Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don’t even clip them anymore unless going in a long highway trip. They are too much of a pita. The Velcro holds fine. I’ll latch them for trips and in the winter only. On the sides. The rear one I still clip as it might blow out with the windows down when driving.
Sponsored

DapperDeeds

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Company
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know this thread is a little old. I am in the same bind with two broken buckles on my soft top windows. But I bought these 5/8 2 pin Sea to Summit buckles from Bass Pro Shop and used a compact hack saw and was able to file down the middle park of the clip and it fits into the female piece of the window!!! It’s not pretty but it works!!!
C75E50A7-AFF2-4809-A39C-B40E82CBEF0F.jpeg

I need a fix for this as well! I wish someone would come up with something..... I broke one of my clips the 2nd time I removed the rear window... then a a second one broke just last week when installing the side windows. I am not pulling tight or hard... the little middle plastic piece just snaps off so easy!

I need to order some of these but want to confirm the size.... OP says .75 in and you have 5/8 in that you got to work. This shouldn't even be a thing.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why not replace both ends of buckle??? Break the female side if you have to...

DapperDeeds

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Company
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why not replace both ends of buckle??? Break the female side if you have to...
I planned to if I can’t just get the male end working… 🤣 no pun intended

The size is what’s throwing me off though as one said 3/4 in wide and another said 5/8

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is so easy to do. Sorry that happened. I almost did the same thing and I have a series of steps I always take when opening the soft top now, just to keep myself from forgetting to latch, or put it up before I park.

coryfg

Wildtrak
First Name
Corrado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just noticed one of the buckles to my drivers side window is missing. It sounds like nobody has been able to find a replacement that works. When any of you went to the dealership, how did the resolve this? Were they able to replace the clip or did they replace the whole window?

No More Jeep

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Same issue. The markings on the clip on mine indicate it is made by ITW Nexus Global. Here is what I pulled from the company web site so worth a shot to see if you can order and replace. Looks the same. Does not address the stich issue but work on that next.

36FFE90A-59C9-4863-8522-B67370917E8D.png
For stitching, I would suggest going to a cobbler/shoe repair shop. A lot of those guys fix many things other than shoes, and have the tools and skills to fix it correctly.

jkass

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The plastic buckle on my rear window closest to the drivers side just broke (the thin middle horizontal plastic piece failed). I just took delivery of my Bronco just a few days ago. Think this defect is covered under warranty? Has anyone heard from FoMoCo about what they intend on doing about this design/manufacturing defect?

coryfg

Wildtrak
First Name
Corrado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I should have an answer for you on Monday. One of the buckles on my side window broke and I went to my Ford dealership a couple days ago. The service person told me the person he needed to talk to about this was out until Monday and he'd get back to me then. When I hear back, I'll let you know what I was told.

Sponsored

tynamo29

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I should have an answer for you on Monday. One of the buckles on my side window broke and I went to my Ford dealership a couple days ago. The service person told me the person he needed to talk to about this was out until Monday and he'd get back to me then. When I hear back, I'll let you know what I was told.
Did you ever hear back if this was covered? I have the same issue happening to mine.

coryfg

Wildtrak
First Name
Corrado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did you ever hear back if this was covered? I have the same issue happening to mine.
Yes, I just heard back yesterday. They ordered an entire replacement window as their isn't a way to just replace the clip. I don't know how long it will take to come in but will report on here once I receive it.
Sponsored