indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Apparently my Bronco is getting built this week, and the sticker indicates it includes the headliner. I did NOT want that headliner. Has anyone tried to remove it? Man, I hope whatever glue they use is easy to remove, else it's going to be a mess. :(
Sponsored

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Sound Deadening Headliner used to be an option, but then became a freebee when production got delayed. Then it apparently became standard regardless when the bronco's were so noisy anyway.

Not sure what benefit there is in removing it....it is like a quarter to maybe three eighths thick mat glued over much of the top. Not sure what it would get in the way of.

OP
OP
indio22

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Sound Deadening Headliner used to be an option, but then became a freebee when production got delayed. Then it apparently became standard regardless when the bronco's were so noisy anyway.

Not sure what benefit there is in removing it....it is like a quarter to maybe three eighths thick mat glued over much of the top. Not sure what it would get in the way of.
I like the smooth easily washable surface on my Jeep hardtops. Dust and other stuff will collect in the fabric, especially if I leave the Bronco top in the yard. Probably bugs/spiders messing with it. I was surprised to see the deadener on my sticker. My concern is if Ford used some kind of glue that is not easily removable, then I'm stuck with the fabric, literally.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is only standard on certain models. I forgot to add it to my Badlands and so didn't get it installed. Would of been free.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think you will make a very bad mess of the inside and may not like the result.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It can be peeled off, the back is basically one big peel and stick sheet. I put the accessory headliner in mine and couldn't get it to stop shedding so I removed it. A bunch of adhesive gum will be left behind that can be removed but will take forever and look like crap if you don't.

OP
OP
indio22

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
It can be peeled off, the back is basically one big peel and stick sheet. I put the accessory headliner in mine and couldn't get it to stop shedding so I removed it. A bunch of adhesive gum will be left behind that can be removed but will take forever and look like crap if you don't.
Yeah this stinks, I did not want the crummy fabric. It's going to eventually get messed up and who knows what it will look like years down the road. I'm ticked off I will have to screw around removing the adhesive wth.

Although, maybe I can cut up the fabric, stuff it into my manual transmission, and it will "deaden" the likely grumbling noise. ;)

So you were able to remove the adhesive gum, did you have to use a chemical? I'd like to avoid anything that might interact with the hardtop surface.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Get some grease and wax remover
like used in paint shops.. it will remove the adhesive

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah this stinks, I did not want the crummy fabric. It's going to eventually get messed up and who knows what it will look like years down the road. I'm ticked off I will have to screw around removing the adhesive wth.

Although, maybe I can cut up the fabric, stuff it into my manual transmission, and it will "deaden" the likely grumbling noise. ;)

So you were able to remove the adhesive gum, did you have to use a chemical? I'd like to avoid anything that might interact with the hardtop surface.
Or just be patient and wait for when your top cracks and try to make sure the replacement from Ford is bare.

cbrownabq

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge 2500 diesel
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well i just got mine and it disā€™t come with it. But, I didnā€™t really care.

Sponsored

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco WT. ā€˜23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Only my driver and passenger panels have the OEM headliner anymore as the rest of the hardtop was warranty replaced for being shit. If I ever get free time, I plan to put a custom liner in.

OP
OP
indio22

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well i just got mine and it disā€™t come with it. But, I didnā€™t really care.
Did your vehicle window sticker happen to list it? I'm holding out hope that somehow this is wrong, and the headliner will not be included. I don't know why it's there, I did not order or ask for it.

Ford Bronco Removing hardtop headliner 1682458828789
Sponsored