Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronc-hol-e-oh
If, by some odd B&P combination, I end up with the modular top, then I plan on popping up out of it and shouting that a la Beavis the very first time I remove it.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Removable Windows Screenshot_20200916-222807_Chrome

So this won't actually be possible?
No, that configuration is the removable top not just removable rear windows. That configuration is possible...if you photoshop the scenery.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If, by some odd B&P combination, I end up with the modular top, then I plan on popping up out of it and shouting that a la Beavis the very first time I remove it.
Ford Bronco Removable Windows 1600313831886

The Frisco Kid

Black Diamond
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 F-250, 2015 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Might be a deal-breaker for me. My rear seat passengers have to have some way to get some ventilation. Hell, even a minivan from the 80's had hinged rear windows with a latch at the bottom where you could open it a couple inches outward. ? (n) ?
It’s something that seems possible to do. I’m pretty sure my parents’ expedition can do it. Still not a deal breaker for me, though. Just an inconvenience for anyone sitting in the back.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I wonder if there is too much flex on the glass area for the 2DR top? In the video of them putting the non-modular top on, you can see it flexing a lot. Just a guess.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Might be a deal-breaker for me. My rear seat passengers have to have some way to get some ventilation. Hell, even a minivan from the 80's had hinged rear windows with a latch at the bottom where you could open it a couple inches outward. ? (n) ?
Just take the whole top off, it is removable.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is now a 90% chance I will not get a modular top. I like that it's black, but i just don't think it's worth it anymore. I was pretty excited for the windows to pop out because of the lack of soft top option from the factory, but I guess I will live.

Hate to add to the "aftermarket will fix it" crowd, but it is what it is.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, FoMoCo will be leaving a lot of $$$ on the table as the sale of Modular 2D Tops don't sale as they expect due to the side rear windows not being removable or at least being able to pivot open to allow better airflow for the rear passengers when the Rear Roof Section is attached.

FoMoCo, please consider who those rear passengers will be..... most likely small children. You don't care to show any love to them?

And to those who said "just take the top off".... well... for me... if I have small children back there, I would want to lessen the risk of over exposure to Sunlight and any foul weather that the rear roof would protect them from.

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is now a 90% chance I will not get a modular top. I like that it's black, but i just don't think it's worth it anymore. I was pretty excited for the windows to pop out because of the lack of soft top option from the factory, but I guess I will live.

Hate to add to the "aftermarket will fix it" crowd, but it is what it is.
I’m definitely in this camp now. The modular top was high on my list of options when it originally sounded like you could remove the rear quarter panels. Dropped a bit on my list when that turned out to be you could only remove the glass. Now you can’t even do that in the two door? If that’s the case I’ll just stick with the MIC top until someone in the aftermarket designs a better hard top.

As mentioned above, I don’t need a hatch for my machine gunner. I would, however, like the option of running with no glass back there. For me though, I was excited because I’ve removed a 2 door wrangler hard top before and it’s definitely a two person job. I was hoping beyond hope that Ford targeted that issue and gave me a top I could pull glass out of ahead of time in order to remove it alone. Without that option I’ll likely never have the top off because I’ll need another person to help remove it.
Sponsored