's ridiculous for what these are. I'll check back once you can sell your own, could not care less if it says Bronco on them, actually don't really like that part, I want nothing that draws attention on them. But I'll use cardboard and trashbags before I pay $700 for something like that. I was looking forward to these, but I'd have a hard time spending more than maybe $200 for a set of 4 vinyl and rubber flappers. And that's pushing it.

Hopefully some other manufacturer jumps in, I'd like to add some before it gets wet here, if it ever does again.
Sponsored